Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Andy Murray thread

Comments

• Options
    Murray takes a break back for 5-2.
  • Options

Not a lot Murray is doing wrong but Anderson on the brink of taking the second set. 5-1 to the South African.

He was 2 sets up on Djokovic at round four of Wimbledon this year and Djokovic turned it around to win. Can Murray do the same? Looking like he might have to.

That was a rain interrupted game wasn't it? Murray could do with a cloudburst to break Anderson's rythmn.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    5-3 now. Pressure on Anderson to serve it out.

Not a lot Murray is doing wrong but Anderson on the brink of taking the second set. 5-1 to the South African.

He was 2 sets up on Djokovic at round four of Wimbledon this year and Djokovic turned it around to win. Can Murray do the same? Looking like he might have to.

That was a rain interrupted game wasn't it? Murray could do with a cloudburst to break Anderson's rythmn.
    I think you're right.
  • Options
    He manages it. 7-6 6-3...
  • Options
    My wife said to me the other day that I remind her of Andy Murray. Is that because I rarely get past a semi these days I quipped. No she replied, it's because you're a c**t.....
  • Options
    Murray is out losing 3 sets to 1
  • Options
    HAHAHAHA

that is all
  • Options
    Andy has struggled in this tournament. Great record to make the QFs each time since 2010.

Hopefully he'll come back better next year. In the meantime he has to win us the Davis Cup!
  • Options

Andy has struggled in this tournament. Great record to make the QFs each time since 2010.

Hopefully he'll come back better next year. In the meantime he has to win us the Davis Cup!

At least he'll have a bit of rest beforehand. We've got to beat the Aussie surely!
  • Options

HAHAHAHA

that is all

Odd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not strictly true.
  • Options
    Might be World No.1 in a few days time. Novak out in Paris and Murray a set up in his game vs Berdych. Win today and in his semi final and he'll topple Novak.

Wouldn't have seen that coming a year ago.

• Options
    What's the betting he loses before the final after all this?

Hope he manages it though, deserves it.
  • Options

Murray five years ago probably, but present day Murray seems a bit steelier than he used to be. He is very good at finding a way to win matches, even when it looks like he won't. He was 5-1 down in the tie breaker in the first set in this match right now, for example, but he's now a set and break up.

I hope I haven't jinxed it, but part of why he's closed the gap on Novak this autumn (allowing for that Novak hasn't necessarily been 100% fit the whole time) is that he is still the hungriest of the top guys on the tour. His time as the top dog (if it comes) will likely be the shortest but he's waited the longest for it too.
  • Options
    It's amazing how Novak has declined...since Lee Novak joined Charlton!
  • Options

If he doesn't do it this month, he'll do it in the Spring, with fewer points from early 2016 to defend.
  • Options

It's amazing how Novak has declined...since Lee Novak joined Charlton!

I guess it shows just how competitive professional sport is. Djokovic has looked in a league of his own at times but his levels have dropped just a little bit and he's back in the herd. I guess he's done pretty much everything there is to do in the game now, he's made his money and he has a family to split his priorities. It's understandable.

Makes Federer's longevity even more impressive.
  • Options
    Murray now only one victory away from the top spot. Impressive!
  • Options
    Not a massive tennis fan, or a big fan of his - but hats off to him, he is playing some unbelievable stuff

Close the betting on SPOTY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not a massive tennis fan, or a big fan of his - but hats off to him, he is playing some unbelievable stuff

World No1 would be an incredible achievement, deserving of SPOTY
  • Options

World No1 would be an incredible achievement, deserving of SPOTY
    Plus Wimbledon and Olympic titles.
  • Options
    Murray has done incredibly well. Since he has got married and become a dad, and it may be unconnected, but since then, he has become much more centred.

Seems better able to prioritise in the cauldron of a match and to take everything in its own moment.

Great skills.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    He's mixed it with the best players in history for over a decade. I can only think of Lennox Lewis (Brit) who challenges him for level or consistency in recent times. Love what he's achieved and think his depractors are idiots.
  • Options
    French open for me was the key factor.

Djokovic completed his career slam by winning it, and since then almost appears to have taken his foot off the pedal in a 'what else is there for me to achieve' manner. And just after the french open, Murray reunited with Lendl which has given him another gear. It'd be interesting to see both of their W-L records since the french open.

Although i think the Olympics was also very important, losing in the first round completely crushed Djokovic and he hasn't been the same since.
  • Options
    Not how he'd want to do it but brilliant Andy. Well deserved.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    He's never won the Paris Masters either so what a way to confirm the title if he can win it.

As well though he's got the ATP Tour Finals in a few weeks and has always done really badly there so no doubt expect the haters to say how he doesnt deserve to be World No. One if he doesnt win there
  • Options
    Bollocks. Got to the pub. Ordered pint got them to put on Sky Sports 3...Fuck all. There goes my afternoons excuse for staying in the pub. Oh well. I'm here now. Now where's that whisky thread?