Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited January 2013
  • I had better leave my brand new trainspotters manual at home. It's a bit of a give away and I don't want to get duffed up by those beastly Millwall thugs.
  • mart77 said:

Latest twitter rumour is that we've signed Anton Ferdinand on loan for the rest of the season.

Decent centre half. He's at The Valley a fair bit becasue he's good mates with BWP.
  • I think Anton would be a great signing considering the injury of Cort.
  • Think we're ok at the back, so why Ferdinand? Need to strengthen mid- field
  • For what it's worth, I think Ferdinand would be a good signing at this level. Think CP would get the best out of him.
  • Anton Ferdinand, got to be better than Taylor and Dervite
  • sralan said:

Think we're ok at the back, so why Ferdinand? Need to strengthen mid- field

I'd imagine Taylor will be off, Dervite is probably a better midfielder, so that leaves us with Cort and Morrison, who has been eratic lately.
  • Not convinced about how good Ferdinand is tbh. He was a promising young player once but his career seems to have generally been on a bit of a slide. If he can't get into the frankly shambolic QPR defence, that does not bode well.

Seems an unlikely signing, anyway, but would also be a waste of a transfer imo. It's pretty clear our main problems lie in midfield and up front, not in defence, and we should be spending our limited budget on these areas (assuming our budget is limited).
  • I think a lot of people want to take a look at themselves of they think Ferdinand is worse than Taylor and dervite

Cant see it happening but would be a good signing for us easily a very good championship defender and prob bottom half of table prem defender
  • Sponsored links:

• I think a lot of people want to take a look at themselves of they think Ferdinand is worse than Taylor and dervite

Cant see it happening but would be a good signing for us easily a very good championship defender and prob bottom half of table prem defender

I don't deny he is probably a good player but he would cost a ridiculous fee and seems to me to be a bit of a troublemaker

• @Transfers_123: I can confirm Charlton Athletic had their bid for @anton_ferdinand on a loan deal until the end of the season accepted. #CAFC #QPR
  • AF has talent, but how's his attitude? I worry about players that start relatively high in the football pyramid as youngsters and then slowly slide down the levels.
  • Purely cant believe this account as why would Agbonlohor be going to Cardiff? ok you may argue they may swap divisions but they may not and he's also a villa fan from Aston. the account appears to be coming out with all sorts of rubbish.
  • I don't think anton is a problem child I can't recall any real instances where he has caused trouble

Would be a good signing and would show intent

Would increase the pressure on SCP but would only be a great signing if we supplemented it with a good midfielder and striker
  • With 80 followers.
  • I don't think anton is a problem child I can't recall any real instances where he has caused trouble

He didn't allow saint John Terry to be racist towards him. Not a fan.

• Sounds like nonsense. But, I will say I've noticed, this season and last, people not wanting us to sign a player where we already have some depth regardless of whether he's a better player than what we've got. It's utter madness. Teams should always be looking to improve their personnel. If you're winning every game 10-0 you can still get better players, or players who fit your style better. I remember someone saying he didn't see the point in signing Stephens because we'd already signed Hollands and Alonso(!). People were underwhelmed by Yann because we had Hayes and BWP. If we were getting Anton (and I really, really doubt we are) he'd be a better player than what we have and we'd be mad not to sign him because we have Matt Taylor at the club. Powell will be aware of the areas we need strengthening and he'll judge who to sign based on waht's available to us.

Also, I dislike the Ferdinands immensely as people but one thing they are is very committed to their football. You'd get nothing less than 100% on the footballing side even if they were tools with regards to everything else
  • Sponsored links:

• Some tweets between Sullivan and some others, indicates that a coach has joined and Sullivan is going out on loan?

Alan Kenworthy is the coach
  • He is a sports psychologist I think
  • I'm not suggesting Ferdinand is a trouble maker, more that he's not a particularly committed player, hence why his career has, at best, stagnated and probably gone backwards.
  • Sounds like nonsense. But, I will say I've noticed, this season and last, people not wanting us to sign a player where we already have some depth regardless of whether he's a better player than what we've got. It's utter madness. Teams should always be looking to improve their personnel. If you're winning every game 10-0 you can still get better players, or players who fit your style better. I remember someone saying he didn't see the point in signing Stephens because we'd already signed Hollands and Alonso(!). People were underwhelmed by Yann because we had Hayes and BWP. If we were getting Anton (and I really, really doubt we are) he'd be a better player than what we have and we'd be mad not to sign him because we have Matt Taylor at the club. Powell will be aware of the areas we need strengthening and he'll judge who to sign based on waht's available to us.

Also, I dislike the Ferdinands immensely as people but one thing they are is very committed to their football. You'd get nothing less than 100% on the footballing side even if they were tools with regards to everything else

That theory works if you have limitless funds (which by League 1 standards we did last year) - if you have X ammount of moeny to spend, then you should spend it on your weaknesses first and use what's left improving on your strengths.

If we can afford to improve the defence AND the midfield and attack then great, but if it's case of spend on a defender OR a midfieder, it has to be the midfield we improve.
  • I think anton reached his peak playing prem football week in week out he was never going to be In the same class as rio in his hey day

Forget the personalities of both players I don't know them so I couldn't say

But rio back in his prime was a class act

Anton was a really good defender not as good as his brother but at times at every club he was really good reached the prem stayed there for a fair while

If he came to us I would be very pleased
  • Anton might be able to attract some gangsters from Peckham to our ground. Might help when smallwall come looking for revenge. Just sayin'
  • mart77 said:
    And also at the training ground, according to this, were Lionel Messi & Emile Heskey!!!
  • edited January 2013
    Danny Murphy linked on twitter...............................................................................

by someone who can't spell with 139 tweets, 19 followers and "4 GCSEs (Grades D to E)".
  • Ryan Nelson is retiring so QPR are unlikely to release Anton but I hope they do.
  • Danny Murphy linked on twitter...............................................................................

by someone who can't spell with 139 tweets, 19 followers and "4 GCSEs (Grades D to E)".

Nathan P?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!