Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

France vs RoI

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Be less of a fuss if it was Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales and they ARE British![/quote]

So everything non British is non News?[/quote]

Not at all but equal coverage for Bosnia V Portugal, Slovenia V Russia and what about Egypt V Algeria? I want to read about Bougherra
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Be less of a fuss if it was Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales and they ARE British!

thats cos no one would expect them to win in the first place ;-)

I know, I know, the Scots beat them before but that was a fluke ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Was Robbie Keane cheating when he handballed THREE times last night. The ref spotted them all, and the foul given, but had he not, would Keane have stopped play and said to ref, "give a foul"? If Rep Of Ireland had scored from one of them, would there be a similar outcry? What is the difference, apart ref spotting his and not Henry's?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RU1986[/cite]I agree france have struggled over the campaign more so that usual but when i went on to Skysports.com this morning i could not mof cared less about that came and was more egar to find the Urugauy Costa Rica score cos i just dont rate Ireland as a team at least France will go far in the finals and have won the WC before Ireland are a nothing team but all i care about is England any way so not sure y im defending france LOL.

Some people on here are questioning your grammar. But I think you are using that well known narrative technique of 'Stream of consiousness' writing.

This is the definition of Stream of Consiousness writing 'Narrative technique in nondramatic fiction intended to render the flow of myriad impressions — visual, auditory, tactile, associative, and subliminal — that impinge on an individual consciousness. To represent the mind at work, a writer may incorporate snatches of thought and grammatical constructions that do not seem coherent because they are based on the free association of ideas and images.'

Given that the most famous exponent of this technique was Ireland's greatest author James Joyce is it the case that you are adopting this technique as a joke?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Be less of a fuss if it was Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales and they ARE British!

So everything non British is non News?

Not at all but equal coverage for Bosnia V Portugal, Slovenia V Russia and what about Egypt V Algeria? I want to read about Bougherra

he wasn't playing was he?

i personally think you're just on a wind up

not that i mind ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Till I Cry[/cite]

So everything non British is non News?

The reason the match is on all the back pages is because of the level controversy envolving probably the worlds most recognised footballer it contained. Did you not read any other part of the thread?
  • Options
    I wan to read about his absence!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    not sure what other big news sports story there should have been other than former french premiership idol blatantly cheating in a world cup decider.

especially given that his fellow countryman platini is an upholder of fair play despite already bending the rules on seeding.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]not sure what other big news sports story there should have been other than former french premiership idol blatantly cheating in a world cup decider.
    A bit like the last World Cup, where the former french La Liga idol blatantly attacked an opponent in the Final. I see a pattern emerging. Watch out for Kelly Youga in 2014.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    Some people on here are questioning your grammar. But I think you are using that well known narrative technique of 'Stream of consiousness' writing.

This is the definition of Stream of Consiousness writing'Narrative technique in nondramatic fiction intended to render the flow of myriad impressions — visual, auditory, tactile, associative, and subliminal — that impinge on an individual consciousness. To represent the mind at work, a writer may incorporate snatches of thought and grammatical constructions that do not seem coherent because they are based on the free association of ideas and images.'

Given that the most famous exponent of this technique was Ireland's greatest author James Joyce is it the case that you are adopting this technique as a joke?

Woooooosh, right over Ru's head.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]not sure what other big news sports story there should have been other than former french premiership idol blatantly cheating in a world cup decider.[/quote]

Leave it out, the coverage would have been just the same if they had qualified

I revel in their pain!
  • Options
    Henry's a this, Henry's a that.

You soon find out who your friends are : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]not sure what other big news sports story there should have been other than former french premiership idol blatantly cheating in a world cup decider.

Leave it out, the coverage would have been just the same if they had qualified

I revel in their pain!

& i revel in the fact that it means so much to you :-D
  • Options
    It does mate, pay back time for the years and years of them giving it to us over Maradona and USA '94.

There hatred for us knows no bounds and I absolutely revel in their pain, I hope it is excrutiating!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]It does mate, pay back time for the years and years of them giving it to us over Maradona and USA '94.

There hatred for us knows no bounds and I absolutely revel in their pain, I hope it is excrutiating!

think that says a lot more about you then it does about "them"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]It does mate, pay back time for the years and years of them giving it to us over Maradona and USA '94.

I always thought it was the scots that gave it to us over the years about the Maradona handball.
  • Options
    [quote]think that says a lot more about you then it does about "them"[/quote]

I've seen them wear the shirt of whatever country England are playing against, even I wouldn't stoop to that!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    the irish will get over this very quicky and won't keep harking back to it in years to come.

they even have a phrase for it - c'est la vie
  • Options
    I lived in Scotland for 5 years and never heard anything, I lived in Rep Of Ireland and heard it all the time, along with much worse, I might add!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]the irish will get over this very quicky and won't keep harking back to it in years to come.

they even have a phrase for it - c'est la vie[/quote]

Great post, the funniest I've read for ages!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]the irish will get over this very quicky and won't keep harking back to it years to come.they even have a phrase for it - c'est la vie

Very true TK, and indeed an English lad i know said if the same had happened to England, Paris would be like Afghanistan. Irish fans just tend to get drunk ;0)

All i want is Henry to get a big ban for admitting he cheated, Platini to give his view on what happened and Fifa to explain why Ireland were the only non seeded team of the four games to play the second leg away rather than at home like the others. After that is explained it can drift into history.
  • Options
    ... and why Ireland believe they deserved to go through, despite failing to win their group; having a worse qualifying record than France; and failing to beat France in either leg of the play-off.
  • Options
    Chizz ,they beat France after 90mins, just like France beat Ireland after 90mins??!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Chizz ,they beat France after 90mins, just like France beat Ireland after 90mins??!!!!!!!!!!
    Forgive me. I thought it finished 1-1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Chizz ,they beat France after 90mins, just like France beat Ireland after 90mins??!!!!!!!!!!
    Forgive me. I thought it finished 1-1

AET.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]... and why Ireland believe they deserved to go through, despite failing to win their group; having a worse qualifying record than France; and failing to beat France in either leg of the play-off.

Ireland had Italy and Bulgaria in their group, France had Serbia and Austria. Beat them over 90mins in France.

France had home advantage for the added 30mins. Now where was the fairness in that.
  • Options
    Both teams had the opportunity to go through without the play-offs.
  • Options
    "I've seen them wear the shirt of whatever country England are playing against, even I wouldn't stoop to that! "

eh? you are kidding me the scots are just as bad as the irish for that... didnt they all go out and buy argentina tops? think my scotish mate still has one.
    and he's a rangers fan. hates the english. he's bitter tho. i can understand that tho, he comes from East Kilbride.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Both teams had the opportunity to go through without the play-offs.

Irrelevant to your previous statement.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]"I've seen them wear the shirt of whatever country England are playing against, even I wouldn't stoop to that! "

eh? you are kidding me the scots are just as bad as the irish for that... didnt they all go out and buy argentina tops? think my scotish mate still has one.
    and he's a rangers fan. hates the english. he's bitter tho. i can understand that tho, he comes from East Kilbride.

My mate's a Rangers fan (despite being born and still living in Edinburgh) ... we work together in Frankfurt and he has even worn the Argie shirt on occasions over there despite having no interest in Argentina.

And from what he tells me, he is far from being the only one.