Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Andy Murray thread

Comments

• Options
    Well said chizz
  • Options
    Going to be hard to beat the serb though chizz he looks something else.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]Going to be hard to beat the serb though chizz he looks something else.

Id fancy Murray against Fed - but Djokovic and Rafa have the edge on Murray
  • Options
    Personally i would have said rafa out of the three at present,Djokovic has the extra day rest as well ,love Murray to win it,think Agassi lost a fair few before getting his maiden and Andy still so young.
  • Options
    Going with world rankings so far: Djokovic one set and one break up.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    like i said printing money murray losing,like Andy want him to win but im going to the bookies to pick it up.
  • Options
    3-0 to novak was only 4-1 bookies no
  • Options
    Battered out of sight I'm afraid
  • Options
    I blame the lack of support for the lad.

Didn't see one Union Flag in the crowd............
  • Options
    Gutted to win but thinking about it he may well keep just losing in finals something not there in him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray destroyed
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    he's come up against players in frightening form in all 3 finals. not to win a set in any is worrying tho.
  • Options
    The new Monty!
  • Options
    Something not right.
  • Options
    Murray forgets to turn up for his final
    I couldn't bear to watch it beyond the second set.
    I know he's still young but you have to wonder if he'll ever win a major after that gutless and passionless performance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]that gutless and passionless performance

thats well harsh. djokovic didnt allow murray to play how he can. think djokovic won it rather than murray lost it.
  • Options
    The white socks did it for him.

Underwhelming.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]that gutless and passionless performance

thats well harsh. djokovic didnt allow murray to play how he can. think djokovic won it rather than murray lost it.

Considering that it was arguably his best chance of a slam yet, I saw no evidence of fire in his belly.
    He whinged and whined to himself; his whole body language seemd to say "loser".
    Harsh? Maybe, but that's the way I saw it.
    Credit to Djokovic, he was awesome.
    I'm not saying Murray should have won, but he never looked like he believed he could.

And if, as you imply, Djokoviv can dismantle his game that easily - then there are now at least 3 major barriers to a grand slam victory for Murray
  • Options
    Djokovic would have blown anyone away on that form.

Although to a certain extent, I agree that Murray's body language was terrible. He looks beaten before he starts.
  • Options
    Thank Christ Murray is not English!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mc Henman
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Djokovic was completely focused on the job in hand whereas Murray allowed extraneous factors like the tension of his racket strings to get to him. It was always going to be tough even without such a distraction and at that level the margins are so slim that a distraction of that nature makes a big difference. How can one of the top 5 players in the world, in arguably the biggest match of his life, be so ill prepared that he did not have rackets ready strung for all contingencies?

He was in sulky Jock mode from the off though. None of the aggressive posing which he seems to need to do to play well.

He is still young enough to win a Grand Slam but after today's effort I seriously question whether or not he has the requisite mental strength.

That's not harsh that's the sort of incompetence Charlton regularly displayed in the relegation season under Pardew when the likes of Lloyd Sam and others fell over like Bambi on ice because they wore the wrong studs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]The white socks did it for him.

Underwhelming.

Hahaha
  • Options
    Feel sorry for him, every final with the weight of 70 plus years on his shoulders. He has the game to destroy any of the top players on his day.

If I was him, I'd make sure I employed the best sports psychologist in the world.
  • Options
    Just lost 6-0, 6-1 to Federer and so out of the World Tour Finals.

That's some defeat - I couldn't have done much worse and I've never played tennis in my life.
  • Options
    Federer has still got it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Got to get himself a decent coach again. Mauresmo isn't working out. He's been off it since Lendl went.
  • Options
    Exactly what I said months ago
    look who coaches Federer
    look who coaches Novak
    look who coached Murray when he won Wimbledon

all top quality players in their own right
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    The geezer is a c***
  • Options
    How dull is Greg Rusedski....