Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Andy Murray thread

Comments

• Options

here we go with all the anti Murray bollocks which has no basis to it at all.

Federer is playing unbelievably well and Murray is the only one making slight errors.

I don't like Murray at all, I don't really think anybody needs to have reasoning for not liking him, he's just a tennis player. I think people tend to chose their favorite tennis players based on their style of play or their personalities or both. That's why I like Federer and Novak, don't enjoy watching Murray play and he bores me off the court and his bloody mum does my head in. Can't lie I was shouting bloody loud when Federer won those sets.
  • Options
    Federal was brilliant today, he would have beaten anyone today!
  • Options
    I suppose he is back to being Scottish again now.
  • Options

And very Independent

YES
  • Options
    To be honest really not a fan of either Federer or Novak.

Novak has learnt to use fake injuries and is really poor Sportsmanship whilst I'll never forget Federer's attitude when he's been knocked out by inferior opponents at Wimbledon in recent years... Replace comments of him being a class guy with the fact he's acted like a spoilt brat and your not far off.

This Wimbledon though Novak and Roger each deserve to be in the Final because they've played the best tennis, so hats off to them and may the best man win... Should be a great Final and would be happy to see either win
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    WSS said:

I think Murray has a great personality. Love the way he winds up the easily offended and plays the "boring bloke" persona.

Refreshing to see a sportsman not completely media trained and rolling out the usual crap, makes him more "real" than most in all sports, let alone tennis.

I always liked the Mock the Week special for Sport Relief where they dedicated a mini show to taking the piss out of him and Kim...

Every comment they came out with, you could see him laughing as hard as anyone else - Dont see that from many Sports "Stars"
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Glad Federer won because I prefer him and he's better to watch. The country he comes from is irrelevant, too.

A bit like how I prefer Messi to Rooney.
  • Options

here we go with all the anti Murray bollocks which has no basis to it at all.

Federer is playing unbelievably well and Murray is the only one making slight errors.

I don't like Murray at all, I don't really think anybody needs to have reasoning for not liking him, he's just a tennis player. I think people tend to chose their favorite tennis players based on their style of play or their personalities or both. That's why I like Federer and Novak, don't enjoy watching Murray play and he bores me off the court and his bloody mum does my head in. Can't lie I was shouting bloody loud when Federer won those sets.
    So why justify why you dont like him?
  • Options
    A B M = Anyone But Murray. I will never forget his remark he made .A B E = Anyone But England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A B M = Anyone But Murray. I will never forget his remark he made .A B E = Anyone But England.

You're just trying to wind me up aren't you?
  • Options
    I would rather hug a Nigel than Andy Murray win at tennis.
  • Options

I would rather hug a Nigel than Andy Murray win at tennis.

Have you read why he said it and in what context?
  • Options
    Yes valleygary it's called banter .stop biting have a horlicks and nip off to bed.☺
  • Options

I used to think that, but then I realised he hadn't said anyone but Charlton and I got over myself.
  • Options

Yes valleygary it's called banter .stop biting have a horlicks and nip off to bed.☺

I'm fine fella, that's kind of why I asked if you was on a wind up.
  • Options
    Talal said:

I used to think that, but then I realised he hadn't said anyone but Charlton and I got over myself.
    A B C was used by Pardew when asked what team can he successfully manage.
  • Options

His British brother got through to the final of the doubles.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Talal said:

A B C was used by Pardew when asked what team can he successfully manage.
    Ohhhhhh
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Where does all this Scot if he loses, Brit if he wins come from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Spoilt... Where do you get the impression that he's spoilt?

From inside his own head...some just love to hate someone.
  • Options
    brogib said:

http://andymurrayometer.com/index.htm
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

brogib said:

http://andymurrayometer.com/index.htm
    Ask a silly question.....
  • Options
    Back from 2 sets down to beat Adrian Mannarino 5-7 4-6 6-1 6-3 6-1

Hopefully that's the one and only early wobble out of the way!
  • Options
    Bad draw for Andy at this year's US Open...

Krygios, Mannarino, Bellucci, Anderson, Wawrinka, Federer & Djokovic.
  • Options

Two down, five to go!
  • Options
    A shame Djokovic doesn't have his bogey man Stan on his side of the draw...
  • Options

He's got Monica Bellucci up next? Be hard to concentrate on tour tennis to be fair.
  • Options
    Loses first set on tie break in game against Anderson.
  • Options
    Not a lot Murray is doing wrong but Anderson on the brink of taking the second set. 5-1 to the South African.

He was 2 sets up on Djokovic at round four of Wimbledon this year and Djokovic turned it around to win. Can Murray do the same? Looking like he might have to.