Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone know a hardcore Charlton fan called Seb?

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Rothko said:

imaging getting him as a driving instructor though

I would have thought he is always on time for all lessons and dosent let any of his customers down.
    600 appointments without a cancellation ;-)
  • Options

absolute legend. He must have seen some dross, especially during the Parky years. I have to admit I had a pop at him at Northwich when I saw probably one of the worst displays I have ever witnessed. I, and countless others, were ready to hang the whole damn lot of them but Seb was still clapping them off and telling them to keep their chins up. I told him he was nuts, they were shit and who was going to keep my chin up? Blind faith. But fair play to him.

Is that an apology, Large ?

I'm stil waiting an apology from the players so Seb can wait too.

• Options
    What I want to know is how many of this 700 run his brother has missed ?
  • Options

absolute legend. He must have seen some dross, especially during the Parky years. I have to admit I had a pop at him at Northwich when I saw probably one of the worst displays I have ever witnessed. I, and countless others, were ready to hang the whole damn lot of them but Seb was still clapping them off and telling them to keep their chins up. I told him he was nuts, they were shit and who was going to keep my chin up? Blind faith. But fair play to him.

Is that an apology, Large ?

I'm stil waiting an apology from the players so Seb can wait too.

Of all people surely you could be the "Bigger man"?
  • Options
    Think Olly has done about four seasons on the bounce
  • Options
    During my late teens I only missed on or two in about five years. I then realised going to clubs and getting nutted was much more enjoyable than watching the dross we were pumping out. Now I'm too old for the clubs I'm back to the dross.
  • Options

Olly has certainly missed the international trips,I think Seb's 700 includes pre season friendlies.

Top marks to Henry Irving for smuggling him into the Cottage at the start of the season to allow the run to continue.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

imaging getting him as a driving instructor though

A mate of mine had his lessons with Seb.
    Passed 1st time with only 4 minors.

• Options
    clb74 said:

According to his facebook he has attended 674 consecutive competetive games, that is bloody amazing.

Can anyone top that?
    not having that

my old man would top that comfortablyt if we are talking purely competitive games.

• Options

Seemed to be enjoying himself in the Charlton end doing the worm and starting off the singing , fair play to the guy, he must have seen some right old dross playing for Charlton if he's been to over 700 consecutive games!

Is that correct? 700 consecutive games? That is some achievement if so

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

Seemed to be enjoying himself in the Charlton end doing the worm and starting off the singing , fair play to the guy, he must have seen some right old dross playing for Charlton if he's been to over 700 consecutive games!

Yep

clb74 said:

According to his facebook he has attended 674 consecutive competetive games, that is bloody amazing.

Can anyone top that?
    not having that

my old man would top that comfortablyt if we are talking purely competitive games.

What would you guess his number to be ?
  • Options
    I thinks olly has only missed about 3 in sebs run and hasn't missed 1 since 2000
  • Options

I thinks olly has only missed about 3 in sebs run and hasn't missed 1 since 2000
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    se9addick said:

redman said:

Yep

clb74 said:

Can anyone top that?
    not having that

in all honesty I cannot remember him missing a competitive game in my lifetime (I'm 38 and he started taking me when I was 4), he certainly hasn't missed one in the past 10 years, I include anglo italian away games in that just not pre-season friendlies.

• Options

se9addick said:

redman said:

Yep

clb74 said:

Can anyone top that?
    not having that

in all honesty I cannot remember him missing a competitive game in my lifetime (I'm 38 and he started taking me when I was 4), he certainly hasn't missed one in the past 10 years, I include anglo italian away games in that just not pre-season friendlies.

But does he do the worm?
  • Options
    Elthamaddicks dad = Legend / mad
  • Options
    He must have seen every match for 15-20 years.

A tremendous achievement.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Can anyone top that?
    not having that

and anyone that knows Les would have no reason to disbelieve this statement. I can't remember going to an away and not seeing him and as Eltham says "that includes anglo italian away"
  • Options
    Now that is ONE LEGEND.......LES TURNER...along with the other younger Legends.
    Trust Les is keeping well had a chat with him on my last visit behind west-stand,first met him on the coach travel late 1960s.
  • Options
    yep, he's doing well thanks, still at every game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    out of interest I asked him on Saturday the last competitive game his missed, it was Wolves (a) F A Cup replay 1998 - lost 3-0, due to my Nan falling ill (he reeled it straight off!)

Prior to that game he cannot remember!.
  • Options

out of interest I asked him on Saturday the last competitive game his missed, it was Wolves (a) F A Cup replay 1998 - lost 3-0, due to my Nan falling ill (he reeled it straight off!)

any old excuse to miss an away game .....

legend

• Options
    He was standing in front of me in NU on Saturday - certainly gets excited
  • Options
    PL54 said:

hope you reported him , that type of enthusiasm is not wanted
  • Options
    Jesus, 15 years without missing a competitive game home or away. That is an achievement. He could probably buy Charlton now with the cash he's forked out mind.
  • Options

Crickey thats the only game i've ever managed to take me old Mum too!

• Options
    PL54 said:

I'm assuming you mean Seb (he's normally a few rows behind me), as my old man sits in the West Lower

• Options

That is some going and my god he must've seen some absolute sh*te in that time.
  • Options

PL54 said:

hope you reported him , that type of enthusiasm is not wanted allowed
    fixed
  • Options

I used to travel with him in the 70s - and he never missed a match even back then.

As Ooh Aah said: Legend.