Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sir Ryan Giggs

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I fear for Rooney. He plays like a man possessed all season, and that can only take its toll.

Leroy Ambrose - the new Mystic Meg.
  • Options
    One of very few footballers to be mentioned (or appear) on The Simpsons.

Homer: Can you believe they gave Giggs a yellow card in the box?
  • Options
    Best ever PL player? Best ever Man U player?
  • Options
    He's rubbish and needs tro be loaned out the a third tier club
  • Options
    Great run, take and cross just then from MCS. Man U certainly look a better team since he took that Welshman's place in the team.
  • Options
    He has been voted Man Utds greatest ever player in a fan poll, not bad at all.

As was said on the commentary it is testament to him that he is playing CM away in a Champ League quarter final.
  • Options
    Legend of football and a proper sportsman... they're rare nowdays
  • Options
    didnt he end up playing left back against west ham.

the mans just different gravy.
  • Options
    In my opinion the best player to have graced the Premier League, purely on consistent quality over such a long period of time. Any team would love to have him in their squad
  • Options
    if he played for us and tweeted the wrong thing our precious fans would be wetting themselves and offended like he'd torn their mums a new bumhole
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally i can't see why all the hate towards him here. The guys a football genius. Believe me, Fergie wouldn't let sentiment get in the way. He's always in the team purely because of what he can produce, not what he's done in the past. A total professional who is never seen staggering out of the trafford centre or any other swanky celeb hang-out at 3 am with a tart draped around him. Like Scholes, he's dedicated his life to his profession and kept himself at the peak of his game. Even at his age, probably still one of the top ten performers in the premiership.

Just been asking myself for 20yrs, Why Wales Ryan? :-(
  • Options
    You wont get a reaction out of Oli, he's on holiday in Paris : )
  • Options
    An amazing talent on the pitch and I don't think anyone can say a bad word about him as a man either. People always complain about 'footballers today' but Giggs is in every sense a class above 99% of those playing today.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Winters-Dawn[/cite]In my opinion the best player to have graced the Premier League, purely on consistent quality over such a long period of time. Any team would love to have him in their squad

Agree with that
  • Options
    Yeah great bit of luck with the first touch, but did anyone else notice his rubbish corner when he not only kicked the corner flag not the ball, but actually if you look he fookin shinned it!! That man is just a shinner!! Crap!!
  • Options
    Sorry Olls but Giggs is class and has been for the last 19years
  • Options
    People talk about Giggs as a model pro, like he's some kind of a saint wasn't he caught up with a 3 in a bed romp with Dwight Yorke in the tabloids going back a bit, or was that MCs? ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Best ever PL player? Best ever Man U player?
    Henry & George Best.
  • Options
    Henry - best prem player? You having a laugh?? He was great but bottled it on numerous occasions!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]Personally i can't see why all the hate towards him here. The guys a football genius. Believe me, Fergie wouldn't let sentiment get in the way. He's always in the team purely because of what he can produce, not what he's done in the past. A total professional who is never seen staggering out of the trafford centre or any other swanky celeb hang-out at 3 am with a tart draped around him. Like Scholes, he's dedicated his life to his profession and kept himself at the peak of his game. Even at his age, probably still one of the top ten performers in the premiership.

I don't think he could play for England, only played for the schoolboys as he was at an English school (I think).

He could have also played for Sierra Leone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Probably because he's Welsh.
  • Options
    Great Player
  • Options
    Wasn't his mother English? Anyway- he felt more welsh unfortunately - If I had my way there would be a Great Britain football team so it wouldn't be an issue. Wales, Scotland & ireland usually have one player who would make a difference and England are usually 2 or 3 short. As we stand now- Wales, Scotland and N Ireland never qualify for anything and England usually do but them disapoint when they play in a major tournament - what is the point of perpetuating this.
  • Options
    Born in Cardiff to Welsh parents, Giggs represented Wales at international level. As a youngster, Giggs captained England Schoolboys. Contrary to popular belief, he was never eligible for the full England team (eligibility at the schoolboy level depends solely upon the location of the school, in Giggs' case Moorside High School in Salford). He has stated that he would have chosen to play for Wales anyway.
  • Options
    Man Utds Southern Scout (Malcolm Fidgeon) once told me the story of how Man U signed him. He was playing for Salford Boys when a Utd scout spotted him, only to be told he was at Man City's School of Excellence. Just to make sure, the scout approached his Dad at the end of the game, only to find that he hadn't signed any forms at City despite having been there for a number of weeks. Fergie was at the ground and alerted to the fact that he needed to be around to help with a signing. Giggs was quickly despatched to Old Trafford with his Dad and ushered into Fergies office to sign schoolboy forms there and then. The rest is history...City must have been gutted when they found out.
    I saw him in one of his early games a couple of years later against Leeds at Old Trafford. He came off the bench after about 15 mins and played up front with Mark Hughes. He ran the Leeds Back Four ragged.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: smudge7946[/cite]Ryan Giggs isn't his real name. When he was a schoolboy he was called Ryan WIlson.

He changed his name because his Dad - a professional Rugby League player - was a complete arsehole to him and his Mother so Giggs took his Mother's maiden name and wiped his Dad from his life.
  • Options
    Does it again great pass for another important goal for man u the fella just keeps going and going unreal really my best ever prem player on a consistency basis who has there been better
  • Options
    Unbelievable no sooner did drogba get chelsea back in it, that man giggs again with a visionary ball 3-1 game over the bloke is just class real class we really were blessed to have seen him live for so long in the prem a true great of the modern game
  • Options
    Massive SAF influence as well. As a youngster could've easily ended up like Lee Sharpe