Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Richard J said:

Iago Falque from Spurs is linked with us in one of the Sunday papers along with Brighton and Wolves.

most likely to go brighton

• No money. Don't get your hopes too high fellas.
  • Thank god Darren purse has just signed for someone
  • Did I read Bailey can leave boro in the summer? Wouldn't bet against him being back here again

No chance, as he is likely to leave to get Boro's wage bill down.

• Did I read Bailey can leave boro in the summer? Wouldn't bet against him being back here again

No chance, as he is likely to leave to get Boro's wage bill down.

what is it with some of you, always wanting to re-sign ex players. They moved on - try doing the same !!

• Millwall interested in signing BWP, according to a reliable source yesterday.
  • Millwall interested in signing BWP, according to a reliable source yesterday.

Well they have lost out on Woods and McLean. Need a striker.

• How much is BWP worth? I know any player is just worth what someone else is willing to pay but wonder what ball park we would be in.
  • Isn't his contract up at the end of the season? 500k max if so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Half that I reckon. Or maybe DNG in a swap deal
  • Don't mind DNG but don't think we'd be getting the better half of that deal. Saying that CP doesn't seem to fancy BWP so maybe he'll fancy a swap. Trotter or Henry would be handier additions ;0)
  • We would be lucky to get £150K for BWP with his contract up in the summer I reckon
  • We would be lucky to get £150K for BWP with his contract up in the summer I reckon

If BWP joins Millwall this is how he will be welcomed:

'Thief,thief,thief'

'You're sh.. and your Dad's a c..t'

All non racist banter of course.

Could see DNG being a straight swap although he has started the last few games for them.

• Swapping BWP for DNG is mot even thinkable
  • I'd rather take what ever they gave us. Don't want to swap a garbage player for another garbage player, we already have enough of them in our squad
  • I'd rather take what ever they gave us. Don't want to swap a garbage player for another garbage player, we already have enough of them in our squad

Very harsh on BWP. I really believe that if we sorted out our midfield then BWP would be doing a lot better. He's a striker who feeds on supply and not really a striker who creates his own chances through graft. If we do sort out our supply issues we may regret letting him leave.

Garbage? He's hardly garbage is he?!

Has done well for us and given decent service will score goals wherever he goes.

Fans like you really do spoil football, he might not be up to scratch this season but that "Garbage" player got more goals & assists then any other player to get us out of trips to places like Hartlepool/Tranmere/Rochdale and all the others, show some respect.
  • With his contract expiring, we'd be fortunate to get £50K to £100 K for BWP. We'll need a replacement , as Haynes and Fuller spend a lot of time injured
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2013
    Fans like me? What are you on about? I'm not going up to his face and telling him he is garbage am I? I don't shout at him when he plays unlike some people. Yes I should show more respect for what his done but we all have to move on and at this level we are currently playing at he is considered to be garbage and keeping players like him won't ever allow us to move on as a team same situation with dng.

given the service he will score goals you're corrrect but only at league 1 or below where he will get more than one or two chances a game, were as in the championship you rarely get chances.
  • Really think we are short up front with Haynes injured (and always likely to miss as many games as he plays), Fuller needing to be managed and just Kermorgant. Can't see us letting BWP go unless there is an improvement coming the other way and that isn't DNG.
  • Fans like me? What are you on about? I'm not going up to his face and telling him he is garbage am I? I don't shout at him when he plays unlike some people. Yes I should show more respect for what his done but we all have to move on and at this level we are currently playing at he is considered to be garbage and keeping players like him won't ever allow us to move on as a team same situation with dng.

given the service he will score goals you're corrrect but only at league 1 or below where he will get more than one or two chances a game, were as in the championship you rarely get chances.

Apoligies i did assume you were the sort of fan who instantly forgets anything the player has done in the past and shouts at players during the match to tell them that there "garbage", if your original post had been more like that one, i would not of made my comment.

I just get tired of fans who don't show respect to certain players because there not flavour of the month or season.
  • Fans like me? What are you on about? I'm not going up to his face and telling him he is garbage am I? I don't shout at him when he plays unlike some people. Yes I should show more respect for what his done but we all have to move on and at this level we are currently playing at he is considered to be garbage and keeping players like him won't ever allow us to move on as a team same situation with dng.

Why not just say he may not be good enough for this level instead of purely insulting someone? I know he's not here but whether you like it or not we wouldn't have been promoted without his goals so maybe show a little respect for the team that gave the fans so much to cheer about last season.

I like BWP and will always have a soft spot for him after his performances last season. Hasn't really had much of a chance this season as he's not really the type of striker for a team who play with one up front or aren't dominating games. Though, he did do great when he came on against Derby, best I've seen him play in probably forever. I'd give him a couple of games but if a handsome offer comes in I don't think I'd turn it down, especially given his contract situation.

• Really think we are short up front with Haynes injured (and always likely to miss as many games as he plays), Fuller needing to be managed and just Kermorgant. Can't see us letting BWP go unless there is an improvement coming the other way and that isn't DNG.

Agreed
  • J BLOCK said:

Really think we are short up front with Haynes injured (and always likely to miss as many games as he plays), Fuller needing to be managed and just Kermorgant. Can't see us letting BWP go unless there is an improvement coming the other way and that isn't DNG.

Agreed
    Isn't that why we recalled Azeez from Wycombe?
  • edited January 2013
    18 years old and without a start above League 2 level. Can he really come straight in to play a role from the bench on a consistent basis - and if BWP goes make the occasional start?
  • Fans like me? What are you on about? I'm not going up to his face and telling him he is garbage am I?

No, you're doing it from behind a keyboard. So much braver.
  • Not convinced about how good Ferdinand is tbh. He was a promising young player once but his career seems to have generally been on a bit of a slide. If he can't get into the frankly shambolic QPR defence, that does not bode well.

Seems an unlikely signing, anyway, but would also be a waste of a transfer imo. It's pretty clear our main problems lie in midfield and up front, not in defence, and we should be spending our limited budget on these areas (assuming our budget is limited).

Is the main problem really in midfield or upfront? We scored four goals last week but conceded three. In reality it's probably the whole team that needs improving if we are to challenge for promotion eventually.
    Yes it is. We very rarely control the midfield and as such the defence is put under too much pressure. We can help avoid this by playing 5 in midfield, but that comes at the sacrifice of almost all our attacking threat. Morro, Cort, Solly, Wiggins and Hamer would all get into a lot of other teams in the Championship - can we say the same for the players in front of them? Some but not all.

As for BWP, as long as he's replaced, he can go as far as I'm concerned. He has a crap scoring record above League 1, has rarely looked threatening this season and if we're honest he did not score as many as he should have done last season given he was playing in by far the best team in the division.

I'm not ungrateful for the important goals he did score, just trying to be realistic about his limitations. I think he's overated by many of our fans and there's very little room for sentiment in this game so if selling him to Millwall would help us buy a player better suited to our way of playing then lets get it done and move on.
  • J BLOCK said:

Really think we are short up front with Haynes injured (and always likely to miss as many games as he plays), Fuller needing to be managed and just Kermorgant. Can't see us letting BWP go unless there is an improvement coming the other way and that isn't DNG.

Agreed
    Agree also. S. Jackson from Norwich for me. Pity he played yesterday and scored as it will put up price. He is just what we need. Add K. Richardson fron Fulham and we will finish mid table no prob and have a team that can push on next year. One can but dream.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!