Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Hope Bradley goes no where especially for DNG, if we played A fit fuller and brad I see goals that's if we keep it on the floor.

• Redrobo said:

J BLOCK said:

Really think we are short up front with Haynes injured (and always likely to miss as many games as he plays), Fuller needing to be managed and just Kermorgant. Can't see us letting BWP go unless there is an improvement coming the other way and that isn't DNG.

Agreed
    Agree also. S. Jackson from Norwich for me. Pity he played yesterday and scored as it will put up price. He is just what we need. Add K. Richardson fron Fulham and we will finish mid table no prob and have a team that can push on next year. One can but dream.

Simeon Jackson would cost too much for anything other than a loan which I think unlikely.

• Would not like BWP going to Millwall , could just see him coming back to haunt us.
  • Redrobo said:

J BLOCK said:

Really think we are short up front with Haynes injured (and always likely to miss as many games as he plays), Fuller needing to be managed and just Kermorgant. Can't see us letting BWP go unless there is an improvement coming the other way and that isn't DNG.

Agreed
    Agree also. S. Jackson from Norwich for me. Pity he played yesterday and scored as it will put up price. He is just what we need. Add K. Richardson fron Fulham and we will finish mid table no prob and have a team that can push on next year. One can but dream.

Simeon Jackson would cost too much for anything other than a loan which I think unlikely.

His contract is up in 6 months time so I assume we could get him relatively cheap
  • BWP was outstanding for us last season and was top scorer for a reason. I think he started the season well and despite what some think he does work hard, he does drop deeper and collect the ball and try to bring others into play. Powell is ruthless it seems and isn't prepared to waste time with players he doesn't believe are good enough to get us promoted. Unless your name's Salim Kerkar.
  • Azeez maybe isn't ready but id like to see him gettin some minutes until th loan window shuts. You never know has good goal ratios at every level he's played and we all no what options pace up top gives us
  • I'd prefer to see BWP given a new contract and a run in the team than shipped off to Millwall.
  • I'd prefer to see BWP given a new contract and a run in the team than shipped off to Millwall.

You've obviously accepted relegation then

You've obviously accepted relegation then
  • Have we got any reasonable expectations that there is actually any money available to bring anyone in? You know apart from the "they didn't buy this club to see it slip back down to league one" school of wishful thinking.
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw Dean Parrett at the ground yesterday is he a Charlton fan or is he linked with us again?
    Anyone else see him?
  • Have we got any reasonable expectations that there is actually any money available to bring anyone in? You know apart from the "they didn't buy this club to see it slip back down to league one" school of wishful thinking.

I think the plan is sell to buy. Powell pretty much said this. Expecting the likes of Green, Wagstaff, Hollands, Clarke, maybe BWP and maybe Stephens to be off and 1 or 2 bought in. But hopefully its these guys and not the likes of Solly, Hamer etc.
  • Wagstaff, Clarke, Sullivan and Stephens out, new ST, new LM and new CM in please :-)

Button and Hamer with Pope as back up is enough, Green, Wilson, Cook, Pritchard and Haynes is more than enough for potential right wingers, Stephens is pony and we could do with the money if some numpty is willing to pay for him, and Clarke isn't good enough and Powell doesn't want him
  • pepsi said:

I saw Dean Parrett at the ground yesterday is he a Charlton fan or is he linked with us again?
    Anyone else see him?

He's good mates with Button so would guess he was there to support him. Did ok for us when he was here but not sure he's exactly what we need, although on a budget he could be an option!

• BWP was in the shop window last summer so would not be surprised to see him go this month. Might as well cash in while we can if he's not in SCPs plans.
  • pepsi said:

I saw Dean Parrett at the ground yesterday is he a Charlton fan or is he linked with us again?
    Anyone else see him?

He's a good friend if Button's. Came to watch Button's first game.
  • edited January 2013
    sam3110 said:

Wagstaff, Clarke, Sullivan and Stephens out, new ST, new LM and new CM in please :-)

Button and Hamer with Pope as back up is enough, Green, Wilson, Cook, Pritchard and Haynes is more than enough for potential right wingers, Stephens is pony and we could do with the money if some numpty is willing to pay for him, and Clarke isn't good enough and Powell doesn't want him

We might get some money for Stephens, otherwise I don't see us getting enough for the others to make up the price of a striker (how much do they cost in this league? too much!) and a decent winger, (who aren't cheap either), so what are we looking at tops, £2 mil or thereabouts? That's IF the rumours about Stephens valuation are right. And why would, say, Villa buy Stephens if there are other midfielders who can do a better job for less money out there?

Answers on a postcard please to Confused of Cornwall.
  • Redrobo said:

J BLOCK said:

Agreed

His contract is up in 6 months time so I assume we could get him relatively cheap
    Agree.

Norwich obviously do not see him as Prem quality and one has to assume that they are aslo trying to improve their squad when the opportunity presents itself and one can further assume that they have a player(s) on their radar.

I conclude this as they do appear to be trying to agree a new contract with him. They are leaving it a bit late if this is what they really want.

On the down side, they maybe interested in one of our players in exchange. If not, we are probably 'out of the game' due to our finnancial situation. A loan deal 'with a view for' is not out of the question though.

One dreams!
  • Worth looking at Prince Buaben? Not getting a look in at Watford with their influx of foreigners.
  • mart77 said:

pepsi said:

Anyone else see him?

He's good mates with Button so would guess he was there to support him. Did ok for us when he was here but not sure he's exactly what we need, although on a budget he could be an option!

Thanks that makes sense, shame as I thought he did well for us.

• Sponsored links:

• I can see why we would want Simeon Jackson but I'm not so sure he would be interested in us. He's made it to the Prem. If he drops down to the Championship in January my guess it would only be to a team with a decent chance of promotion this year. Hate to say it but Palace might be a more likely destination. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Earnshaw has been told he's surplus to demands at Cardiff. If we could get him on loan / a short term contract I think he'd still be an upgrade on BWP...
  • Earnshaw has been told he's surplus to demands at Cardiff. If we could get him on loan / a short term contract I think he'd still be an upgrade on BWP...

this.

problem would be wages though - I would expect he is on a decent wedge.

• I honestly think we need to create more chances. So badly want Stephens to step up and provide
  • pepsi said:

Anyone else see him?

Lets hope not he was very average in Div 1 why on earth would we want him in the championship?
  • Worth looking at Prince Buaben? Not getting a look in at Watford with their influx of foreigners.

More chance of getting Prince Harry

• edited January 2013
    We are a club that gives youth a chance Azeez could score goals is he ready or not now will scp find out!? Play him thats how!
  • Here's a thought, why don't we keep BWP?
  • What with Dean Parrett and Gary O'Neill in the crowd yesterday, were there more footballers in the crowd than fans?

this.

problem would be wages though - I would expect he is on a decent wedge.

I've seen Earnie play throughout his career. He used to be a 'fox in the box' who would get you 20 goals a season in the Championship. But ive also seen him play recently and know plenty of Cardiff fans who all agree his best days are long gone.
    League 1 standard at best.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!