Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

power gone down in dartford

123457»

Comments

• Options
    DA1 postcode, Dartford near Shepherds Lane.....NOTHING at all from 12.40pm Monday ( oven clock not moved since then ) until 5am this morning......Complete nightmare . 89 year old Mum also in Dartford said the war years were good compared to the past few days. We were all unprepared, of course with no information to boot if, like me, your mobile phone is kaput and landline phone down. Expected "someone" with a loud hailer touring the local streets with updates...right ! Promised our first 3 hours last night between 9pm-midnight , to no avail. Threw a hissy fit at 10pm and stormed off to bed with my candle.

Seriously, I wouldn't wish a period of 66 hours without power on anyone...OK , maybe Palarse fans.

Expect a boom in births in around 9 months time.

As for OFFTWAT, or whatever they're called, they can expect a polite letter from me once I've caught up on CL ! What , no Takeover whilst I've been incommunicado ????
  • Options
    Hi Jean - hope my parents burglar alarm didnt wake you up last night, as they said it went off twice during night as power came on and then off again.
    My sisters fella managed to get them a generator last night so they at least managed to get some lights and tv going.
  • Options
    Jean, did wonder if you were caught up in it all. Hope all the family are ok!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fried Pikey ???????????????? never catch on has a metalic taste, copperish.

salt of the earth though -------------------well as long as its not next door.
  • Options
    Thanks, Dave & John.

Blimey, if I'd have known there was some life down the road last night , I'd have been there like a shot !! We're OK now but it was pretty grim.

A neighbour just told me that someone apparently saw 5 peeps go into the sub station , and only 2 come out !! Residents in the area have repeatedly reported that the site is very poorly secured and that local kids camp out in there from time to time....Maybe there'll be chance of more than the £50 compo per household affected once this is made public.

Watch this space .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]What , no Takeover whilst I've been incommunicado ????

The last few days would have been a great time for the club to bury bad news...
  • Options
    EDF Energy Networks would like to apologise to the customers who suffered inconvenience during this week’s power interruptions following criminal damage to electricity cables.

Power supplies in the Dartford area interrupted as a direct result of the incident on Monday July 20 have now been restored.

Any customers who may be experiencing problems should contact us, as it is likely they are off supply for other reasons. For example, it could be a separate power interruption affecting a small number of customers. We would ask that customers should check their property’s own trip switch before getting in touch with us. The number to call is on 0800 028 0247.

Short interruptions of about 20 minutes will happen over the next few days as some customers are switched back from generators to the main network and as we return the system to normal operation.

The extensive damage to the cable bridge at Dartford Creek was caused by unauthorised people cutting through large locks on metal doors with heavy duty tools and interfering with the high voltage cables. Police are investigating.

This was a major incident, which involved large numbers of EDF Energy Networks staff and contractors working round the clock to restore supplies.

Whilst this incident was caused by malicious action and was not due to a failure of our network, it is our intention to offer a goodwill payment to those customers who have been worst affected, and we will be writing to our customers to set out the details in the next seven to 10 days. We are working on the details of this and discussing it with our Regulator.
  • Options
    What about us who arnt with edf but were without power?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2009
    EDF are the suppliers for the whole region, they control the supply regardless of whether you are with BG, EDF etc.
  • Options
    Anyone had goodwill gesture yet ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone down my road got theirs last week.

I only sent my letter off a couple of weeks ago, so not yet.
  • Options
    We got a cheque for 50 quid couple of weeks ago from edf, think got it early as the missus rang and put us down as critical users as we have the baby, you have to write to them they will not send out cheques unless u contact them.
  • Options
    blimey got mine least a month ago did sent three letters but only one cheque but least paid for few beers must say was impressed with them on that front
  • Options
    but am DA1 so they did bugger us up for a good few days so they may do the obvious ones first
  • Options
    Just sent mine off to claim £50 - despite the fact that I was living in Northfleet at the time and didn't suffer any loss of power. They sent the letter to my new flat, addressed to "The occupier", saying I could claim - so I did!
  • Options
    Not too sure about this "Compenstion Culture", but I was told I should claim "up to a Grand" for the agg that LloydsTSB put me/are putting me through.
    Don't "we" own the Banks Now ?