Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Victor Meldrew is Richard Murray.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Victor Meldrew is Richard Murray.

I thought he was Richard Wilson? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Did anyone win the champagne? :-)

Me and Barnsey we reckon but addicted is also in the running allegedly but seems to have declined my offer for some corperate to relinquish their claim and join me and NSS as joint winners
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]David White is the new boy so he must be Chico

David Whitehand could be in the running for Yul Brynner as well.

Maurice Hatter is Charles Bronson

thought it was Bob Whitehand ??

It is. D'oh!
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Can't see the pic but can honestly say that is the first time anyone, male or female, has ever likened me to Steve McQueen : - )

He's dead and you're dead boring :-)

That's the last time I make you a cup of tea in bed : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Can't see the pic but can honestly say that is the first time anyone, male or female, has ever likened me to Steve McQueen : - )

He's dead and you're dead boring :-)

That's the last time I make you a cup of tea in bed : - )

Shhhhhhhhhhhh............
  • Heard a rumour that the current board are going to stump up some cash to tide the club over for the rest of the season and Richard Murray is coming back as PLC Chairman.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Heard a rumour that the current board are going to stump up some cash to tide the club over for the rest of the season and Richard Murray is coming back as PLC Chairman.

yeah right, most bizarre rumour yet. The Martian one has more substance than that.
  • It ain't over yet boys & girls....
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]It ain't over yet boys & girls....

What do you mean, Mr K?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]It ain't over yet boys & girls....

What do you mean, Mr K?

I mean a Takeover is a possibility still, this appears to be nothing more than a stabilising the club short term exercise from what I can see.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]It ain't over yet boys & girls....

What do you mean, Mr K?

I mean a Takeover is a possibility still, this appears to be nothing more than a stabilising the club short term exercise from what I can see.

The takeover will always be with us. It is the alpha and the omega.

The question Mr K is how short term is short term. This week, this month, this season?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Heard a rumour that the current board are going to stump up some cash to tide the club over for the rest of the season and Richard Murray is coming back as PLC Chairman.

yeah right, most bizarre rumour yet. The Martian one has more substance than that.

You wait. I will be proved correct.
  • I reckon we will be taken over by the time this Thread reaches about 5,000 posts best guess. :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I reckon we will be taken over by the time this Thread reaches about 5,000 posts best guess. :-)

So by the end of the week then.

Big announcement on the pitch before Exeter then I reckon.
  • As I am in the celebration suite Saturday I shall poke my nose in every dark corner to see what I can find
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I reckon we will be taken over by the time this Thread reaches about 5,000 posts best guess. :-)

Bump

;-)
  • http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=27694

Don't let me say I told you so
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=27694

Don't let me say I told you so
    Edited quotes don't count...
  • Oh, is it all over then?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Oh, is it all over then?

As you should know

"it ain't over baby till it's over"
  • Post 2442 - a palindromic number.
  • What happens if you press this button...?
  • Oh well done RedZed, apparently it is back on now and we should hear something soon.
  • Page 2!!!

Can't be having that!
  • Slipped back to Page 2 again.........
  • CHAIRMAN Richard Murray has told any parties interested in buying Charlton that the club will not be sold for a knockdown price.

Seven directors pumped £7million into the Addicks earlier this week to help balance the books at the League One high-fliers.

Murray has reiterated the board’s desire to sell - but has dismissed the possibility of a cut-price deal. Murray said: “We are still looking for investment or a takeover but the money put in allows us to do so without two hands tied behind our backs.

“I’ve been involved with this club for 19 years and we’re not just going to sell it to the first guy who flashes his credit card - it’s got to be the right deal.

“It’s a financial strain for all of us - we’ve all put in more money than we originally anticipated - but the key is it buys us time to find the right people. If something happens in November that will be fantastic but it’s" now not the end of the world if it’s February, for example."
    It's back on...
  • it never went away.
  • It will still be October.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It will still be October.

I always said it would be October.

Glad to see you agree with me now : - )