Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]So if I get this right, every time we write something and press the "Add your comments" button, this thread rises to the top of the list of threads?

Looks like it yeah, quite surprising!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Right, I've opened all my birthday cards and collected all the money.

Will be emailing my offer over in the next 30mins or so..... not long to go guys.

Happy Birthday Stu so what do you know about Takeovers then mate ?
  • I bet whoever predicted mid-October is feeling quite confident now!
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I bet whoever predicted mid-October is feeling quite confident now!

As I said hundreds of posts back, it will be the oldham game on 10th October, one-year anniversary of Zabeel original interest!

;-)
  • I think we need a "best of the Takeover thread"

Pick your three best posts for a compilation to come out in time for Christmas (still before any takeover takes place)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Cheers Kets, I know a fair bit about the takeover.

I'm hoping to buy the club, my current offer stands at:

6 empty envelopes (various colours)
    14 balloons (red and white)
    60 off empty cans of fosters

Sadly the current board are pushing for an improved offer and trying to get me to add stamps for the envelopes, I'm having non of it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Cheers Kets, I know a fair bit about the takeover.

I'm hoping to buy the club, my current offer stands at:

6 empty envelopes (various colours)
    14 balloons (red and white)
    60 off empty cans of fosters

Sadly the current board are pushing for an improved offer and trying to get me to add stamps for the envelopes, I'm having non of it.

Oi: you signed the NDA: you're not meant to tell anyone anything !

Happy Birthday fella.
  • what if i ask nicely

will you all please stop looking at this thread then you wont feel obliged to write anything then i wont have to ask you not to write anything then you wont write back saying you wont write anything then i wont write back thanking you not for saying that you wont right anything

Right
  • My mate was at the England match last night and a Croatian gipsy told him the deal will be announced this Friday....
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]what if i ask nicely

will you all please stop looking at this thread then you wont feel obliged to write anything then i wont have to ask you not to write anything then you wont write back saying you wont write anything then i wont write back thanking you not for saying that you wont right anything

Right

Ok.
  • Is 2222 a lucky number?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Is 2222 a lucky number?
    Not if you're in the meat counter queue at Morrisons it's not...
  • I'm frightened to write anything on here now, so I can't tell anyone what I just heard.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I'm frightened to write anything on here now, so I can't tell anyone what I just heard.

Don't worry Mog, you can tell us, just don't press F5!
  • OK, off to airport now so can't bump comment until I get to HK tomorrow.

Enjoy Saturday everyone!
  • I heard a whisper about the takeover. It will be happening very soon and the end of the world is nigh.

As a result of that whisper I have been sectioned under the Mental Health Act. The whispered voice was all in my head unlike every other post on this thread!
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]OK, off to airport now so can't[strike]bump[/strike]comment until I get to HK tomorrow.

Enjoy Saturday everyone!
    Can't you text a message...?
  • Just done a browse.....

This was on a sheff weds fans site.....

Could this be true?

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=111606
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]Just done a browse.....

This was on a sheff weds fans site.....

Could this be true?

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=111606

Dated "Aug 24 2009, 09:47 AM"...

About as reliable as our rumours or even the News Slopper
  • Sponsored links:

• No, probably not - next!
  • Can't access it, what does it say NLA? Cos I know you are a takeover fanatic.
  • I am not going to tell you
  • Please, or I will bump this thread to the top, like I wouldn't anyway!

Xmas Xmas no1, Xmas no1.
  • Chizz, 2222, or 8 in total is a very lucky number in china, is that a heavy clue? Regardless of whether it is or not or whether chizz knows or not, I now think that the Chinese are about to take over. Not sure if it is a Chinese conglomerate, a Chinese govt fund or the local Chinese takeaway, possibly the restaurant by the station given their local connections, but nonetheless I think this calls for a

FACT!
  • edited September 2009
    only when we have 31 members and 17 guests will it all become clear as that is when the special code will unlock the whole deal and the real announcement be made
  • Rumour is that we'll have more money than you can “Sheikh” a stick at!
  • Damn thats oil we need on the takeover thread, the start of a series of arabia based puns
  • Have read on a few occasions it's done but not being announced - why's that? Are we signing some big names on loan maybe?

Never mind - I'm just glad we still have the famous 5 in the middle who will lead us back to the premier league in 2 years
  • [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Damn thats oil we need on the takeover thread, the start of a series of arabia based puns

So we've palm-ed the club off to some Arabians?