Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I hear today could be good news

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom must be playing 36 holes or is walking the longest course in the world!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]A lot of these takeovers go well into the night. They won't just stop at 5.30 - they'll stay until everything is signed.

When our company got taken over - the final signature went down at 4am.

Best stay up B.[/quote] The last two companies we bought one was done at 12.30am and the second at 2am your right, these things drag out, waiting around for people to turn up etc
  • Options
    I'm writing this from next Tuesday as I have access to a friend's handy time machine. I have to report that Monday came and went but there is always the next one and the next one............
  • Options
    I'll put the phone by the bed.

Someone text me with the news.
  • Options
    another false dawn.
  • Options
    Expect some announcement this evening. All the OS staff had their salary cut, but overtime reinstated, and they know how to play the game :-)
  • Options
    All flights into and out of City Airport are suspended between 10 and 11.30 on Monday morning. CAA just issued a NOTAM.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]All flights into and out of City Airport are suspended between 10 and 11.30 on Monday morning. CAA just issued a NOTAM.

Private jet coming in? It's Philip Anschuls (sp) from AEG, must be.
  • Options
    All getting too exciting for me, I'm off to watch Bruno
  • Options
    yes enough for me now too. pub calling.

hopefully when i come back monday morning philip will be ensconced in Se7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Expect some announcement this evening. All the OS staff had their salary cut, but overtime reinstated, and they know how to play the game :-)

They are going to love you when they read that : - )
  • Options
    I had a false Dawn once, turned out her name was Heather.
  • Options
    Baddum-tish! GH

You forgot to say 'I'm here all night'

It sounds like a lot of people might be!
  • Options
    so, Swisdom, wherever you are, was that the good news ? The statement ? Or were you expecting either a) something better or b) something else ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Expect some announcement this evening.

Where do i collect my champers Soundas ? :-)
  • Options
    I call shenanigans, as AFKA had inside knowledge from talking to the Chairman!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

You could have said an announcement saying nothing, so don't get too excited :-)
  • Options
    Here we go again. Sometimes I feel like a member of one of those millennialist cults, trooping up the hill to wait for yet another day of judgement that unaccountably fails to materialise. Let's face it, nothing's going to happen.

Until the next time.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Mmmmmm.....well it's just 'not' quite the winner Bart......what we need is an actual name or two(ok we keep moving the goalposts a little bit I know)....but my offer is as follows.The first one on here to actually name the person/persons/organisation that takeover the club will win a bottle of Moet....donated by myself, collectable in The Con Club at our first home game of the season. Now I can't be more generous than that can I!
    You heard it first here folks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Graham R.[/cite]Here we go again. Sometimes I feel like a member of one of those millennialist cults, trooping up the hill to wait for yet another day of judgement that unaccountably fails to materialise. Let's face it, nothing's going to happen.

Until the next time.

Oops! Hadn't seen that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LOL Graham

I say Phillip Anschulzt (sp) from AEG and claim my shampoo.
  • Options
    You bastard henry, I was going to say that.
  • Options
    Ermmmmm....it's not open to guessing in advance guys and gals and is only valid 'after' the deal is confirmed either at a press conference or on the official site.
  • Options
    In FACT may I be the first to say Philip Anschuzt of AEG?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In FACT may I be the first to say Philip Anschutz of AEG?

Although a good sauce in the city at goldmans thinks he may of heard this if it was true and hadn't heard a thing about it, like the city looks beyond the top 4 of the prem anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Ermmmmm....it's not open to guessing in advance guys and gals and is only valid 'after' the deal is confirmed either at a press conference or on the official site.

So it's the first person on here to name the new owner/s after they've been named LOL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Ermmmmm....it's not open to guessing in advance guys and gals and is only valid 'after' the deal is confirmed either at a press conference or on the official site.

So it's the first person on here to name the new owner/s after they've been named LOL.

Yup.
  • Options
    Richard Murray. Does that count, know it is a while back, but you did move the goalposts. When do I get my prize?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Richard Murray. Does that count, know it is a while back, but you did move the goalposts. When do I get my prize?

You're not going to the first game of the season, so are not allowed to enter ;-)
  • Options
    Only true Charlton fans forgo the first game of the season in protest, FACT