Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Takeover

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Just heard from an impeccable source that this morning the takeover is definitely off. Sorry about that, but it is felt, apparantly, that the debt to possible income ratio in div three, even with promotion is too big a gap for potential investors.

Seth, you can check with your 'impeccable source' if you like, but if there was a takeover, then representatives of them were in the ground yesterday. Call me stupid but they may have guessed before yesterday there was a good chance we were going to be in division three....
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: A-R-T-H-U-R[/cite]Bing
    Why spread a rumour you dont believe?
    On the one hand you undermine an informant, then on the other you spread his news around.
    What does that make you?

Well you could call that spreading rumour. It could also be deemed passing on information clearly stating where it had come from. You're being mischievious because you know as well as I do who actually put that rumour forward and how poor his record of success has been in the past.

Actually I was responding to the "six weeks" rumour which had already surfaced on this thread. I decided to share what was already in the public domain on another forum. I did not say it was something I had heard whispered from my aunties cousins, sisters, cat. I chose not to name the player because that in itself is an unsubstantiated assertion by the person who orginally started it. I didn't name the poster because I didn't want to embarass him but he tends to post things he's heard which turn out not to be true. I have no reason to believe he didn't have the conversation, I don't believe he's made that up but frankly I very much doubt that players have been briefed about a takeover.

Was there merit in posting it on here, well in the context of other sources of a six week takeover rumour, I think it was?
  • Options
    Fairy nuff Bing
    Two sides to every story and all that
  • Options
    Nigel
    Glad you by-passed the reporter route!
    your reputation remains intact!
  • Options
    report in Daily Mail today syas that Parky's future is in the balance until the reported takeover is finalised.

do they know something too or simply picking up the story from the Sun ?
  • Options
    This rumour was rife on Saturday. If I was given a pound for everytime someone whispered it to me on Saturday, but told me to keep it confidential then I would have enough money to buy us another Deon Burton.
  • Options
    Apologies if I missed a mail or something - but the talk of "interesting people" in the directors box at the weekend...were they or arabian type descent?

Can't say I noticed them tbh - though I did see a man with Waggott last week and it seemed Waggy was pointing out different aspects of the ground to him and explaining a few things about it all

In fairness though - he looked more african than arab.

Hmm - i know we have to wait but the suspense is killing me
  • Options
    Theres a rumour going round that Bloodnut likes rumours.
    Any truth in this rumour ?
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1171961/Charlton-2-Blackpool-2-Parkinson-awaits-fate-Addicks-hit-drop.html

Mentioned there, no details at all though.
    Phil Parkinson's future as Charlton manager will not be settled until takeover talk at The Valley is resolved.

The Charlton board deferred the decision after their relegation to League One was confirmed by this draw following reports of a bid to buy the club.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    just a feeling I get, but any takeover will be on a very small scale and not make a huge difference to us other than maybe keeping us afloat a bit longer than otherwise might have been.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]just a feeling I get, but any takeover will be on a very small scale and not make a huge difference to us other than maybe keeping us afloat a bit longer than otherwise might have been.

well thats my cornflakes thoroughly pissed upon!
  • Options
    its just a feeling...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]just a feeling I get, but any takeover will be on a very small scale and not make a huge difference to us other than maybe keeping us afloat a bit longer than otherwise might have been.

well thats my cornflakes thoroughly pissed upon!

Why are you eating cornflakes at 14:15????
  • Options
    ''Why are you eating cornflakes at 14:15????''

Obviously up all night, making a list of the world-class players we should buy after the takeover. Didn't get to bed until 6am, hence cornflakes at lunchtime...
  • Options
    end of the day a takeover is a takover and if they didn't have money to keep the club going they would not be able to complete it so don't worry about not having money, of course it is not going to be on the man city scale but we may have our training ground back at least!
  • Options
    Feelings are great!!!

I love feelings...........
  • Options
    Time for my morning cornflakes !
  • Options
    Eat em quick before razil takes a piss on em!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]Eat em quick before razil takes a piss on em!?

I already have!
  • Options
    Has anyone heard anymore about this?
    is it still happening or not.
    first post btw lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome mlc22. Rumours persist but nothing new as far as I know. Perhaps no news is good news.
  • Options
    the david gold varney rumours seem to keep poping up, i knew he wanted out of brum so could be plus hes a londoner and i think given time and backing we would be a bigger club then birmingham city, hope they bring Karen along to cheer the boys up too...

KarrenBradyEMP_468x480.jpg
  • Options
    Not heard the David Gold part of this rumour. Anyone care to enlighten ?
  • Options
    Before Curbs left we were a far bigger club than Birmingham. It's just the last three years that have more than deflated us!
  • Options
    Guys

please i did say that the rumour about Varney,Gold Curbs and dicanio sounded like pie in the sky so i wouldnt worry about it
  • Options
    Di Canio part of a takeover consortium :-D Can't imagine that at all. Where did that come from?
  • Options
    from the crazy mind of a few i would have thought me being one of em
  • Options
    compare brums attendances to ours when they dropped down the leagues, I think that might tell a different story
  • Options
    Think I'd rather it was a Nigerian prince than David Gold....

;-)
  • Options
    isn`t David Gold still chairman of Brum ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!