Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Therry Racon to Saints?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: deanovski[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]didn'tl les reed sign Racon? can't see Racon playing under Pardew again - he never picked him. Plus we're goin up this year and Saint's aint. Is Pardew further punishment instead of another 10 point deduction?

bit soon mate..

Just wait...Pardew Out Pardew Out!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: deanovski[/cite]Yesterday there was a online chat with a Times reporter i believe and he said he was suprised we signed lambert for so much cos we have some big signings coming this week,must be him..[/quote] What was that the Radio TImes or Angling Times............
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No Racon was definitely a Parky/Pardew signing. ZZ was Les Reed.

deanovski the mo of your suggestion seems a bit of a wind up. But even if it's not I'm sorry for some of the pathetic reactions from Charlton supporters. When I was a lad most of my mates and many Charlton fans I knew had a real good knowledege of football and love of the game. It seems on Charlton Life there are too many people just too quick to puerile slating, yet most like me have a poor knowledge of League One. Come on people if you don't like what someone says use a bit of William Pitt.

Anyways Racon was one of five midfielders rested. So take your pick! I for one couldn't abide losing Christensen and Mcleod for 1.5 mill, if that's true it's a blow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]No Racon was definitely a Parky/Pardew signing. ZZ was Les Reed.

deanovski the mo of your suggestion seems a bit of a wind up. But even if it's not I'm sorry for some of the pathetic reactions from Charlton supporters. When I was a lad most of my mates and many Charlton fans I knew had a real good knowledege of football and love of the game. It seems on Charlton Life there are too many people just too quick to puerile slating, yet most like me have a poor knowledge of League One. Come on people if you don't like what someone says use a bit of a William Pitt.

Anyways Racon was one of five midfielders rested. So take your pick! I for one couldn't abide losing Christensen and Mcleod for 1.5 mill, if that's true it's a blow.

William Pitt.......................................................s**t?
  • Options
    Seriously isn't a wind up , pure speculation and interest .
  • Options
    Could be worse Dean, should try talking to League One uber club Bristol Rovers.
    I'm not gonna pretend I have a clue who Martin Christensen, but if he's a right winger he'll do for me, desperately need one.
  • Options
    what would the price tag be on racon 3m?
  • Options
    Atleast 6m imo.

As for Racon though.... :-)
  • Options
    ...Yeah but joking aside, how much? 500k?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: deanovski[/cite]what would the price tag be on racon 3m?
    We'd accept if you offered that.
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]...Yeah but joking aside, how much? 500k?
    £1-1.5m I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    apparently you want 8m for shelvey...but ive heard you not in great financial position =/
  • Options
    Anyone know when his contract runs out? Why would you get so much if you haven't been playing him? It is this guy yeah?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Christensen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]...Yeah but joking aside, how much? 500k?

£500k would be derisory for Racon. £2m perhaps more. Any less and we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot bigtime.
  • Options
    You have a billionaire owner i am told, and we have the best chief executive in football in ex-agent Steve Waggott, so you're looking at 10million to Southampton with add ons if you escape relegation (say another 5mil), and before you laugh Steve told me himself in an e-mail it's a done deal on those numbers..FACT.
  • Options
    There could be something in this, i've heard we're getting a young mid off them and a fair bit of cash for Racon.
  • Options
    10 million for shelvey?
  • Options
    PMSL
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]...Yeah but joking aside, how much? 500k?[/quote]

£500k would be derisory for Racon. £2m perhaps more. Any less and we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot bigtime.[/quote]

No sorry, I meant Christenson, can't see Racon happening.
  • Options
    By the way you have a top manager there in Alan Pardew, spends your money like it's his own, I mean he would never order a new 50k Mercedes for himself and tell the dealer to charge it to the club.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: deanovski[/cite]apparently you want 8m for shelvey...but ive heard you not in great financial position =/[/quote] Are you on something or just naturally dim..............less than a month you was days away from going out of business, now all of sudden you seem to think you are the new Man City, as i know and have dealt with the company that owns you, they are not going to chuck millions around, i think you need back to playing fantasy football on your computer and when on here live in the real world
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2009
    we just spent a million on lambert a million more than youll spend read what i said you muppet i said i was purely interested i never said we were gonna buy him ffs
  • Options
    We're not owned by a company.
  • Options
    a billionaire owner infact,arent you going into admin?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: deanovski[/cite]a billionaire owner infact,arent you going into admin?

No
  • Options
    There's a few misconceptions on this thread:

1. Pardew had involved Racon when he could in the second Championship season and was particularly disappointed by the injury he picked up (I think) at Watford. Why he loaned/rarely used him in the first season is another Pardmystery, but I think it's safe to say that by the point he got the tintac, he knew what a good player he had on his hand.
    2. Christianssen is a good player, would easily do well in the CCC, never mind our current league. It is not really his fault that we agreed to pay him a stupid amount and structured a deal that made it un-economical to play him.
    3. Lambert looks a good player.
    4. To the Saints fan OP: sorry a few have been a bit abrupt. However I'd suggest that the ability to pay a 14k a week salary to someone prepared to play in League One, is not something to boast about. It was this kind of shit that got you here on minus points.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: deanovski[/cite]a billionaire owner infact,arent you going into admin?
    A few simple minded people seem to think so, but I've explained a few times why - with the current financial structure - this is unlikely to happen (and most that think it might don't really understand what "admin" is tbh). Can't really be bothered to go through it again, but the short answer is that we will pay our massive debts or they will be written off. Admin won't happen, unless our directors take (entire) leave of their senses because it will cost them more than selling at a loss.
  • Options
    Here Dean,i just heard Pardew is buying another Quality Striker, Alan Butler from Burton Albion, so you will have a front pairing of Lambert and Butler,(ain't that the name of a fag packet ?)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    4. To the Saints fan OP: sorry a few have been a bit abrupt. However I'd suggest that the ability to pay a 14k a week salary to someone prepared to play in League One, is not something to boast about. It was this kind of shit that got you here on minus points.

Whammy.
  • Options
    im not boasting just stating but he has alot of cash..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]There could be something in this, i've heard we're getting a young mid off them and a fair bit of cash for Racon.

I've ignored most of the arguments on this thread but this comment worries me as you usually know what you're talking about.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!