Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Takeover

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]but that would only be 30k... try again

:)

Well I was going to mention the Jimmy Seed stand and filling in the corners later on, spoil sport ;-)
  • edited May 2009
    Varney slams 'unfounded' takeover talk - and insists Charlton want to keep Bent

Varney also denied being in contact with any consortium trying to take over the club. Reports on the BBC had suggested that a Middle Eastern groupwho had previously been interested in Liverpool were preparing a £45million bid.

Looking to bounce back: Alan Pardew (left) and Peter Varney

He said: "The takeover rumour is totally unfounded.

"There has been no contact from any Middle East consortium and the stories emanating on this matter have no foundation whatsoever."
    ;-)
  • It's Peter Andre taking over, I dont buy this divorce rumour, unless of course he has swine flu, well, he has been shagging a pig for a few years.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]It's Peter Andre taking over, I dont buy this divorce rumour, unless of course he has swine flu, well, he has been shagging a pig for a few years.

PMSL!!!!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]but that would only be 30k... try again

:)[/quote]

Well I was going to mention the Jimmy Seed stand and filling in the corners later on, spoil sport ;-)[/quote]

Sorry dude.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Varney slams 'unfounded' takeover talk-[strike]and insists Charlton want to keep Bent[/strike]

Varney also denied being in contact with any consortium trying to take over the club. Reports on the BBC had suggested that a Middle Eastern groupwho had previously been interested in Liverpool were preparing a £45million bid.

"There has been no contact from any Middle East consortium and the stories emanating on this matter have no foundation whatsoever."
    ;-)

Well, he's denied it now so that puts that dream to bed. Very sad day but better to know the truth and focus on reality than try to live a fantasy.

Charlton till I die.
  • Jordan a Pig do be a bit fair mate a pigs breasts are all natural
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][b]Varney slams 'unfounded' takeover talk[/b]-[strike]and insists Charlton want to keep Bent[/strike]

"There has been no contact from any Middle East consortium and the stories emanating on this matter have no foundation whatsoever."[/quote]
    [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-453426/Varney-slams-unfounded-takeover-talk--insists-Charlton-want-Bent.html];-)[/url][/quote]

Well, he's denied it now so that puts that dream to bed. Very sad day but better to know the truth and focus on reality than try to live a fantasy.

Charlton till I die.[/quote]

woooooosh?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Varney slams 'unfounded' takeover talk-[strike]and insists Charlton want to keep Bent[/strike]

;-)

Charlton till I die.

Not sure abut this. I can't believe an organisation with such integrity as the BBC have got this wrong - I think Peter is pulling a fast one here!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Jordan a Pig do be a bit fair mate a pigs breasts are all natural

Mmmm, would you like to expand on that statement, do you spend a lot of time on farm's ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• only when i went to Ipswich (elveden) Center Parcs
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]only when i went to Ipswich (elveden) Center Parcs

Lol
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Not sure abut this. I can't believe an organisation with such integrity as the BBC have got this wrong - I think Peter is pulling a fast one here!

it's over, mate, face it.
  • Let's wait and see what NLA says after his speedboat trip and meeting with Gordon - if nothing after that, then I might believe it is all over!
  • Might be a while, the tides just gone out!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

;-)

Charlton till I die.

Not sure abut this. I can't believe an organisation with such integrity as the BBC have got this wrong - I think Peter is pulling a fast one here!

it's over, mate, face it.

peter just peed him self and fell over board luckily we were no0t far from shore and he has swam to the side last heard saying that is such an old quote it is unreal

the dream lives on folks

now where did i put gordon
  • What you mean he swam to shore. Why didn't he just walk?
  • he is saving the walking on water for our entrance to the Valley of dreams Henners you should know that
  • well if he doesn't walk on water that is a bit of a worry, perhaps I am expecting too much from him after all!
  • I'm with Muse on this.

Builds himself up as a messiah but can't walk on water. WTF

And I'm not falling for the old "I can walk over the pot holes in the Valley Car Park" trick.

VARNEY OUT
    VARNEY OUT
    VARNEY OUT
  • Sponsored links:

• We demand our leader to be messianic and awe-inspiring ... or at the least to have the magical ability of Tommy Cooper.

Varney no longer impresses. Get him out now.
  • edited May 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]peter just peed him self and fell over board luckily we were no0t far from shore and he has swam to the side last heard saying that is such an old quote it is unreal

the dream lives on folks

now where did i put gordon

Come on, it's clearly over. He has slammed the unfounded takeover talks.
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]We demand our leader to be messianic and awe-inspiring ... or at the least to have the magical ability of Tommy Cooper.

Varney no longer impresses. Get him out now.

Varney can't take us to next level/higher plan.

We need someone who shows a bit of passion like Billy Graham or Barack Obama
  • Billy Graham, could be!

Having checked out some of his speeches, he may be the right person.

"Believers, look up - take courage. The angels are nearer than you think."

... and most importantly:
    "Give me five minutes with a person's checkbook, and I will tell you where their heart is."
  • Or Parkinson ?
  • I wouldnt be to dissapointed that we haven't heard anything. I wasn't expecting to hear anything until about thursday. All I was told is that thier was some important talks taking place today and I guess we will soon see if it all pans out.
  • I just heard from Peter Varney. I asked him for a statement to put everyone out of their misery. To make it crystal clear whether the take-over is proceeding or not. To tell us, once and for all, is it on or off? Peter, I said, please, for the sake of everyone who is waiting to hear your final pronouncement, for the sake of everyone clamouring to hear, please, Peter tell us. Is it on or off?

He said, "My decision is: "maybe". And that's final".
  • SkyText Page 741:

2008/09 C'ship appearances.

and thats it.
  • [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]I wouldnt be to dissapointed that we haven't heard anything. I wasn't expecting to hear anything until about thursday. All I was told is that thier was some important talks taking place today and I guess we will soon see if it all pans out.

God....Now its thursday ! ;0)
  • for those of you who think the takeover is off because of the link just posted actually read it, it's an old story
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!