Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Takeover

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Think I'd rather it was a Nigerian prince than David Gold....

;-)

I might be able to help you there as I got an email yesterday from a guy who's got $100m tied up in Nigeria but the poor bloke can't get it out of the country so he needs me to give him a hand by sending him £1000 plus my bank details (a mans gotta cover his expenses after all...).

Maybe we could have a whip round and help him out, he'd be very grateful and anyway we get $10m for doing nowt really. Can't lose...
  • Options
    I can't help thinking that this is going to be American Money that comes our way. Just have a feeling...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I can't help thinking that this is going to be American Money that comes our way. Just have a feeling...

The Anschutz rumour again? It never quite disappears.
  • Options
    money says that nothing actually happens and all of this is just rumours
  • Options
    it would make perfect sense for the O2 guys to invest in us, they can use the valley for events would be perfect.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    How many clubs in London? How many clubs in Birmingham?

Easy for Birmingham to think they are big when there are only 2 clubs in the 2nd biggest city!
    (and I won't include other West Midland clubs who are not in Birmingham)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Think I'd rather it was a Nigerian prince than David Gold....

;-)

I might be able to help you there as I got an email yesterday from a guy who's got $100m tied up in Nigeria but the poor bloke can't get it out of the country so he needs me to give him a hand by sending him £1000 plus my bank details (a mans gotta cover his expenses after all...).

Maybe we could have a whip round and help him out, he'd be very grateful and anyway we get $10m for doing nowt really. Can't lose...

Ha ha I got a similar letter from Venezuala 2k for $20m USD Bonus
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]it would make perfect sense for the O2 guys to invest in us, they can use the valley for events would be perfect.

They could anyway, but bear in mind that licences to hold rock festivals etc have to be granted by Greeenwich Council regardless of ownership, and they aren't going to be keen at having non-sporting events that might involve noise in a residential area.
  • Options
    Elton John went through no worries, being an ex employer of greenwich council, the O2 says jump the council says how high, any sort of money pls!!!!
  • Options
    They won't use the Valley, when the O2 still has to pay for itself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if its o2 sponserd events and run by them its a away of bringing in income Rothko, apart from indoor sports they could rivial wembley with NFL or Big football matches ala brazil v italy as a way to put coffers in the bank, if they did buy us we would just be a subsisdory of the whole 02 brand surely?
  • Options
    wouldn't profitability depend on the price of the club, and after all you can't book more than one act per night into the dome (of that sort of size anyway)?
  • Options
    O2 are the brand sponsor but I don't think they have any equity in the venue, which is owned/operated by the Anschutz Company.

We could become the "O2 Valley"...
  • Options
    well they took over the Brixton Academy!
  • Options
    say they buy the club for 20m settle all debits whats that 35m spent, they have a modern safe 'outdoors' areana all paid for and saftey checked and ready for instant use, its a no brainer, if i was head of O2 would be writting the cheques to murray and all right now, would we object tho to perhaps the 'O2 Valley'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]say they buy the club for 20m settle all debits whats that 35m spent, they have a modern safe 'outdoors' areana all paid for and saftey checked and ready for instant use, its a no brainer, if i was head of O2 would be writting the cheques to murray and all right now, would we object tho to perhaps the 'O2 Valley'

get in touch with them now Adam, I thnk you are on a winner ;-)
  • Options
    no way would we get 20m for the club in current situation and all the director debt..
  • Options
    i do have contacts with some through my current job as its a small world the biz we call show.. the valley hosting events would raise mucho funds, out door venue hosting events would pay for itself after a year or two. christ get me the head of anschutz now!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]say they buy the club for 20m settle all debits whats that 35m spent, they have a modern safe 'outdoors' areana all paid for and saftey checked and ready for instant use, its a no brainer, if i was head of O2 would be writting the cheques to murray and all right now, would we object tho to perhaps the 'O2 Valley'

I don't disgree with any of that, if Charlton did go bust then the sale of the Valley for housing/industrial use would underpin any investment.

The net asset value of the club is in excess of £25-30m, Jonjo alone is worth around £5m.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]it would make perfect sense for the O2 guys to invest in us, they can use the valley for events would be perfect.[/quote]
    Where are the current rumors about this? Did I miss something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i heard some last year Pilchy, it was touted around on here i think too.
  • Options
    The Sun said the Varney takeover was "close" but that was ages ago.

I will never trust The Sun or Peter Varney again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]it would make perfect sense for the O2 guys to invest in us, they can use the valley for events would be perfect.
    Where are the current rumors about this? Did I miss something?

Naaah, it's just conjecture and unsubstantiated, but it has a kind of logic about it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]but it has a kind of logic about it

Thats me H logic all the way...

Crazy_Eyes275e44.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]say they buy the club for 20m settle all debits whats that 35m spent, they have a modern safe 'outdoors' areana all paid for and saftey checked and ready for instant use, its a no brainer, if i was head of O2 would be writting the cheques to murray and all right now, would we object tho to perhaps the 'O2 Valley'[/quote]

I don't disgree with any of that, if Charlton did go bust then the sale of the Valley for housing/industrial use would underpin any investment.

The net asset value of the club is in excess of £25-30m, Jonjo alone is worth around £5m.[/quote]

Can't see it myself with between 20-30m debt, league 1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]if its o2 sponserd events and run by them its a away of bringing in income Rothko, apart from indoor sports they could rivial wembley with NFL or Big football matches ala brazil v italy as a way to put coffers in the bank, if they did buy us we would just be a subsisdory of the whole 02 brand surely?

Maybe not Brazil Italy, but some of the smaller football nations with a high london immigrant population - Jamaica, Nigeria, Cameroon! Aren't we also one of the Hockey practice venues for the Olympics.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Moses[/cite]Jesus said the Varney takeover was "close" but that was ages ago

I will never trust Jesus or Peter Varney again.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I had heard rumours about Anshutz ages ago but I haven't heard anything recently, I was wondering if some of the chaps and chapesses on here had heard anything more recent. It is a nice rumour if nothing else and as you say Stonemuse it does have a kind of logic about it, it really would make sense for Anshutz to invest in a semi big club on the cheap(current status and all that) and add us to his portfolio and in turn invest some decent cash to give us a fighting chance of bouncing back. Charlton have tremendous potential all things considered even after all our setbacks, you don't even have to be a fan to realise that given the right level of investment something fantastic could happen here, all it takes is a business man with the balls and a vision that is suitable for all parties to make it happen. (we are a bargain!)
  • Options
    Stuff and nonsence ! ;0(
  • Options
    I think that the sort of people who buy football clubs of the size of Charlton are more likely to be doing it for the fun/status/kudos/involvement in football rather than as a long term business expansion strategy.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!