Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Andy Murray thread

Comments

• Options
    Who said I hated him? and I have already said Allegedly, regards the Paraguay shirt.

You've posted a number of times on this thread, which suggests to me that you are more than a little worked up about the subject...
  • Options
    murray about to go though against gulbis 2 sets up and a break up
  • Options
    Wonderful performance, straight sets, hardly out of first gear
  • Options
    Nice easy win for Murray (the morning comments would have fired him up I am sure)

Ofcourse people have the right to support him or not..

Its sadder there is no-one else worth supporting from these shores.
  • Options
    I just don't like the fella. I have no problem with his "England" comments. I fact I respect them whether he was joking or not. Why should a Scotsman or a Welshman suport England? I live closer to France than Scotland but don't support either in any sport.
    Wimbledon as we call it, is actually The All England Championships. He has said a number of times that the US Open means more to him (he won the Jnr) and why not? As a proud Scotsman why should he be so worked up for the ALL ENGLAND? Ok of course it's a Grand Slam and he'd love to win it but he'd rather win the US.
    The pressure from the media is bloody ridiculous on him. He doesn't handle it well. His perfomances at Press Confrences are very poor IMO.
    His mum winds me up big time as does his obscene support form the Plastic Jock; Sean "Wanker" Connery.
    I am supporting Hewitt and Roddick, but I don't mind if Federer wins because he is the best ever.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I should a Scotsman or a Welshman suport England? I live closer to France than Scotland but don't support either in any sport.
    .[/quote]

IF he'd said "I hope England do well" would people have believed him anyway?

I think it just wasn't a very PR thing to say and Murray seems far more interested in concentrating on his game than speaking to the press giving quotes.

Afterall like with the Olympics where we were told how great it is for GB these sportspeople like Murray who play a sport not in a team are actually doing it for their own personal glory and success as part of their "job" rather than for a country as such even if it does bring a feel good factor
  • Options
    If he was representing GB in Davis Cup I'd support him just as I do Monty in Ryder Cup. Individually though I couldn't give a toss about either of them.
    I want Tiger Woods to win every Major, regardless of how any Brits are doing. Come the Ryder Cup, I can't stand Woods.
  • Options
    Impressive performance just now.

Time will tell whether he was very good or the other guy was very bad but he certainly got the job done.
  • Options
    Blew that guy away,
  • Options
    Another very simple win for Murray.

Will get tougher but good for his confidence.

BTW Still no action for the roof then!

People will start calling it a waste of money!

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another good win by Andy.

Got him down to lose on penalties in the semi final.
  • Options
    Here come's the roof!
  • Options
    More people cheering and watching the rain than were in Centre Court when the tennis was being played.

Probably heard of storms coming and don't want to mess up Murray's match.
  • Options
    Is he still batting ?
  • Options
    murray 3-0 down and lost his serve twice
  • Options
    murray loses first set 6-2
  • Options
    He's(Murray) having a weston
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]murray loses first set 6-2[/quote]

Not good at all.

Needs to attack more and well actually get some serves in.
  • Options
    I don't know whether I like him or not. I think not as I hate jocks and I hate tennis too so his chances were not good, the stuck up jockey twot. Anyway I still like him more than "come on Tim" (snort) the middle England palace type tennis bore. Not that I am bitter in any way about not being allowed to play on the grass courts at Belvedere sports club when they decided it was better to invite us all to play a sport rather than destroy the sports club as bored kids. Not at all the stuck up bastas.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]I don't know whether I like him or not. I think not as I hate jocks and I hate tennis too so his chances were not good, the stuck up jockey twot. Anyway I still like him more than "come on Tim" (snort) the middle England palace type tennis bore. Not that I am bitter in any way about not being allowed to play on the grass courts at Belvedere sports club when they decided it was better to invite us all to play a sport rather than destroy the sports club as bored kids. Not at all the stuck up bastas.

That's some of the most ignorant writing I've ever read...

Anyway, Murray's on his way back now - winning from this position would be great, also because it gives him a kick up the bum after cruising through his last match. If he gets past this match it starts to get alot harder. Weird with Wimbledon being inside !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 sets to 1 to murray
  • Options
    Thanks se9, I of course hold your approval and support in the same high levels of esteem that I reserve for the greats of comedy such as dawn french and the greats of politics such as gordon brown, you are indeed something to aspire to in life. TAS problem
  • Options
    Please don't aspire to be me. I am, after all, just a "jockey twot".
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]That's some of the most ignorant writing I've ever read...
    You've not encountered Dowman on here before then?
  • Options
    I dont like the bloke but i dont know him but the tennis he is playing is winning me over i hope he wins this match
  • Options
    murray just got broken..it's been a good battle
  • Options
    O dear can he be fixed ?
  • Options
    not sure, he's getting well smashed up now.
  • Options
    call me a liar...murray 2-0 up in final set.
  • Options
    He's living up to - and exceeding - the hype.