Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Bubble said:

Well if Dale is staying and I'm not disappointed about that we are still a quality midfielder light to my thinking. Doesn't look like we are signing anyone so I'm now back to guessing were skint.

If we was skint SHG Im sure Dale would have gone

And the rest.
  • Options
    Some people on twitter now saying Stephens is staying...roll on 11 o/c
  • Options
    I really rate stephens but would rate £3 mil more.
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Well if Dale is staying and I'm not disappointed about that we are still a quality midfielder light to my thinking. Doesn't look like we are signing anyone so I'm now back to guessing were skint.

If we was skint SHG Im sure Dale would have gone
    This - you have to feel some people want us to be skint! - if we don't sell any players (when we could easily do so) it logically means we are not skint.

• Options
    It's obvious we need a CM even with Dale staying. I know it, you know it and I reckon SCP knows it. Why ain't it happened ?
  • Options

It's obvious we need a CM even with Dale staying. I know it, you know it and I reckon SCP knows it. Why ain't it happened ?

Heskey's doing a 'conversion' course
  • Options

how do we though? everyone agree 2 players in every position. 4 strikers and nobody is saying we desperately need a striker, same with centre back. CM - we have Pritch, Stephens, Kerkar and Hollands, plus players like Jackson, Wilson and even Green who can play there. I think we are fine. The problem with the midfield is that we have a cm playing right wing at the moment, so its making our midfield look lighter.
  • Options
    There does seem to be an air of wanting trouble with some posters on here, not that they want the club to struggle but so that they can leap to save the day and get rid of those "evil" owners we have.

This is not a dig at the Supporters Trust which is a great idea, just at the people who seem to twist anything we do today or in the last week in to a way that apparently shows we are in trouble.
  • Options

There does seem to be an air of wanting trouble with some posters on here, not that they want the club to struggle but so that they can leap to save the day and get rid of those "evil" owners we have.

This is not a dig at the Supporters Trust which is a great idea, just at the people who seem to twist anything we do today or in the last week in to a way that apparently shows we are in trouble.

Presume that's meant for me ? I think and I'm not alone that we are very light in central midfield. We need at least one in there and I suspect given it doesn't look like we are getting anyone in that we don't have the funds without selling. Now I hope and might be wrong but I'm not twisting anything just making an observation.

• Options

Presume that's meant for me ? I think and I'm not alone that we are very light in central midfield. We need at least one in there and I suspect given it doesn't look like we are getting anyone in that we don't have the funds without selling. Now I hope and might be wrong but I'm not twisting anything just making an observation.

Actually not you, something i noticed from other posters the last few days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plus i agree i would ideally have another player in CM but if we cannot afford it withought selling is a sign we are skint and in deep trouble then Charlton has been in deep financial trouble for most of the last 40 years.

Im much happier living in are means then risking it all like a fair few clubs in this division are doing.
  • Options
    What does Chrissy Powell think? Much more interested in that tbh. The team is still settling into life in a higher division and is one of 5 unbeaten teams - Stephens has been decent as has Hollands and Pritchard.
  • Options
    If we're in talks with NRC, we can still sign him after today as he's a free agent... Which would obviously apply to any other free agents so just cos we don't sign anyone today doesn't mean we won't sign anyone at all.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if he asks Chrissy if he can join the squad.
  • Options

Are we light? Midfield at the moment comprises of 4 players who could easily play in the centre. Add to that Hughes coming back from injury. Obviously if Stephens left then we would need someone in but maybe that's what the delay is?
  • Options
    Plus loans.
  • Options
    'charlton' is now trending on twitter because of the Heskey rumour...
  • Options
    It seems that Dale is going nowhere,Villa can't agree a transfer fee with Charlton.They have had a bid for Ashley Westwood accepted,the Crewe central midfielder.So after a lot of kerfufle it seems that there will be none in and none out.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=12000#ixzz258iNPSBG
  • Options
    Nice to see the doom squad on here filling there boots with, if we sell we're skint, if we don't buy we are skint. When nobody really knows anything!!! Really can't believe all the bul##~t being written. Why don't people just wait for the facts.
  • Options
    Hopefully none out then and we can still bring Hammond in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:

Nice to see the doom squad on here filling there boots with, if we sell we're skint, if we don't buy we are skint. When nobody really knows anything!!! Really can't believe all the bul##~t being written. Why don't people just wait for the facts.

We are not skint. If we were we would have bitten Villa's hand off when they made a 2 mill offer for Stephens.
  • Options
    paulfox said:

The thread is titled "Rumours, Rumours" not "Facts, Facts"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    paulfox said:

When was the last time the club told us any facts ?
  • Options

paulfox said:

Should be called... Bullshit, bullshit!!!! Lol!
  • Options
    WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE AGAIN :-(
  • Options
    paulfox said:

paulfox said:

Should be called... Bullshit, bullshit!!!! Lol!
    Spot on fella, there are more threads on here at the moment full of waffle, people in the know and bullshit than there are decent ones but its deadline day and that is what you get.
  • Options

paulfox said:

When was the last time the club told us any facts ?
    True!! But that shouldn't mean we all jump to conclusions when they don't have to say anything.
  • Options
    Any time you put two fans in one room, you get three rumours. The most sensible approach is to ignore any and all 'sources' however reliable/ITK they repute to be EXCEPT one: the club website. I truly believe this yet for some reason have been reading this exact thread all afternoon... What is wrong with me?
  • Options
    My gut feeling are that it's individuals' decisions rather than 'club' ones regarding Stephens' price.
  • Options
    sky reporting that Villa interested in Crewe midfielder Ashley Westwood
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!