Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Official Andy Murray thread

Comments

• Cant understand why Federer is seeded higher than Murray... Know Wimbledon do their seedings slightly different to the rest of the tennis tournaments and I know that Roger has the great record at Wimbledon but over recent years...

In the ATP rankings he's well above Andy in terms of points, not helped by Andy's injury problems and slow recovery from after Wimbledon 2013 for the next year or so, which cost him a lot of ranking points
  • Draw has been made.

Murray's potential route to the title:

R1: Kukushkin (KAZ)
    R2: Haase (NED) / Falla (COL)
    R3: 25 Seppi (ITA)
    R4: 13 Tsonga (FRA) / 23 Karlovic (CRO)
    QF: 8 Ferrer (SPA) / 10 Nadal (SPA)
    SF: 2 Federer (SUI) / 6 Berdych (CZE)
    F: 1 Djokovic (SER) / 4 Wawrinka (SUI)
  • He didn't deserve that draw.
  • Tough draw
  • He's only got to "beat them all".

If he manages that, it would be a truly great win.
  • Guess its the British way of making life as difficult as possible for one of their own in case they're accused of giving Murray preferable treatment, still think he'll make the Final, rate him as the 2nd best player in the World behind Djokovic at the moment
  • Tsonga and Karlovic are no mugs either although Andy has beaten them both in the past at Wimbledon.
  • LenGlover said:

Tsonga and Karlovic are no mugs either although Andy has beaten them both in the past at Wimbledon.

Tsonga could be brilliant but I find that he struggles with inconsistency... Murray should beat him if they come up against each other but it depends what version of Tsonga were to show up.

Be good to have a Murray v Wawrinka Final... Reckon that would be a good match (Almost like their marathon match a few years ago that finished about 11pm)
  • The way Murray is playing, you'd make him favourite to reach the final. Hopefully Stan will repeat his victory over Novak in the semis, as it's only Novak that psychologically seems to have a grip on Murray at the moment
  • Everyone assuming Nadal and Federer will be in the QFS & SFS to play Murray- but if recent years are anything to go by that's no foregone conclusion.

For what it's worth I think neither will play Murray
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Tsonga and Karlovic are no mugs either although Andy has beaten them both in the past at Wimbledon.

Tsonga could be brilliant but I find that he struggles with inconsistency... Murray should beat him if they come up against each other but it depends what version of Tsonga were to show up.

Be good to have a Murray v Wawrinka Final... Reckon that would be a good match (Almost like their marathon match a few years ago that finished about 11pm)
    Agree - on his day I think Tsonga is such an exciting player.
  • Big_Bob said:

Everyone assuming Nadal and Federer will be in the QFS & SFS to play Murray- but if recent years are anything to go by that's no foregone conclusion.

I dont think Nadal will be anywhere near the Semi-Finals... I also see Federer being an early scalp as well to someone... those two have to move over now, the new rivalry is between Djokovic and Murray (Just a shame its so one sided)
  • edited June 2015

Big_Bob said:

Everyone assuming Nadal and Federer will be in the QFS & SFS to play Murray- but if recent years are anything to go by that's no foregone conclusion.

I dont think Nadal will be anywhere near the Semi-Finals... I also see Federer being an early scalp as well to someone... those two have to move over now, the new rivalry is between Djokovic and Murray (Just a shame its so one sided)
    I wouldn't write off either player yet. Federer could pull off a shock like Sampras did at the US open when he was in his mid 30's, in fact if I saw his odds were over 10/1 I'd be tempted.

When it comes to Nadal it's not as if he hasn't come back from bad form/injuries before and he can afford the most sophisticated 'treatments' out there.
  • Before Novak Lost to Stan in Paris.
    Djokovic was looking unbeatable.
    after beating Nadal, the Paris clay expert, he couldn't believe that Wawrinka a player that he always beats, even if it go's to 5 sets, could play that well and stop him winning the career slam.
    A record ace Server like Karlovic can be dangerous for Andy Murray if his serves starts flying in. Murray has only beaten Nadal once in a slam(USA semi) so would like to see this one with Murray on top of his game.
    I agree Andy against Wawrinka would be a great final.
  • Couldn't see a thread on it, but is anyone going to Wimbledon? Through my tennis club connections I was fortunate yesterday to pick up two tickets for centre court tomorrow, so really looking forward to watching Djokovic in the flesh.

Anxiously waiting to see who else will be put on centre. The schedule is not out until tonight and I am not sure if the women's champion from last year (Kvitova) also starts on centre? Would like to see Federer, but match of the round looks on paper to be Tsonga v Muller who troubled Murray and others at Queens. Andy does not play until Tuesday apparently.

I also have tickets for court 1 the following Monday. Should be good as men and women's last 16 day. Happy days.
  • edited June 2015
    If you get a second men's match, it'll likely be Wawrinka v Sousa or possibly Nishikori v Bolleli / Raonic v Gimeno-Traver.

Murray, Federer and Nadal (and Tsonga) are all due to start on Tuesday as far as I know.
  • Draw has been made.

Murray's potential route to the title:

R1: Kukushkin (KAZ)
    R2: Haase (NED) / Falla (COL)
    R3: 25 Seppi (ITA)
    R4: 13 Tsonga (FRA) / 23 Karlovic (CRO)
    QF: 8 Ferrer (SPA) / 10 Nadal (SPA)
    SF: 2 Federer (SUI) / 6 Berdych (CZE)
    F: 1 Djokovic (SER) / 4 Wawrinka (SUI)

Ferrer has withdrawn with a wrist injury, increasing the likelihood of Murray facing Nadal in the quarter final.

Ferrer was also James Ward's first round opponent, so his chances of going deeper into the tournament have increased.
  • Court 1 tickets for Friday for us.

Got centre court tickets for q final day last year. Saw Murray get knocked out! Not lucky.

At least we shouldn't see him this year as he's always on centre isn't he?
  • He always gets shifted out to Court 1 at least once. Usually, in the first week. In 2011, 2013 & 2014 his matches on Court 1 were in the second round. If there's a bit of rain during the week his second round match might get pushed back to Friday and you'll see Murray. :-)

The one exception was in 2012, where it was his last 16 match against Cilic that was on Court 1.
  • I managed to get a ticket for Court 3 tomorrow, really looking forward to it! They sell a small number of tickets on line at 9am
  • Sponsored links:

• Murray leads 2-1, 1st set.
  • Won the first set 6-4.
  • and 3-0 up:)
  • He should have voted Yes after all
  • Chizz said:

Over the next couple of weeks, will Andy Murray, Charlton follower and British tennis great win Wimbledon?; OR will Andy Murray, dour Scottish scruf fail to win Wimbledon?

He's in Nadal's half, so, assuming the Spaniard's fit, he may struggle to reach the final.

wait, wait, wait.... Andy Murray follows us?

No wa, don't lie to the peopleimage
  • Murray 2 sets up.
  • Couldn't see a thread on it, but is anyone going to Wimbledon? Through my tennis club connections I was fortunate yesterday to pick up two tickets for centre court tomorrow, so really looking forward to watching Djokovic in the flesh.

Anxiously waiting to see who else will be put on centre. The schedule is not out until tonight and I am not sure if the women's champion from last year (Kvitova) also starts on centre? Would like to see Federer, but match of the round looks on paper to be Tsonga v Muller who troubled Murray and others at Queens. Andy does not play until Tuesday apparently.

I also have tickets for court 1 the following Monday. Should be good as men and women's last 16 day. Happy days.

First time in 3 years havent managed to get tix. Enjoy. Its a brilliant atmosphere and worth checking the outer courts - you can catch some classics while the big names thrashing someone in 3 sets on Centre Court can be quite dull.
  • I was there today, a tiny number of tickets for centre and C3 are sold at 9am the previous day on Ticketmaster, and I chose C3 both as I thought I would stand a better chance, but also because you're much closer to the action. Close to Laura Robson and Eugenie Bouchard as it happened too!
  • How much are the tickets on there @killerandflash ?
  • It depends on which court, but my Court 3 ticket for today was £42