Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

power gone down in dartford

Comments

• Options
    Any of you guys in that are in the know have any idea of how long this going on for? A;ready had to shut down the office server before UPS went
    flat and dont fancy sleeping at work tonight f the alarms cant be activated!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: belvedere[/cite]Any of you guys in that are in the know have any idea of how long this going on for? A;ready had to shut down the office server before UPS went
    flat and dont fancy sleeping at work tonight f the alarms cant be activated!

My contact says that another 7000 are about to be reconnected - but has very little info and cant say how long it will be until it is all done.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Below is an idea of the area affected:

Post codes still off:

Code
    DA14 4
    DA14 5
    DA15 8
    DA15 9
    DA16 1
    DA16 2
    DA16 3
    DA17 5
    DA17 6
    DA18 1
    DA5 1
    DA5 2
    DA5 3
    DA6 6
    DA6 7
    DA6 8
    DA7 4
    DA7 5
    DA7 6
    DA8
    DA8 1
    DA8 2
    DA8 3
    SE18 2
    SE2 0[/quote]At least DA9 is OK, he'd be livid without power.
  • Options
    Just heard from my man at EDF and he says the power could be off for up to 24hrs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Just heard from my man at EDF and he says the power could be off for up to 24hrs
    Yup - my mum just said 8/9 hours best case scenario - 36 hours worst case.

Brilliant.
  • Options
    After all that fuss, and 1905 stating my postcode was out, i dont even think i even had one at all here!! I always sleep my mac instead of turning it off, and it was still asleep when i got in, trains for fine too. yey
  • Options
    Still out in northumberland heath same boat as mcs freezer full of baby fruit and veg we have been cooking over the last few days, might have to go to relatives as need electricty and hot water for the baby, its horrible..
  • Options
    Update on www.edfenergy.com now. Likely Dartford will be out longest as it's the source of the problem. Got my Mum coming over later to charge up the phones as they are on the last bit of power! Luckily they have a gas cooker so have had their dinner and have been supplying the old lady next door with tea all afternoon :-)
  • Options
    hurry up and fix it, can't get rid of my parents......
  • Options
    i work in home insurance, do wat everyone else does those with freezer food affected claim for it lol ( just kidding not worthwhile due to xs and stuff just felt like commenting on this thread lol)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The railway has its own generating system.
  • Options
    thought I'd have a nice, quiet night in with a DVD and few beers, cause the girlfriends phone was low on power this afternoon so no calls/texts tonight... instead, she comes round to eat my food, use my hot water and waste my power on hair straighterners?!?!? Brilliant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]The railway has its own generating system.

"The Bob Crowe generator"
    place in front a TV camera it goes power crazy ;)
  • Options
    My sis is a bank branch manager in Dartford area, she has been told 48hrs (worst case) and her banks alarms systems only have 14 hr back up ! she is waiting for a call in the early hrs to drive in with security officers on the doors. Also she saw the local sainsburys transfering their freezer goods to freezer lories-----------both of which sounds like its off for a while.
  • Options
    It is a huge outage, this won't be solved for a while. There is not enough engineers or techs to put something this size back on in a hurry
  • Options
    just came home to Bexley at 10.08 trains affected by this! why......
    no trains to crayford or trains to Bexleyheath ......
  • Options
    Probably more due to lighting at the stations and passenger safety perhaps? All good in Se12 but crayford one way system was funny! The lights went off whilst I was on it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Probably more due to lighting at the stations and passenger safety perhaps?
    Spot on!
  • Options
    Northheath back on five minutes ago, nice to have a cup of coffee and a surf
  • Options
    Joydens Wood back on 11.15 pm. Been off ten and a half hours. Spent most of the afternoon trying to track down a generator. Most hire shops sold out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On train to work cold shower same shirt
    power off for another 18 hours just over road
    from incident. Good night cards in the garden few beers

tonight cook all the frezer stuff and pig out
    good fun. Need more beers for tonight
  • Options
    You guys will live in çhavvy areas, what do you expect?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    And 1905's source was probably his pikey friends who nicked the cable in the first place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Probably more due to lighting at the stations and passenger safety perhaps? All good in Se12 but crayford one way system was funny! The lights went off whilst I was on it!

To be honest Suzi you shouldn't have been on it whilst driving anyway!
  • Options
    How did we cope in the 70's? Used to love playing with the candles as a kid, board games in the dark, magic!
  • Options
    o yes the three day week loved hot milk on the fire toasting fork...bring it back......then again not much fun if you got an fish tank or reptile tank......KBS you could always switch the power of at the mains and dig out the monopoly....
  • Options
    We here in Bromley/Chislehurst/Bickley have had no problems at all.....then of course one would expect that.
  • Options
    You still have windmills and watermills Bickley way dont you mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]You guys will live in çhavvy areas, what do you expect?
    Here, here. No problems in lower Blackheath.
  • Options
    Falconwood, naturally, hasn't been effected.

Unlike those nasty Chavvy places like Welling, Bexleyheath etc.