Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

France vs RoI

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I agree france have struggled over the campaign more so that usual but when i went on to Skysports.com this morning i could not mof cared less about that came and was more egar to find the Urugauy Costa Rica score cos i just dont rate Ireland as a team at least France will go far in the finals and have won the WC before Ireland are a nothing team but all i care about is England any way so not sure y im defending france LOL.

you firstly said the better team went through - we say they weren't the better team throughout the whole qualifying

In the qualifiers, France amassed 21 points from 10 games with a +9 goal difference. Ireland got only 18 points and had a +4 goal difference, also from 10 games. And yes Ireland played well last night, but France were equally as dominant in the first leg. Ireland couldn't get near the ball at Croke Park.
    Please explain to me how you think Ireland were better than France over the whole of qualifying?

Nonsense argument Chris, you make no account of which teams were in Ireland's and France's groups.
    I would have loved Ireland to be there but que sera.
    I hope admin put this thread to bed as more and more idiots will try and get a rise out of people.
  • Options
    no mart77 just ignore the baiters. turn the other cheek and all that and dont let them rile you.

When all is said and done, if Duff and Keane had taken their chances last night it would havent come down to this. Oh well may be next time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I agree france have struggled over the campaign more so that usual but when i went on to Skysports.com this morning i could not mof cared less about that came and was more egar to find the Urugauy Costa Rica score cos i just dont rate Ireland as a team at least France will go far in the finals and have won the WC before Ireland are a nothing team but all i care about is England any way so not sure y im defending france LOL.

you firstly said the better team went through - we say they weren't the better team throughout the whole qualifying

In the qualifiers, France amassed 21 points from 10 games with a +9 goal difference. Ireland got only 18 points and had a +4 goal difference, also from 10 games. And yes Ireland played well last night, but France were equally as dominant in the first leg. Ireland couldn't get near the ball at Croke Park.
    Please explain to me how you think Ireland were better than France over the whole of qualifying?

Chris, I agree with you that France outplayed Ireland in the first leg, however i dont think as much as the other way round last night.
    Ireland went unbeaten in a group containing the World Champions. France came second to Serbia, losing against Austria in the process.

You can turn stats around to whichever way you like. You could say Ireland were unbeaten but then you could also say they only won 4 games and actually only beat Cyprus and Georgia.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]

Nonsense argument Chris, you make no account of which teams were in Ireland's and France's groups.
    I hope admin put this thread to bed as more and more idiots will try and get a rise out of people.

I just did in the post above. Ireland only beat Cyrpus and Georgia. I know you're Irish Mart and obviously biased but if you think they're better than France and deserve a world cup place then so be it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Chris, I agree with you that France outplayed Ireland in the first leg, however i dont think as much as the other way round last night.
    Ireland went unbeaten in a group containing the World Champions. France came second to Serbia, losing against Austria in the process.

You can turn stats around to whichever way you like. You could say Ireland were unbeaten but then you could also say they only won 4 games and actually only beat Cyprus and Georgia.

So the point of arguing about it is? You asked why people would think that Ireland had a better qualification. I gave you an answer.
  • Options
    Ru, love your passion mate.

Try to stick with football and not the nationality jibes ("gloating irish dickheads") as you will lose your audience and your arguement if they think you are racist, which I presume you are not.
  • Options
    Have i got this right? - Christian Dailly should be banned for knocking out Ireland and Mark Kinsella is a rubbish co-commentator ????
  • Options
    lol one lung.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Have i got this right? - Christian Dailly should be banned for knocking out Ireland and Mark Kinsella is a rubbish co-commentator ????

well i don't know who it was last night but it's fair to say whoever it was,he was truly attrocious.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Have i got this right? - Christian Dailly should be banned for knocking out Ireland and Mark Kinsella is a rubbish co-commentator ????

well i don't know who it was last night but it's fair to say whoever it was,he was truly attrocious.

It was Andy Holland with Matt Townsend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see on the FIFA match report there was no mention of the handball, what a way to swerve it!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Jools Holland with Sue Townsend? No wonder it was atrocious.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]

I just did in the post above. Ireland only beat Cyrpus and Georgia. I know you're Irish Mart and obviously biased but if you think they're better than France and deserve a world cup place then so be it.

Chris, Ireland should have won last night but they didn't. That was our tough luck. However you saying that France should be heading to the World Cup because they are a better team is hugely flawed and if this logic followed through surely we'd still be in the FA Cup as we're streets ahead of the mighty Northwich!
  • Options
    Goonerhater, your post on the previous page raises a lot of good points especially the one about Platini, who i'm sure will go into hiding so that he doesn't have to answer any questions on the situation.
  • Options
    is it safe to say i quite like the French
  • Options
    This is what we'll try and draw parallels with now http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/germany2006/news/newsid=27212.html. So maybe theres a slight cance of a replay.
  • Options
    Oscar Wilde. Bono. Aidan of Lindisfarne. Bob Geldof. Enya. Arthur Guinness. Niamh, Sinead and Sorcha Cusack. Brenda Fricker. Peter O'Toole. Ardal O'Hanlan. The Bachelors. Michael Flatley. Eamonn Andrews. Eamon Dunphy. Graham Norton. Westlife.

Your boys took one hell, etc...
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    To Ralph. As you can see mate im very patriotic not racist atall, brought in a South East London council estate you cannot be racist there as you have nationalitys from all over the globe living there so no room for racists and is good to have a multi cultural society anyway.

The passion runs a bit high for me sometimes and i cant stand people running this country into the ground (esspecially when they live here) so when it comes to football something else im hugly passionate about i can say things i dont mean as anyone can in the heat of the moment. So i will try to stick to the football sorry.

Still handballs sometimes get missed by referees howmany times do incedents get missed at the valley that even i can see up on my perch in J block but they never get mentioned, not the same level i know but still. I remeber an England friendly against SA at Old Trafford and Ian Wright scored with a turned shot in last few mins to win the match for us 2-1 but as he turned he used his hand to control the ball. All im saying is unlucky Ireland its just anoying when those type of decissons dont go your way but as a Charlton fan i know how that feels.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Oscar Wilde. Bono. Aidan of Lindisfarne. Bob Geldof. Enya. Arthur Guinness. Niamh, Sinead and Sorcha Cusack. Brenda Fricker. Peter O'Toole. Ardal O'Hanlan. The Bachelors. Michael Flatley. Eamonn Andrews. Eamon Dunphy. Graham Norton. Westlife.

Your boys took one hell, etc...

Constructive
  • Options
    Ru fella check your whispar's

Im on your side
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Ru fella check your whispar's

Im on your side

What side? He has no point. All he did was chime in to say he does'nt care and yaaaaamer on about England. Nothing to do about the thread.
  • Options
    Think the Germans may be circling, below the waves!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]To Ralph. As you can see mate im very patriotic not racist atall, brought in a South East London council estate you cannot be racist there as you have nationalitys from all over the globe living there so no room for racists and is good to have a multi cultural society anyway.

The passion runs a bit high for me sometimes and i cant stand people running this country into the ground (esspecially when they live here) so when it comes to football something else im hugly passionate about i can say things i dont mean as anyone can in the heat of the moment. So i will try to stick to the football sorry.

what has other people running this country into the ground got to do with this thread? fug sake we are talking about a world cup qualifying match of another country and a handball incident.
  • Options
    Just as a side note apparently quite a few of the French newspapers have come out and said there should be a replay, which although i don't think this will happen i'm glad to see they're acknowledging the situation and not denying it ever happened as FIFA's match report has done.
  • Options
    I think the easiest group is the North American group, Mexico, USA and one more gets a playoff. South American is ridiculous as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Just as a side note apparently quite a few of the French newspapers have come out and said there should be a replay, which although i don't think this will happen i'm glad to see they're acknowledging the situation and not denying it ever happened as FIFA's match report has done.

It's not impossible and going by the link I've posted above it has happened before.
  • Options
    Two foreign teams, one won, won lost

Why on the back pages of English/British newspapers?

Oh, Russia lost to Slovenia, is that making headlines?
  • Options
    Be less of a fuss if it was Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales and they ARE British!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Be less of a fuss if it was Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales and they ARE British!

So everything non British is non News?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Be less of a fuss if it was Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales and they ARE British!

So everything non British is non News?

I think what hes saying is British news should take priority not that if its not british not news i personally think it depends how big the news is surely? Not wheather its Britsh or not :-).