Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

power gone down in dartford

Comments

• Options
    Can't quote from another page but the tropical fish thing must be a nightmare.

Heating isn't a problem, the death of the bacteria in your filter will be. Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate will sky rocket and said fishes will all be dead pretty quickly.

I have a 240l with about £500.00 worth of fish in it - I'd be gutted if I were in any of your shoes.
  • Options
    So how many people from EDF trying to sort this out.........

The police are going to "increase patrols''... bit late now guys, try the local metal buyers.... oops! did you not know about that......

Bexley council have got an emergency number for anyone needing help 0208 303 7777 I would imagine they will be busy.
  • Options
    Back on until 21.00 hours da7 5** - all sorts of alarm problems
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Can't quote from another page but the tropical fish thing must be a nightmare.

Heating isn't a problem, the death of the bacteria in your filter will be. Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate will sky rocket and said fishes will all be dead pretty quickly.

I have a 240l with about £500.00 worth of fish in it - I'd be gutted if I were in any of your shoes.

frequent water changes would help prevent that problem. Far from ideal I admit but you do what you have to do
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Can't quote from another page but the tropical fish thing must be a nightmare.

120L but nowhere near that amount of stock. All seems okay at the moment but time will tell.
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

frequent water changes would help prevent that problem. Far from ideal I admit but you do what you have to do

I'll do a water change at the weekend and hope all willl be okay.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    b) where the feck are these DA 163 etc ? Why can't they say DA16 3**. Idiots.

Equally, you don't need to be brain of britain to work out what they mean.

Bearing in mind what you normally get out of South Eastern Railways, i think they've done a good job keeping people informed

I'm obviously not Brain of Britain then !!!!
  • Options
    sounds a bit of mare guys.......
  • Options
    Still off again here, came on over night so managed to get some juice in me mobile etc.. don't fancey another night of board games and talking to the missus...
  • Options
    Still a shambles then.......

Needs to be a public enquiry about this, at least at local local, according to the local bbc news 'clear sign of a forced entry'. nothing to do with underground fires as first rumoured.

Surely there has to be a consideration here for security, if a bunch of 'herberts' can break in and do this, where was the cctv we keep on hearing about!...

Get on to your council to answer some of these questions if you are affected, imagine if this was mid winter!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Still off again here, came on over night so managed to get some juice in me mobile etc.. don't fancey another night of board games and talking to the missus...

At least you didn't miss any (super) Kent cricket Ad !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

I'm obviously not Brain of Britain then !!!!

Can we have that in writing, Large .......?

lol, we already have!

;o)
  • Options
    I did mog, what was the score.. did we win saw glamorgan in the 20 20 on sky last month they looked poor so hopefully we won.. missus just spoke to edf, still no idea when will be back to normal as were really close to the problem, he logged us down as 'critical' as we have the baby and we will be updated by them when they have news, sounded to me as if there is still a lot to do down there, she asked them to make the website clearer too which he said there working on now.
  • Options
    Belvedere seems to be up and running again? We were told that it would be on between 3am-6am but, touch wood, it still appears to be okay....................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]I did mog, what was the score.. did we win saw glamorgan in the 20 20 on sky last month they looked poor so hopefully we won.. missus just spoke to edf, still no idea when will be back to normal as were really close to the problem, he logged us down as 'critical' as we have the baby and we will be updated by them when they have news, sounded to me as if there is still a lot to do down there, she asked them to make the website clearer too which he said there working on now.

Match abandoned without a ball being bowled...I think we're still top though.
  • Options
    I was fuming last night.

I walked in the door at 6pm, power still on...switch the TV on to catch the news headlines and before the headlines had even finished, the power was switched off. It came on just after 1am, and went off shortly after 5am. Now fair enough, if there has to be a rota system for the electric as I've read on the EDF website of 3 hours on, 6 hours off, who at EDF decides what areas get peak time electricity? They need to be shot.
  • Options
    Saw my local 'Rose and Crown' in Welling on the BBC London News last night, I live about 5 mins walk and apart from about half an hour on Monday have had power all the time, strange.
  • Options
    Well hopefully Dartford will be switched back on tonight. My electricity bill will be going through the roof - had family round again last night, having showers, ironing clothes and charging laptops. I'm not answering the phone tonight!!
  • Options
    Dartford DA1 was on this morning dunno how long for but first power since it went off mad panic to do things but had desperate dan size liver and bacon and mask last night as the freezer had defrosted........good old camping gear....

hope thats it power back but prob still rationed....
  • Options
    Anyone know if Northheath is back on yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our rota seems to have gone out the window - yesterday off at 21.00 hours back on at 03.00 hours this morning - should have gone off at 06.00 hours went off at 09.00 hours so should come back on at 15.00 hours actually came back on at 12.00 hours - so now completely lost as to what is happening. DA7 5** postcode.
  • Options
    I'm DA7 5 as well mate and I'm not sure what happened this morning but as you say it stayed on till 9. Came back on again at 12 so will be going off again at 3 then back on at 9 tonight!
  • Options
    DA7 4** rota has also gone up the swanny. We are also now on the 3 off, nine on shift. Bored with it now!!
  • Options
    im supposed to be going to the Robin Hood tonight... ? sort it out.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]im supposed to be going to the Robin Hood tonight... ? sort it out.

I think the Robin Hood has been open as usual - it was open monday when all the other pubs were closed.
  • Options
    yes but serving warm beer...

i suppose can always drink red wine.

is bexley village still affected?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]is bexley village still affected?
    I don't think it ever was from a couple of my mates who live on the high street.

It's my hostel for tonight by all accounts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes but serving warm beer...

as WSS said Bexley Village hasn't been affected at all
  • Options
    Its mental.

My Mum and Dad in DA1 1Xx (same as me) but a few roads away have had power since 5 last night and it hasn't gone off.

The only thing I can think of is that a generator has gone up somewhere and they are feeding off of that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes but serving warm beer...

Stay away from Bexley