Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please buy your poppies......

Comments

• Options

I will probably start wearing mine next Monday. I have the pin badge which is infinitely easier to attach than the paper ones.

LWF.

• Options

I will probably start wearing mine next Monday. I have the pin badge which is infinitely easier to attach than the paper ones.

LWF.

Not suggesting you're a tight wad or anything but the RBL produce new pin badges every year with the date.

Have my 2011 pin badge on my coat already.
  • Options
    They do have a vast range of different badges, pins, earrings, mugs and bracelets for sale this year in the RBL Greenhithe, seems they are upping their game on merchandise. My usual metal pin will be on, but I will also be buying a poppy and replacing it when lost etc.
  • Options
    Just chained ours to the desk yesterday , some low life nicked one last year .
  • Options
    @PoppyLegionPoppy LegionPls RT: Official launch of the #poppyappeal today! Let's get #poppyappeal trending! Wear your poppy with pride!
  • Options
    Morning All:
    Sorry, but the Yearly question once again:

When should people start wearing their Poppies ?
    I've always thought November 1st.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I always thought as soon as you see them on sale and can buy one.
  • Options
    Always buy one, but don't like it too early.  I think November 1st is a good time to start, other wise you look like one of those "look at me" politicians.
  • Options

Poppy Support
    @PoppySupportPoppy Support
    New ways to #PoppySupport - Text the word POPPY to 70090 T & C >http://t.co/K6d2LrQ2 and plz RT. Thanks!
  • Options
    This year the metal pin badge says 2011, stop the tite buggers wearing last years.  Cost £2 but make sure you give over folding money.  
  • Options
    As an ex squaddie, I always wear mine with pride. Lost a really close friend in the first Gulf war and always remember him, especially this time of year.
    Like many people, I'll probably get through about 5 of these every year. I'll have to look out for a metal badge this time. Last year, I had a poppy pinned to my shirt that got wet and left a lovely red/pink stain.

As I always pay a couple of quid for a poppy, I won't mind giving a tenner for a badge
  • Options
    Cost me twenty yesterday.

Wanted this years pin badge. The have added the date to them this year so tight arses cant get away with wearing the same pin for consecutive years.

I wanted the pin badge so went to the stall in Gatport Airwick, picked a badge and asked how much. They said how ever much you wish to donate. So I said a tenner. Gave them a twenty and waited for some change. Stood there waiting, then the little old girl says "Sorry, we dont do change, only donations, thanks dear"

Bugger
  • Options
    How can i sell them at work?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They had the 2010 on the badges last year so not a new thing.

Tango, I have a spare 2011 badge if you're still looking but anyone can buy from RBL direct.  £3.05 each

http://www.poppyshop.org.uk/poppy-products/dated-poppy-pin-2011.html
  • Options
    How can i sell them at work?
    Contact you local RBL branch and ask for some trays and collecting boxes.

I only know the Thamesmead and Abbey Wood branch but should be another more local
  • Options
    Cheers Henry.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

The Millwall bloke at Cannon St is selling special Millwall ones with a Lion on the poppy appraently.

What's that all about ? Fair play to his efforts, but really not sure i'm keen on football allegencies starting to get wrapped up in this sort of stuff.

• Options
    I just went on there Henry to order a couple of badges - as I work from home I rarely see anyone selling them.

Sadly they said that I should expect delivery to take up to 14 days, which is a little bit late bearing in mind Remembrance Sunday is twelve days away. I should have sorted this out a while ago.

I'll get in earlier next year!
  • Options
    I just went on there Henry to order a couple of badges - as I work from home I rarely see anyone selling them.

Sadly they said that I should expect delivery to take up to 14 days, which is a little bit late bearing in mind Remembrance Sunday is twelve days away. I should have sorted this out a while ago.

I'll get in earlier next year!
    shame you don't sit near me as could let you have a badge on Saturday. : - )

• Options

The Millwall bloke at Cannon St is selling special Millwall ones with a Lion on the poppy appraently.

What's that all about ? Fair play to his efforts, but really not sure i'm keen on football allegencies starting to get wrapped up in this sort of stuff.

The stalls outside the valley sell a double Charlton badge and Poppy badge but agree it doesn't seem right and I'm not sure the money goes to the RBL.
  • Options
    I do believe AFKA's on a wind up.  I've not seen him this year at all.
  • Options
    I do believe AFKA's on a wind up.  I've not seen him this year at all.
    He was at London Bridge on Saturday - didn't see any Millwall badges though.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    he is outside boots at cannon st. Not been to stall, just read about on millwall site about the millwall poppies.

Point wasn't related to millwall, more about football allegencies becoming involved. The poppy to me is pretty sacred and shouldn't be messed about with imo