Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Takeover

Comments

• Options
    right on Pilchy, wernt we meant to be the National stadium back in the 30's if they had rebiult the valley ala old wembley we would have been one of the biggest clubs of all time a 100,000 stadium, im sure in my history they decided against it due to not wanting to build another train track or somthing.. and getting to wembley was a joy before the jubalie opend wernt it.. on the other hand i guess we may have been forced out of the valley and gone bust so who knows..
  • Options
    OK Henry. What do you know ? Spill the beans ;0)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think that the sort of people who buy football clubs of the size of Charlton are more likely to be doing it for the fun/status/kudos/involvement in football rather than as a long term business expansion strategy.[/quote]

They'd have to be mad to do it for any other reason, although they might get a ceo's salary which can be quite lucrative I hear
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think that the sort of people who buy football clubs of the size of Charlton are more likely to be doing it for the fun/status/kudos/involvement in football rather than as a long term business expansion strategy.

They'd have to be mad to do it for any other reason, although they might get a ceo's salary which can be quite lucrative I hear

But that was before this year's tax rises...
  • Options
    would be great heading down to the valley on a summers evening to watch a gig in the open air i hate closed in venues, weve done it before with the who and sir elton, i think were on to a winner her trig..play it cool son, play it cool.......
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I don't think anyone at any level is buying a football club to further any kind of business plan, I don't imagine even at the top end they make an awful lot. Even Roman loses cash at Chelsea. It is obviously the rich mans plaything. Whether these current rumours are all stuff and nonsense or not the fact remains that sooner or later the club will be sold. To whom and for how much and what they have planned only time will tell.
    Given the current climate I do think the club reperesents a bargain. How many Division 3 clubs have a stadium like ours?
    Yes Adam we could have been one of the biggest clubs in the land in the 1930's but it never quite happened! (give it time though!);0)
  • Options
    tax rises don't come in till 2010 do they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]O2 are the brand sponsor but I don't think they have any equity in the venue, which is owned/operated by the Anschutz Company.

We could become the "O2 Valley"...

Did you say we could be come the "0-2 Valley" ..... ?

I know we've had a few home defeats this season, but now we've 'improved', perhaps we are the "2-2 Valley" .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    The Anchultz Valley, sounds like we would make good wine ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]O2 are the brand sponsor but I don't think they have any equity in the venue, which is owned/operated by the Anschutz Company.

We could become the "O2 Valley"...

Did you say we could be come the "0-2 Valley" ..... ?

I know we've had a few home defeats this season, but now we've 'improved', perhaps we are the "2-2 Valley" .... ?

;o)
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The Anchultz Valley, sounds like we would make good wine ;-)

We certainly have some singular whits on this forum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless I am very much mistaken the value of the club will be determined by what price the Directors want to sell at.
  • Options
    As long as the price is acceptable to the buyer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]tax rises don't come in till 2010 do they?
    Correct
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The Anchultz Valley,

Are we being absorbed into a greater Germany in a bloodless attempt to unite the German Folk?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The Anchultz Valley,

Are we being absorbed into a greater Germany in a bloodless attempt to unite the the German Folk?

LOL

Anschulss/Anschutz. The plot thinkens : - )
  • Options
    Last week. I saw one one of our directors in the car park of a mcdonalds in birmingham (not far from bordesley), I didnt think much of it at the time, so didnt mention it. Thought perhaps he was agreeing a fee with someone over one of our players or something.

Perhaps there is something to the Gold rumours.

This is true but purely conjecture as to why he was there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Last week. I saw one one of our directors in the car park of a mcdonalds in birmingham (not far from bordesley), I didnt think much of it at the time, so didnt mention it. Thought perhaps he was agreeing a fee with someone over one of our players or something.

Perhaps there is something to the Gold rumours.

This is true but purely conjecture as to why he was there.

Or he was fecking hungry ;-)
  • Options
    Bordesley Mcdonalds ... a place for the hungry and desperate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Bordesley Mcdonalds ... a place for the hungry and desperate.

Thats us then might be true
  • Options
    even if she once was a giver and receiver, she has done enough scenes to convince me she now needs to sit to piss and I would
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=16539&headline=Exclusive:

Hope this goes through
  • Options
    probably read it on here!
  • Options
    Don't we all - but it is rumour, conjecture, etc - we got stung once with Zabeel ... not gonna get caught again, will wait until it's all cut and dried.

If true, we will find out soon enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]probably read it on here!

exactly
  • Options
    I think we can safely say SOMETHING is going on. Where it is in terms of progress or who is involved is an entirely different matter.

My gut feel is we could hear something before or at the Norwich game.
  • Options
    Would be good if it is true....but after the zabeel thing fell through and me being a cynical old git.....i won't jump for joy just yet.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited April 2009
    I really hope this is true, I am trying to keep myself grounded after the heartache felt from the Zabeel fall out, but please let this happen.
  • Options
    I remain cautious, all that glitters is not gold.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]even if she once was a giver and receiver, she has done enough scenes to convince me she now needs to sit to piss and I would

Ha ha ha Wrong thread
  • Options
    Peter Varneys Red and white Army!! ;-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!