Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boys of Summer return - Baseball is here again

Comments

• Options
    Was at the Braves v Brewers game last night.....you cannot beat a walk off 9th inning victory. Go Braves!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Cards win and sweep the Nats. Reds lose. Come on you Cubbies! 4-1 ahead end of the 6th!
    Cubs win. Cards magic number now 1.
    Looking like a home-starting series vs the Dodgers.
  • Options
    I'm working in NYC right now and going to the Mets game at Citi Field tomorrow, any tips for beer/food within the stadium ?

As an aside there's a poster for the Red Bulls on the subway ("the beautiful game, closer") and I had to drinkebly advise the patrons moments that Henry wasn't their best player but a certain BWP was !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'm working in NYC right now and going to the Mets game at Citi Field tomorrow, any tips for beer/food within the stadium ?

As an aside there's a poster for the Red Bulls on the subway ("the beautiful game, closer") and I had to drinkebly advise the patrons moments that Henry wasn't their best player but a certain BWP was !

You must have a Nathan's FootLong (hot dog that is). Citi Field is a terrific stadium - you can walk all the way round while watching the game, even if the Mets are basically crap.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Have been working in NYC this week and am currently watching the Mets v the Brewers at Citi Field, amazing stadium but I'm not sure if I'll be able to "get" this sport - there seem to be more people queuing for beer/hot dogs/burgers than watching the match !
  • Options
    Think I'll be root root rooting for the Cubbies tonight. Would rather take on the Dodgers with home advantage that risk facing those pesky Pirates.
    Don't COYRedbirds :o)
  • Options
    No, need a win to finish with best record in NL and so have home advantage in the NLCS.

Couldn't lose to the Cubs if we tried : - )
  • Options

No, need a win to finish with best record in NL and so have home advantage in the NLCS.

...we seem to be trying sending Westbrook to the mound ;o)
  • Options
    No point using anyone we are going to need in the rotation in the play-offs: - )
  • Options
    Love seeing the fretting going on in the NL whilst the sox have AL top seed position already sown up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah but there's no competition in the AL East ;o)
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Well you have your wish Henry but we've been so poor in Pittsburgh recently we have to win both of the first 2 (IMO).....unless the Reds turn them over of course.

Terry Francona to return to Fenway with AL WC winners Cleveland?
  • Options
    Cards will beat the Pirates in four.

Brooklyn to beat Atlanta,

• Options
    Piss off Henry ;-)
  • Options
    Braves will blow it again Steve, I know and you know it. : - )
  • Options

Cards will beat the Pirates in four.

Brooklyn to beat Atlanta,

Indians have won 15 of last 17 and assuming they make it past the Rays or Rangers, pose the biggest threat to the Red Sox in the AL. Pirates have the measure of the Cards I'm afraid and Braves will fold as usual.
    I reckon that despite attempts to blunt the Wild Cards, the "form" factor still weighs heavily and I predict a Pirates v Indians World Series.
  • Options
    Agree on the Indians. They are on a great run but I think home advantage will be enough for the Cards in the NL. Dodgers are their major threat not Pirates IMP

Cards v Indians World series.
  • Options

Agree on the Indians. They are on a great run but I think home advantage will be enough for the Cards in the NL. Dodgers are their major threat not Pirates IMP

Cards v Indians World series.

Naturally hope you're right but, personally, I've always doubted the value of "home advantage" in the 5-game division series. The away team just has to split the opening 2 to put themselves in the box seat. If only that Cards v Giants NLCS last year had been a 5-game series!
  • Options
    If only but look at the Giants now, flash in pan side : - )

Cards know about post-season play which will be an advantage over the pirates and others.
  • Options
    Cannot believe the Pirates are in a deciding wildcard game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Predictably, the Pirates roll on to St Louis. One advantage for the Redbirds is that Liriano (winning last night), against whom they were 0-3 in the regular season, won't start more than 1 game but they will likely face in game 2 rookie Gerrit Cole for the first time (5 straight wins in September with 1.69 ERA) - Cards haven't fared well against unseen pitchers.
    Game 1 - Burnett v Wainwright (Thursday 10pm BST on ESPN) - you'd have to think is a must win for the Cards. Even so, a split in St Louis may be enough for the Pirates as the Cards are just 3 from their last 10 in Pittsburgh.
    If the Cards are to win it will be in Game 5.
  • Options
    Got my tickets for Braves V Dodgers Game 2 being played Friday night in Hotlanta, can't wait.
  • Options
    I'm not into baseball but I was in Pittsburgh last night and around the stadium . The place was buzzing
  • Options
    Why weren't you at the valley you part time supporter, by the way if you think Stephens is shit you know fuck all about football.
  • Options
    But Dale needs to learn a great deal about the art of consistent performance ;-)))
  • Options
    Tampa bay beat Cleveland in the wild Card game and now travel to Boston

So the line up now is:

National League

Pittsburgh Pirates v St Louis Cardinals

LA Dodgers v Atlanta Braves

American League

Tampa Bay Rays v Boston Red Sox

Detroit Tigers v Oakland Athletics

All over 5 games
  • Options
    GO RAYS! Nice whooping of Cleveland last night in their own back yard, been on the road since Sep 23rd and go again in Boston Friday, we're on a roll!
  • Options
    Peanuts and Henry both calling the Indians to get to the World Series?! Can you also predict that Charlton will get relegated....
  • Options
    Charlton will be relegated

From the Premiership in three years time
  • Options

Why weren't you at the valley you part time supporter, by the way if you think Stephens is shit you know fuck all about football.

What !?