Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Andy Murray thread

Comments

• Options
    What an athlete. How he did that after playing almost four hours yesterday... Astounding.
  • Options
    Andy is deffo going to start crying here...
  • Options
    Amazing year for Andy!
  • Options

I think the gunshot fireworks going off behind him scared that out of him.
  • Options
    Great player - fantastic achievement.
  • Options

It certainly scared something out of him!
  • Options

It's lucky he's not wearing white shorts
  • Options
    edited November 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love that he still looks really uncomfortable with the photo opportunities.
  • Options
    24 wins in a row to end the year, incredible run.
  • Options
    Good old Andy Murray. :smile:
  • Options

<3 Manlove Overload <3

It's a sign of how far he's come that I believed he'd win before the game, I've never though that when hes been playing Novak before. Then when Novak broke back in the second and then made him wait for the wining point with those deuces at the end, I didn't think "so this is where he snatches defeat from the jaws of victory", instead I just sensed he would stay calm and patient and get the job done.

The perfect sportsman in my opinion. Top of his game, still humble, good family man, remembers where he came from, not tax dodging in Monte Carlo and just focussed on being a top tennis player, not a celebrity.

Feel like I've watched him grow up having seen those first appearances at Wimbledon and all those disappointments in big finals. Massive respect for the way he never gave up, just went away and worked harder, reduced his weaknesses and improved his strengths. Well done Andy, richly deserved imo.</p>

Agreed I still remember him when he went out of Wimbledon that first year against Nalbandian (?)
  • Options
    Bossed it really if u take emotion out of the night.

He has changed so much. Can see incredible things in 2017 for him, if 2016 wasn't great enough!

Brilliance
  • Options
    Delighted for him. Just annoyed I missed it all as Easyjet flight home was delayed.
  • Options
    Yes wonder what people's views are now compared to earlier on in this and previous Murray threads. Greatest British sportsperson ever. I saw again arise Sir Andy
  • Options
    Deserved win for Muzza in what is often branded 'the fifth slam.'

Let's hope he can go one better in Melbourne and Paris next year to get the full set of slams.
  • Options

Yes wonder what people's views are now compared to earlier on in this and previous Murray threads. Greatest British sportsperson ever. I saw again arise Sir Andy

Definitely in the future, not whilst he's still playing though.
  • Options
    Fantastic!
    I didn't dare to believe, but I am so glad he did against Djokovic.
    Number 1 beyond dispute.
    Should give him so much confidence and belief going into next year.
    But what about Novak? He seemed invincible until after the French.
    Be interesting to see how he bounces back next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely fantastic. He put so much pressure on Djok in a way that would have been unimaginable at the start of the year.
    Such dedication to get a fit as he is. Physically and mentally. Pay attention you England footballers
  • Options
    For many a year I thought he was never going to hit the top five, let alone number one. He has proved me (and no doubt quite a few others), hopelessly wrong.
  • Options
    An example to sportsmen everywhere - hardworking and humble guy who has reached the top and doesn't seek out the limelight. Has taken a lot of unfair stick over the years and like many I never thought I'd see the day a British player reaches these heights.
  • Options

An example to sportsmen everywhere - hardworking and humble guy who has reached the top and doesn't seek out the limelight. Has taken a lot of unfair stick over the years and like many I never thought I'd see the day a British player reaches these heights.

A slight understatement. It used to be an amazing achievement and front page news if a British player reached the 2nd week of Wimbledon!
  • Options

For me my Summer has always been the Major Football Tournament / Wimbledon / Tour de France

Always love watching those three yet as a child I NEVER thought we'd have a British sportsman dominating in two of those events
  • Options

A slight understatement. It used to be an amazing achievement and front page news if a British player reached the 2nd week of Wimbledon!
    Second week? BBC News and the papers used to wet themselves if someone reached the second round!
  • Options
    Interesting the list of titles that Murray has won this year:

Italian Open (May) | Queens (June) | Wimbledon (July) | Olympic Gold (Aug) | China Open (Oct)
    Shanghai Masters (Oct) | Vienna Open (Oct) | Paris Masters (Nov) | ATP Tour Finals (Nov)

Makes you wonder what he was doing prior to May!! ;)