Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

power gone down in dartford

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Quite frankly, I find it hard to believe that some of you who 'claim' to have lost power had any in the first place....I think a number of you are joshing.
    Wont stop you making a claim or two though will it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Still out in northumberland heath, just thrown all the food out as going whiffy where do we claim? Heading off to inlaws soon as need showers and to steralise the babys bottles, serioulsy can't get mylife at the mo.. shite then really good ala cricket at lords followed by a swift kick in the knackers to say ha ha get back down.... the tide has to turn soon.

I'm in Northheath, came back at 11pm last night. Did you and then lost it again or have you been out all the time ??
  • Options
    Bexleyheath now off again until 6pm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]an update from EDF about power rotas

what the hell are those postcodes quoted. I am DA8 and my Mum DA5 and both without power.
  • Options
    It's badly written, if you're DA8 2xx, then it appears there as DA82.
    And if you're DA16 1xx, then it appears there as DA161.

And there's some stuff there in the middle of that list which looks like someone started hitting their head on the keyboard's number pad.

Where are the local paper hacks on here when people really need them, eh?
  • Options
    thanks for explaining that because i was just about to ask what those postcodes mean.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if DA1 2** is up yet - Shepherds Lane area, by the Grammar schools
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Still out in northumberland heath, just thrown all the food out as going whiffy where do we claim? Heading off to inlaws soon as need showers and to steralise the babys bottles, serioulsy can't get mylife at the mo.. shite then really good ala cricket at lords followed by a swift kick in the knackers to say ha ha get back down.... the tide has to turn soon.

I'm in Northheath, came back at 11pm last night. Did you and then lost it again or have you been out all the time ??

I'm Northheath, I had the same. It came on at 11 last night and was still on this morning when I left for work.

Am I right in saying the Northheath is off again?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]

I'm Northheath, I had the same. It came on at 11 last night and was still on this morning when I left for work.

Am I right in saying the Northheath is off again?

yep went off about 9 this morning i think
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Does anyone know if DA1 2** is up yet - Shepherds Lane area, by the Grammar schools

just spoken to EDF and I'm off even though I'm not on the list. My Mum, Joydens Wood, DA5 2** is also off, due back for three hours then off for six. Pain in the arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    da1 2xx one of the worst mate could be on by winter
  • Options
    Ours came on over night apparently, well helpful.. went off again about 9ish have packed up and gone to my folks as hers at danson park is off too, couldn't understand the list of post codes but think were in the second band so power later hopefully. Its not nice really and not fun as someone suggested earlier its a pain in the ass and cost us about 250 notes in wasted food and drinks. Just what a bloke without a job and a young baby and partner needs.
  • Options
    This chap here is posting updates on Twitter (mock ye not, it's one of those times when it comes in handy) from a darkened office in Bexleyheath.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Ours came on over night apparently, well helpful.. went off again about 9ish have packed up and gone to my folks as hers at danson park is off too, couldn't understand the list of post codes but think were in the second band so power later hopefully. Its not nice really and not fun as someone suggested earlier its a pain in the ass and cost us about 250 notes in wasted food and drinks. Just what a bloke without a job and a young baby and partner needs.

food in the freezer should be okay for at least twelve hours. Ours was off at 1pm yesterday but late last night was still frozen solid, except Magnum's and bread. Don't know how it affects food if off for six hours, then on , then off etc but most of it wouldn't have even began defrosting.
  • Options
    Screw you EDF!!

We’re sorry but customers in Dartford will be off until permanent repairs are made.
  • Options
    phoned more than got 170 pounds worth of sainsburys vouchers coming in the post no excess to pay still off in north heath
  • Options
    Ahh - the nectar connection
  • Options
    Probably more due to lighting at the stations and passenger safety perhaps? All good in Se12 but crayford one way system was funny! The lights went off whilst I was on it....... suzi....

Probably, but when have the railways been concerned with passenger safety! Bexley is unmanned from 9pm,( sometimes earlier) and the lighting is crap at the best of times.... a rapist paradise!...... hardly a station that is not used of a night time with all the pubs and eating places!

We do make a 'crisis out of a drama' in this country.....the trains were not stopping for health and safety reasons, how you safely walked home in the dark I have no idea from some station miles from nowhere.....

Feel sorry for all you guys without power, ain't much fun when you got young kids.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Feel sorry for all you guys without power, ain't much fun when you got young kids.......

or tropical fish !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Feel sorry for all you guys without power, ain't much fun when you got young kids.......

or tropical fish !!

what? They'll be fine! Lucky it's summer and the outside temp is reasonably high...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

or tropical fish !!

what? They'll be fine! Lucky it's summer and the outside temp is reasonably high...

if it does get too cold just line the bottom of the tank with tin foil and stick them on the hob on a low heat. They should be fine and you can boil your spuds at the same time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]

or tropical fish !!

if it does get too cold just line the bottom of the tank with tin foil and stick them on the hob on a low heat. They should be fine and you can boil your spuds at the same time.

I'll give you a shout if I ever need to do that mate - would love to see you move my 190 litre tank! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]

or tropical fish !!

I'll give you a shout if I ever need to do that mate - would love to see you move my 190 litre tank! ;-)

in that case it is probably easier to move the cooker but the principle still applies - a gas barbecue will also suffice in a pinch.
  • Options
    Is it time for some VIZ top tips?
  • Options
    back on in Northheath but for three hours only, then off for six and then hopefully back on permanently.
  • Options
    latest update:

We’re sorry some customers in the Dartford, Broadway, Crayford and Erith areas are still off supply.

The work is difficult and time consuming and the safety of our staff and customers is of course our priority. Because of the complexity of the repairs, it is hard to be completely accurate but we hope power will be restored to everyone during the course of tomorrow (Wednesday) evening.

We have already restored power to about 31,000 customers by various means but unfortunately customers in Dartford will be off supply until permanent repairs are made. Our engineers are though looking at the possibility of installing additional generators in some areas to supplement those already in place.

The rota connections will continue until the repairs are complete.

Crayford will go on again at 15.00 today. A pattern of 3 hours on then 6 hours off will continue until we make permanent repairs.

The following postcodes, all starting with DA, will be on between 1800-2100 and again this pattern of 3 hours on then 6 hours off will continue until we complete repairs. The postcodes are:

DA 161/163/162/68/74/53/51/68/75/76/175/176/81.

The following postcodes, all starting with DA, will be on between 21.00 - 00.00 and again will follow a pattern of 3 hours on then 6 hours off, until we complete repairs.

The postcodes are: DA 163/161/75/67/74/162/68/74 also SE20 and SE18 2.

These times will be staggered slightly as not everybody can come on at once. We realise some postcodes do overlap.

The British Red Cross (BRC) are on site again today to help our vulnerable customers.

We are talking to our regulator Ofgem about our guaranteed standards and more information will be available on this either later today or tomorrow.

As always any losses have to go through your own insurance.

Thank you for your patience we do realise how difficult it is to be without power for such a long time. We are of course doing everything possible to restore supply as soon as possible and will continue to work around the clock to complete permanent repairs
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    How long before dartford town centre resembles a scene from 28 days later?...

and how long before anybody notices
  • Options
    a) my postcode isn't there despite it now being off again

b) where the feck are these DA 163 etc ? Why can't they say DA16 3**. Idiots.

c) where is Broadway? Do they mean Bexleyheath ? If so then so say. The only Broadway I know is in Gloucestershire (and NY).
  • Options
    just gone off again at the top of the heath by somerfields,im hlfway down still got some juice man
  • Options
    b) where the feck are these DA 163 etc ? Why can't they say DA16 3**. Idiots.

Equally, you don't need to be brain of britain to work out what they mean.

Bearing in mind what you normally get out of South Eastern Railways, i think they've done a good job keeping people informed