Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

power gone down in dartford

Comments

• Options
    Where is lower blackheath? Kidbrooke?
  • Options
    You only get £50 compo from EDF apparently and that is only when leccy has been down for 18 hours continuosly. Apprarently they are going to turn it on for a f"ew hours this afternoon". What use is that?!

Does anyone know if you can claim for lost food in your freezer under normal home insurance policies? I have about 100 quids worth of meat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Where is lower blackheath? Kidbrooke?

charlton suzi.
  • Options
    just gone again in north heath
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite] I have about 100 quids worth of meat.

That's not what I've heard!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]How did we cope in the 70's? Used to love playing with the candles as a kid, board games in the dark, magic!
    Sorry?

I was led to believe that it's not worth claiming for freezer stuff as, for most people, you won't exceed your excess (if you get my drift)!
  • Options
    I want it back on soon, as like AFKA, I gonna be invaded by family again tonight! My sister is moaning that she can't iron her clothes and has had to go to work wrinkled, plus the laptop battery is nearly dead, and she's boooooorrrrrrreeeeeddd!!! Hopefully it'll be back by tomorrow or I'm moving over to their house in the dark for some peace and quiet :-)
  • Options
    Invicta radio announced on the news this moring that the power might not be restored until Wednesday morning, this means we will have been down (Pantiles area, Bexleyheath) for approx 40 hours, I am just about to phone the Abbey to report the losses in our freezer.
  • Options
    There are giving 3 hours of electricity to specific postcodes over the next day.

But not to mine (DA1). They "hope" to have it back up tomorrow.
  • Options
    Mine came back on at 9.00 this morning - then spent the next 20 minutes trying to reset the burglar alarm - as it was playing merrily to itself - DA7 postcode.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine being on holiday and getting back to a manky fridge/freezer!

I currently wish I had no power as jodie marsh and neil ruddock are on jeremy kyle! Argh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Falconwood, naturally, hasn't been effected.

Unlike those nasty Chavvy places like Welling, Bexleyheath etc.

Not quite sure if we count as Falconwood or 'South Welling' but we were fine, as were some peeps we know in 'North Welling'
  • Options
    hows miss Marsh looking today
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Imagine being on holiday and getting back to a manky fridge/freezer!

Imagine coming back next week and never realising your freezer was off... until you've got food poisoning from eating refrozen food!
  • Options
    The other issue is items in your home being damaged. Last time we had a power cut, it damaged the circuit board for the boiler....
  • Options
    DA1 doomed be a lot of cooking on the bbq tonight bbq liver yum
  • Options
    Dartfordgent - rough. She's trying to say she gets bullied by the media but justifying going out in outfits that she does and how she makes money from it. She's got an inch of foundation on her face. Ridiculous. Anyone else want an update on daytime telly?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Dartfordgent - rough. She's trying to say she gets bullied by the media but justifying going out in outfits that she does and how she makes money from it. She's got an inch of foundation on her face. Ridiculous. Anyone else want an update on daytime telly?

How was Heir Hunters?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Dartfordgent - rough. She's trying to say she gets bullied by the media but justifying going out in outfits that she does and how she makes money from it. She's got an inch of foundation on her face. Ridiculous. Anyone else want an update on daytime telly?

You'll be better off going out of the house and drinking cheap cider/Super T/white spirit all day in the park than watching all that crap!

Jeremy Kyle rots your brain.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

How was Heir Hunters?

I don't think she'd have shown that on daytime tv!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    something about here just cant put my finger on it.,use to see her in Brentwood when lived there............she same in real life........sort of appealing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]We here in Bromley/Chislehurst/Bickley have had no problems at all.....then of course one would expect that.
    Service as usual in Petts Wood/Orpington/St. Mary's Cray/St. Paul's Cray as well.

Of cause, this is to be expected.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The residents of St Pauls Cray and St Mary's have most probably nicked enough stuff to build their own generator...........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]We here in Bromley/Chislehurst/Bickley have had no problems at all.....then of course one would expect that.
    Service as usual in Petts Wood/Orpington/St. Mary's Cray/St. Paul's Cray as well.

Of cause, this is to be expected.

The residents of St Pauls Cray and St Mary's have most probably nicked enough stuff to build their own generator...........
    Indeed, god bless them!
  • Options
    Earthy salts tinkers ........... bless their wooden pegs
  • Options
    one thing's for sure, i'm staying away from all pub meat raffles this weekend !
  • Options
    Walked the dog down avenue road and the only place open was Mings and the Chinese takeaway - in Mings people were trying to eat under candle light, and the chef had car headlights shining into the kitchen to enable him to cook. I imagine the wine was a bit tepid! The Chinese wouldn't know how to write a "Closed due to unforseen circumstances" sign................
  • Options
    Still out in northumberland heath, just thrown all the food out as going whiffy where do we claim? Heading off to inlaws soon as need showers and to steralise the babys bottles, serioulsy can't get mylife at the mo.. shite then really good ala cricket at lords followed by a swift kick in the knackers to say ha ha get back down.... the tide has to turn soon.
  • Options
    neigbhour rang up edf could be off to friday !! i hope she wrong few shops in crayford had night visit to help remove stock......may be bit stinky at Barnet !!