Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• The credit card bit is the bit I'm interested in, sounds like they want to find someone who actually has the cash, rather then someone who will borrow against the club to raise the money
  • RM's quotes seem to suggest that it will be November-February.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The credit card bit is the bit I'm interested in, sounds like they want to find someone who actually has the cash, rather then someone who will borrow against the club to raise the money

That would be some credit card limit!

Might suggest that some of the potential buyers were dodgy chancers although I find it hard to believe that such people would become involved in football.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]That would be some credit card limit!

No. That would be just a minor challenge to my missus...
  • Are we still 5th ?
  • In Richard I am still prepared to trust. A decent man with our interests at heart. Thank god we haven't got a 2 bob shite hawk at the helm like that 'football' club not to far from here!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Are we still 5th ?

no we're undefeated tho
  • And this thread is returning to where it belongs.
  • We are top of the page, we are top of the page! ... apart from stickies.
  • I predict it will all happen on my birthday 1/11/09

INDEED
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]I predict it will all happen on my birthday 1/11/09

INDEED

And just what is ALL...if that's not too difficult a question that is????
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    CHAIRMAN Richard Murray has told any parties interested in buying Charlton that the club will not be sold for a knockdown price.

Seven directors pumped £7million into the Addicks earlier this week to help balance the books at the League One high-fliers.

Murray has reiterated the board’s desire to sell - but has dismissed the possibility of a cut-price deal. Murray said: “We are still looking for investment or a takeover but the money put in allows us to do so without two hands tied behind our backs.

“I’ve been involved with this club for 19 years and we’re not just going to sell it to the first guy who flashes his credit card - it’s got to be the right deal.

“It’s a financial strain for all of us - we’ve all put in more money than we originally anticipated - but the key is it buys us time to find the right people. If something happens in November that will be fantastic but it’s" now not the end of the world if it’s February, for example."
    It's back on...

If the bloke as flashing a credit card, it would have been a 'Gold' card if the stories that we'd heard were true
  • Escaped to Page 2 again.........
  • Anyone see someone they didn't know in the directors box then? Or hear any nailed on facts Saturday?
  • Nope my mission in the celebratio suite was hijacked by Guiness I am afraid
  • Anyone got an update?
  • The word "FACT" is spelt F A C T.
  • I don't know, first defeat of the season and the thread sinks down to page 2.
  • I think the two are connected, the thread went to page 2 before the defeat. We need to double our efforts in spouting half truths and supposition or we will slide down the league. Come on people, someone must know something!
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I don't know, first defeat of the season and the thread sinks down to page 2.

Yep we are slipping down the list of threads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tonights news
    No news of takeover at Charlton, but takeover news thread is still on page 1
    and finally, a hedgehog had a lucky escape today when he was rescued from a lawnmower by phil parky. the hedgehog is recuperating at home with phil, and has already formed a bond with Norman the budgie, who phil had previously saved from drowning in his neighbours washing machine
    goodnight
  • Anyone else lay claim to having read every single flipping one of these 2472 posts? Dread to think how much of my life I've wasted on this thread...
  • [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Anyone else lay claim to having read every single flipping one of these 2472 posts? Dread to think how much of my life I've wasted on this thread...

The only one I've read is yours mate , good shout - saved me a couple of days I reckon
  • not looked since thread number 1765...anything happened

zzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzz
  • edited October 2009
    vsd
  • [cite]Posted By: mrbligh[/cite]vsd

Is that code for something important, or some kind of nasty disease?
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    CHAIRMAN Richard Murray has told any parties interested in buying Charlton that the club will not be sold for a knockdown price.

Seven directors pumped £7million into the Addicks earlier this week to help balance the books at the League One high-fliers.

Murray has reiterated the board’s desire to sell - but has dismissed the possibility of a cut-price deal. Murray said: “We are still looking for investment or a takeover but the money put in allows us to do so without two hands tied behind our backs.

“I’ve been involved with this club for 19 years and we’re not just going to sell it to the first guy who flashes his credit card - it’s got to be the right deal.

“It’s a financial strain for all of us - we’ve all put in more money than we originally anticipated - but the key is it buys us time to find the right people. If something happens in November that will be fantastic but it’s" now not the end of the world if it’s February, for example."
    It's back on...

Since I couldn't get the club for a song, I've decided to pull my offer.
    The takeover is over.
    For now.
  • Until the Next time..............
  • Had a look at the Directors Box during the Col U game.

Richard Murray arrived late.

I think this proves he was in detailed discussions with potential owners and the deal is almost done otherwise why miss the start of a game.
  • 'Allo, what's this doing down here....?