Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Andy Murray thread

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone not realise it is on at the mo? Lost first set of his tournament 6-3, second set won 6-4, 6-4 third set just won

Very good performance, been watching on live feed while at work :-O

Link to watch Murray Live
  • Options
    Hope he loses the miserable sweatie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: clivey_hero[/cite]Hope he loses the miserable sweatie

Not looking likely, he has just gone 3-1 up in the fourth set.
  • Options
    two breaks up in fourth and probably final set 4-1 murray on serve, it looks inevitable now

As for Cilic he put up a fight early on but Murray has worn him out he now looks like he's done a few rounds with Tyson
  • Options
    serving for the match
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]serving for the match

Not just yet mate :-) he is 5-1 up and Cillic serving
  • Options
    yep. sorry cillic serving to stay in
  • Options
    serving for the match
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]serving for the match

Haha thats the one mate! Game Set match 3-6. 6-4,6-4,6-2 now lets hope its not for nothing and can produce something special in the final!

Cilic looked a battered man at the end lol
  • Options
    shot around the net!!

awesome - truly awesome

fair play - you may be very very boring but you sure can play tennis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done the British player!

(had he lost he would have been a jock b******):-)
  • Options
    great game!
  • Options
    Fantastic performance throughout the tournament!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Fantastic performance throughout the tournament!

Yep it was, lets hope he can up his game further as would need to to beat the fed express. although Federer is playing tomorrow so the extra days rest is in his favour which is opposite to when they met in the us open final

Bring it Home, well sort of lol been ages since a british winner even if it is a scot :-)
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the final will be very early Sunday morning or will it be a similar time to today's match?
  • Options
    Only dropped one set all tourni.
  • Options
    Well done, Andy,
  • Options
    Whoever he gets in the final won't matter....he won 6 tournements on lino last year and I dont think Feds or T'songa have ever beaten him on this surface.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Does anyone know if the final will be very early Sunday morning or will it be a similar time to today's match?
    Just checked and it starts on Sunday at 7.30 pm in Melbourne time. I think that makes it 8.30 Sunday morning.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Does anyone know if the final will be very early Sunday morning or will it be a similar time to today's match?
    Just checked and it starts on Sunday at 7.30 pm in Melbourne time. I think that makes it 8.30 Sunday morning.

Good stuff, although staying with non-sporty friends in Blackheath, so hope we can persuade them to put it on the telly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]

Good stuff, although staying with non-sporty friends in Blackheath, so hope we can persuade them to put it on the telly!

Wont you be in church around that time?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

You don't know me very well, mate ;-)
  • Options

God bless you my son.
  • Options

God bless you my son.

haha
  • Options
    Love him or loath him he is our best player for 70 years and arguably the 3rd best male British player of all time now he has reached two grand slam finals.

For me Fred Perry is number 1 followed (at the moment) by "Bunny" Austin (a lovely man I was privileged to meet) with Andy Murray 3rd.

If Murray wins on Sunday I'd put him above Austin in my rankings.

Nothing against the guys whom preceded Perry and Austin but there was nothing like the number of players in those days and often the winner of the previous year only had to play one match in what was known as the Challenge Round.

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=tennis/08/09/07/TENNIS_Britain_Finalists.html

Goes against the grain to praise an anti English player but credit where credit is due.
  • Options
    So he is British for now...but IF Murray loses does he go back to being Scottish?

Anyway nice to have one decent tennis player who does get into finals.

People make a fuss about his personality but how much does Murray care if he wins on Sunday? (which is his main goal rather than be the usual plucky British loser who makes friends with the press)
  • Options
    He's matured enormously in the last couple of years - both as a player and a person.

Shame some of his detractors on here can't grow up too ;-)

Well done, Len, for grudgingly supporting him ;-) ;-)
  • Options
    Bjorn Borg was equally as boring an individual (if not more so)....but he was my all time favourite.
    Those games at Wimbledon with Macenroe somehow went beyond tennis and sport...they became almost gladitorial theatre.
    Quite clearly a golden age with those two and their totally different characters and approach both on and off the court....it divided sporting fans opinions and allegiances worldwide, let alone Wimbledon finals and tennis afficionados for a joyous number of years.
    Borg /Macenroe finals at Wimbledon.....quite simply sporting history of the highest order.
  • Options
    I was very much a McEnroe fan and couldn't stand Borg. Fantastic tennis at the time, as you say - really gripping stuff and hugely entertaining.

Don't know what I'd have done if I'd known then that Borg was actually a Charlton fan...!
  • Options
    i was always a borg fan, ice cool temperament under pressure i loved him in a curbs sort of way ....
    grew to like mcenroe especially when he stuffed that smarmy git connors