Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• haha
    like what you did their
  • yeah i stole it from you and slapped it here cos its in the sun ;o)
  • and this will takeover will happen FACT
  • Heading up a middle east consortium,

I am on the fence with this takeover talk at the moment TBH, I would rip your arm off for Sullivan and Gold because they are football men and have a proven record in achievements.

As for Wise i didnt mind him as a player always seemed the Robbie Savage of that time hated by most but if he played for your team youd love him.

as a person i have never met him but his PR aint that great, As a manger he was constantly said to be the front whilst his pal Gus Poyet was meant to be the brains, but he done ok at Millsmall one season and there is no talk of him managing us.

I love the fact that Muzza and Varney are back together so i would if it was a perfect world love to see them get it right all over again.

However the world anint perfect and nor is all things Charlton we still need a huge amount of money to fill a void we have a big band aid on it at the moment how long taht can remain sticky is a big big question.

so for a first in my life i am going to get splinters on my arse and say i really dont know if i would be for it or against it
  • Ooh it is getting exciting again. Two rival consortiums mentioned in the press already. Anyone else know of other ones, they don't have to be real, that is not important on this thread.
  • Not keen on either of the options currently being mooted, unless some of current board eg Murray and Varney remain involved, and with a big say in future strategy.
  • FOUR takeover threads at once???
    SURELY this is the only takeover thread and the others need bringing into here??

I recall at one point saying that the takeover would happen on or just before my birthday.
    My birthday is the 1st November so i think i am going to win. woo
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Not keen on either of the options currently being mooted, unless some of current board eg Murray and Varney remain involved, and with a big say in future strategy.

Agreed
  • A spokesman for the Official Charlton supporters club says his organisation would have no problems with Wise or Sullivan becoming involved at the Valley, though as long as Sullivan does not sell his products in the club shop. This according to today's SLP.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]A spokesman for the Official Charlton supporters club says his organisation would have no problems with Wise or Sullivan becoming involved at the Valley, though as long as Sullivan does not sell his products in the club shop. This according to today's SLP.
    Who is the un-named "spokesman"?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]A spokesman for the Official Charlton supporters club says his organisation would have no problems with Wise or Sullivan becoming involved at the Valley, though as long as Sullivan does not sell his products in the club shop. This according to today's SLP.
    Who is the un-named "spokesman"?

not unnamed, acticle names Paul Nottage. Rang all three members of CASC before speaking to SLP.
  • it is going to happen in the next 7 days mark my words
    i think all will be good at the valley
  • I don't want unaffordable football.
  • Lol, Henry....You are naughty but I like you !
  • ....but I thought there were only 2 others .
  • It's like the summer all over again...
  • Sullivan & Gold to run the Ladies Team; Wise & Jiminez to run the First Team. nonFACT.
  • Excuse me, has anybody lost a thread...?
  • Bumpasaurus Rex...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2009
    Bumpity Bump

Lets not let this slide again!
  • As much as I understand and appreciate some of the jokes on this thread, it has gone beyond the insane. Why can't there be a different thread, that actually focuses on what might be one of the most important periods in the clubs history?

p.s apologies for the grumpy old man attitude- i promise i am only in my twenties
  • Bless !
  • Lost Red, this is the Official takeover thread but there are imposters out there!
  • [cite]Posted By: Lost Red[/cite]As much as I understand and appreciate some of the jokes on this thread, it has gone beyond the insane. Why can't there be a different thread, that actually focuses on what might be one of the most important periods in the clubs history?

p.s apologies for the grumpy old man attitude- i promise i am only in my twenties

I was in my twenties when this thread began.....I'm 47 now.
    Give up on the grumps Lost Red and join the thread..... there will be a takeover any day now, mark my words...
  • Its not going to happen in the next 7 day's -mark my words!
  • Inflation rises, Just like this thread...
  • Bouncey Bouncey Bounce Bounce
  • Like a phoenix from the ashes!