Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Heard through the grapevine that Garath McLeary on loan from Reading could be on the cards...

Dependent on Reading's activity though.
  • Played at Bromley for a while, midfielder, made 14 appearances this season so far, can't see him coming tbh
  • Neither could I. Just watch this space, could happen...
  • _nam11 said:

Heard through the grapevine that Garath McLeary on loan from Reading could be on the cards...

Dependent on Reading's activity though.

Would be a brilliant signing if it comes off.

• Like I said...all dependent on reading. Not due to do massive signings, but they're trying for a loan for a winger from another Pl club.
  • McLeary was very highly regarded last season. Would be a very interesting option if it happened
  • More chance of signing Alan Mcleary.
  • Not convinced about how good Ferdinand is tbh. He was a promising young player once but his career seems to have generally been on a bit of a slide. If he can't get into the frankly shambolic QPR defence, that does not bode well.

Seems an unlikely signing, anyway, but would also be a waste of a transfer imo. It's pretty clear our main problems lie in midfield and up front, not in defence, and we should be spending our limited budget on these areas (assuming our budget is limited).

Is the main problem really in midfield or upfront? We scored four goals last week but conceded three. In reality it's probably the whole team that needs improving if we are to challenge for promotion eventually.
  • Our defence isn't as strong as some believe, we've let in on average two goals a game in the last half a dozen matches.
  • I'm sure today's team will give us some clues. Villa are still in the FA cup so Stephens might not play. Swindon are out though so Green might get a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

Our defence isn't as strong as some believe, we've let in on average two goals a game in the last half a dozen matches.

It's an up and down defensive record. Hamer has kept a fair amount of clean sheets throughout our good winning patches.
  • Not convinced about how good Ferdinand is tbh. He was a promising young player once but his career seems to have generally been on a bit of a slide. If he can't get into the frankly shambolic QPR defence, that does not bode well.

Seems an unlikely signing, anyway, but would also be a waste of a transfer imo. It's pretty clear our main problems lie in midfield and up front, not in defence, and we should be spending our limited budget on these areas (assuming our budget is limited).

Is the main problem really in midfield or upfront? We scored four goals last week but conceded three. In reality it's probably the whole team that needs improving if we are to challenge for promotion eventually.
    The midfield can get overrun so the defence gets pressured and strikers get less service. Midfield definitely a priority for me.
  • I'm sure today's team will give us some clues. Villa are still in the FA cup so Stephens might not play. Swindon are out though so Green might get a game.

Stephens plays, Green on the bench

Stephens plays, Green on the bench
    No Solly.
  • How would people feel if BWP went to Millwall for some cash?
  • as long as it was there turn style takings he was nicking--not that he could buy much with that
  • WSS said:

How would people feel if BWP went to Millwall for some cash?

As long as he doesn't score against us, I couldn't give a monkeys
  • Wouldn't be too chuffed tbh
  • How would people feel if BWP went to Millwall for some cash?</blockquote

is this a possibility then?

• How would BWP feel is a better question.

Their fans were pretty scummy to Haynes & Frimpong during our outing to the den; and BWP himself got a fair share of abuse.

I doubt he'd be jumping for joy at the prospect; and I doubt millwall would take him!
  • Sponsored links:

• I really don't know. Wouldn't surprise me though.
  • edited January 2013
    But also charged with racial abuse in may last year , will Powell want this kind of player ?
  • 8 goals this season 7 in fa cup should have signed him just for today
  • sammy391 said:

But also charged with racial abuse in may last year , will Powell want this kind of player ?
    More to the point would he want Powell as his manager?
  • Mcleary got two assist in readings game today , looks a good player is we can get him
  • Did I read Bailey can leave boro in the summer? Wouldn't bet against him being back here again
  • Jaddick said:

Soccer Sauce ‏@soccer_sauce
    Charlton have made enquiry with #MUFC about taking Federico Macheda on loan till the end of the season. #CAFC #ADDICKS

Don't know if this is a credible source but would be a v good signing.

apparently is looking for a way out at utd... view to a perm?
    The only perm i'd like us to sign is Fellaini.

• Wade elliott and danny hylton both scored goals today too , linked with both
  • Iago Falque from Spurs is linked with us in one of the Sunday papers along with Brighton and Wolves.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!