Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• In before the

ideal_Edinburgh-Sink.jpg
  • That's my sink, taps and worktop JT. You been round to see the missus while I'm out grafting again?
  • Re-investment isn't a takeover so this thread goes on.

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on

and on
  • So after all that we took over ourselves...
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]So after all that we took over ourselves...

LOL

Yer owner is yer buyer
    yer rumour is yer liar
    from fryin pan to fire
    the charlton family
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]That's my sink, taps and worktop JT. You been round to see the missus while I'm out grafting again?

Yeah got a bit hot and steamy - she stuck the kettle on. I did offer to wash those cups up...
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Yer owner is yer buyer
    yer rumour is yer liar
    from fryin pan to fire
    the charlton family

The best post on this thread ever - FACT!!
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Yer owner is yer buyer
    yer rumour is yer liar
    from fryin pan to fire
    the charlton family

The best post on this thread ever - FACT!!

Seconded
  • Takeover Shmakeover - what utter bollox

It's the only reason I joined this forum

Laters
  • Surely we're at periscope depth by now? Come on Lookie/AFKA - fire one!
  • Sponsored links:

• why sink the thread. They say they are still seeking inestment and that could happen anytime so keep the thread going as it'll be needed sometime.
  • Do you get the feeling that we've been swizzed a bit. I mean first there is a takeover, and then just a buy out.

Although, is this buy out of the other directors just a way of making negotitions easier. ie less people needed to agree a price?
  • Sir Maurice Hatter: £0.66m
    Personal wealth: £40m
    Charity's net assets: £7.66m
    Maurice Hatter Foundation
    Hatter, 72, owns the London-based electronic components company IMO Precision Controls, which he established in the late 1950s with only £100. Since setting up his foundation in 1987, his charitable concerns have mainly been medicine, education and Jewish causes. One significant donation led to the establishment of the Hatter Institute for Cardiovascular Studies at University College Hospital, London, in 1990. Other donations have been invested in a full research laboratory at the University of Cape Town Medical School and the Haifa university in Israel - also known as the University of Peace. In 1997, £1m was given to the British government's literacy programme. Hatter was knighted in 1999.
  • I heard that South Africans fronted by Varney are going to takeover just in time for the world cup next year.

Oh wait, we can't make stuff up anymore :-(
  • I am just happy that we can all concentrate on the football and ignore the going bust/being taken over rubbish in the press atleast until the summer. Cheers to the magnificent seven, actually who would be who if they were the cast of the classic western?
  • Next scare will be "we need to buy xxxxx,do we have the cash?"
  • Absolute classic Charlton. MONTHS of feverish elaborate discussion, MONTHS of rumour and conjecture, MONTHS of ill formed opinion being batted backwards and forwards between the fans......and what happens.

Cue fanfare.

Nope, no Arabs, no Oirish, no Varney + co-conspirators..... no fireworks in the media.

Everything stays the fecking same (bar a few job titles...) and long may it continue so in my opinion.

Long life to CAFC. A uniquely average football club for the uniquely average man/women/transgender/blah !
  • [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Absolute classic Charlton. MONTHS of feverish elaborate discussion, MONTHS of rumour and conjecture, MONTHS of ill formed opinion being batted backwards and forwards between the fans......and what happens.

Cue fanfare.

Nope, no Arabs, no Oirish, no Varney + co-conspirators..... no fireworks in the media.

Everything stays the fecking same (bar a few job titles...) and long may it continue so in my opinion.

Long life to CAFC. A uniquely average football club for the uniquely average man/women/transgender/blah !
    Nailed on FACT, LOL!!!
  • So when is the takeover happening then? Summer 2011?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]So when is the takeover happening then? Summer 2011?

When someone offers enough money.
  • Did anyone win the champagne? :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I am just happy that we can all concentrate on the football and ignore the going bust/being taken over rubbish in the press atleast until the summer. Cheers to the magnificent seven, actually who would be who if they were the cast of the classic western?

Richard Murray would have to be Yul Brynner.
  • David White is the new boy so he must be Chico

David Whitehand could be in the running for Yul Brynner as well.

Maurice Hatter is Charles Bronson
  • Sir Maurice Hatter is James Coburn.
  • And Henry the VP is.......

Vinn - (love the cardy)
  • Can't see the pic but can honestly say that is the first time anyone, male or female, has ever likened me to Steve McQueen : - )
  • edited September 2009
    Yet another VP - Richard Collins as Lee
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Can't see the pic but can honestly say that is the first time anyone, male or female, has ever likened me to Steve McQueen : - )

He's dead and you're dead boring :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]David White is the new boy so he must be Chico

David Whitehand could be in the running for Yul Brynner as well.

Maurice Hatter is Charles Bronson

thought it was Bob Whitehand ??