Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Andy Murray thread

Comments

• Options
    Centre Court looks stunning tonight, credit the committee there for the roof and the lighting system they've got there
  • Options
    un.....believable......
  • Options
    tide is turning?
  • Options
    all the time!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Blimey...whoever wins will be totally shattered for the 1/4 finals.

The guy either Murray or Swiss guy will face must be happy to see this ever ending match!

CC looks very good though and the crowd are really getting invovled most un tennis like.

Got to admit both players are playing with so much passion and effort its hard on the loser.
  • Options
    Get in!

I think Murray will have won over a lot of cynics tonight. Great win in front of probably the biggest sports tv audience in the UK this year.
  • Options
    Phew, that was a bit of an epic, wasn't it?
  • Options
    the roof the roof the roof is on fire!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Get in!

I think Murray will have won over a lot of cynics tonight. Great win in front of probably the biggest sports tv audience in the UK this year.

the tennis he played tonight has won me over for sure, like all great sportsmen you dont have to like them to admire the fantastic things they do and if you like tennis you can not help but admire him and his performance tonight

i doff my cap young man well done
  • Options
    Well done the Englishman!

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shocked that I took an interest in the match. Not really a tennis fan but listened on the radio and it sounded fairly exciting
  • Options
    Well done, you Jock bastard

:o)
  • Options
    Tough game on Wednesday but what a game last night !
  • Options
    Miserable Jock twatt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Tough game on Wednesday but what a game last night !
    I don't think he'll have much trouble against JCF. I watched the games he played against him at Queens a couple of weeks ago and he destroyed him.

That being said - i'm sure he'll make it difficult for himself!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Great win in front of probably the biggest sports tv audience in the UK this year.
    The viewing figures peaked at 11.8m.

In comparison, some other "top" tv shows recently:

The Apprentice, final - 9.8m
    England 6-0 Andorra - 9.6m
    The Stig revealed on Top Gear - 7m
    Sophia's eviction on Big Brother - 2.7m
    Totally Saturday - 2.58m
    Alan Carr: Chatty Man - 1.9m
  • Options
    C'mon, Andy, win it for Scotland ;-)
  • Options
    Re viewing figures.

11.8m. Over twice the population of Scotland. Must be all those English folks wanting to see him beaten? Hopefully won't happen. Keep it going Andy!!
  • Options
    With a couple of other expats in our local we were just waiting for a plate of glass from the newly built rood to break off and cut him in two... then again two Andy Murrays would be Hell
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Just won first set of his QF v Ferrero!

Then promptly loses his serve in the first game of the next...don't like doing it the easy way, do he!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Just won first set of his QF v Ferrero!

Then promptly loses his serve in the first game of the next...don't like doing it the easy way, do he!!!

Just following in the great tradition of British tennis players...keeping us on the edge of our seat!
  • Options
    Won 20 out of 21 points to win second set...coping well with the heat so far.
  • Options
    looking comfortable now

keep Sunday afternoon free

going to be the biggest sporting occasion the UK has seen for a fair old while
  • Options
    Superb!
  • Options
    Looks that way....7-5, 6-3, 6-2. Done and dusted!
  • Options
    Don't underestimate Roddick or Hewitt on grass.

We need them to battle out a 5 setter because they are both lacking a little bit of match fitness possibly.
  • Options
    Problem is the British tradition of losing semi finals. Hopefully an English rather than Scottish trait! Mind you Scot's are normally gallant losers. So Murray to lose in the final!!
  • Options
    Went today - camped overnight but still couldn't get CC tickets, watched the Williams sisters on court two, amazing. Blew their opponents (who were pretty decent themselves) away. Then to Murray Mound to watch Andy cruise though. Roddick will be a tough game but I really can see Andy in the final come Sunday. Excellent day out and the only thing that ruins it are the extortionate prices for food and drink (I mean, you expect to pay alot, but these are worse than Wembley prices) and the drunk Australians who spent the whole Murray game slagging off Britain, Scotland and Murray, was glad to see Hewitt go out after that.
  • Options
    It was eaiser than I thought it would be.

Very good game between Roddick and Hewitt..hope Murray is ready for the former's serving power.
  • Options
    Decent match going on between Fed and Haas now.