Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

France vs RoI

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]So in my view dont care and it appears the better team went
    through anyway.

How do you figure that?
  • Options
    have you been on the sauce already?
  • Options
    Do you have large fingers Ru?
  • Options
    i think you quite possibly could get "kanned" for any view you hold.
  • Options
    I agree france have struggled over the campaign more so that usual but when i went on to Skysports.com this morning i could not mof cared less about that came and was more egar to find the Urugauy Costa Rica score cos i just dont rate Ireland as a team at least France will go far in the finals and have won the WC before Ireland are a nothing team but all i care about is England any way so not sure y im defending france LOL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Do you have large fingers Ru?

Na mate i just type too quicky for my own good and end up making typos sometimes habbit i guess lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]have you been on the sauce already?

I wish
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think you quite possibly could get "kanned" for any view you hold.

MMMM you may be right there matey :-)
  • Options
    Im with RU1986

sure that will make me a pratt
  • Options
    Ru, any chance of a full stop? Perhaps i could interest you in a comma?
    :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Im with RU1986

sure that will make me a pratt

So just because im so patriotic that this game between these two means so little to me im a pratt cool. At least now i do not have to put up with loads of gloating Irsih dickheads in the pubs in London when they would have knocked us out in the quarter finals 2-1 or knowing England on penalties but were as if Frace do that then who cares cos they are one of the worlds greats Ireland im sad to say are not and never will be and i class England in the Worlds elite top teams therefore being beaten by Ireland would be more of an embaressment thatn loosing to France i feel.
  • Options
    If patriotism steams from burying your head and detesting all other nations other than your own then you win the award I guess. Good man, You win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Ru, any chance of a full stop? Perhaps i could interest you in a comma?
    :-)

Sorry i get carried away i though i was gunna be told about that sorry people.
  • Options
    rupert until we make it to the further stages you cannot class england amongst the worlds elite. They always fail to deliver.
  • Options
    The whole FIFA Qualification thing needs looking at anyway. South America play a largish league with the top 5 or 6 or whatever qualifying. Perhaps in Europe we should have similar larger groups of say ten & dispense the four or five teams to a group format & dispense with all Friendlies that way the best teams should rise to the top in a larger league & then have no silly play-off. Also need to look at how teams like New Zealand who quallified by beating that great Bahrain team get through without actually playing anyone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]rupert until we make it to the further stages you cannot class england amongst the worlds elite. They always fail to deliver.

Yes we do correct, however we have won the WC, i know 40 something years ago therefore the history and potenital is there to do it again maybe not this year but again. Just like Italy they will probly win it again, France, Brazil, Argentina, Possibly not Urugauy but you just dont know if a nation has won the WC once they have potentail to do it again, weather it be in 100 years or 20 years time. Irealand are just never going to be in the same league as those who have its like Portugal they will just never win the WC but then again anything can happen. Portugal have a good league the eircom league is a joke and so is the idea that Ireland could come anywere near the WC Final never going to happen so wots the point in the Irsih being there over the French who might actually have a chance of winning the WC.
  • Options
    It's not a race!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The whole FIFA Qualification thing needs looking at anyway. South America play a largish league with the top 5 or 6 or whatever qualifying. Perhaps in Europe we should have similar larger groups of say ten & dispense the four or five teams to a group format & dispense with all Friendlies that way the best teams should rise to the top in a larger league & then have no silly play-off. Also need to look at how teams like New Zealand who quallified by beating that great Bahrain team get through without actually playing anyone.

Yea i agree the whole thing needs reviwing also if we did our qualification process the same way they do in South America it would defo sort out whos been laying better of late allowing the best nations to prosper. Also the fact that Italy had to qualify after winning the whole WC is just plain ridiculous but thats a stone we have unearthed before :-)
  • Options
    i can see your point but whats the point of new zealand being there as well... and many other teams? do you think thats fair. eircom is a crap league but most of the irish players play in the premier league and lower english leagues.

and if you think back, ireland went to the world cup one year, back in 94, when england even failed to qualify... how did that happen eh? who knows.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I agree france have struggled over the campaign more so that usual but when i went on to Skysports.com this morning i could not mof cared less about that came and was more egar to find the Urugauy Costa Rica score cos i just dont rate Ireland as a team at least France will go far in the finals and have won the WC before Ireland are a nothing team but all i care about is England any way so not sure y im defending france LOL.

if you couldn't care less - why are you writing on a thread about it. you and leftbehind.

you firstly said the better team went through - we say they weren't the better team throughout the whole qualifying - you obviously didn't watch as you don't care - but then you later agreed - fair do's - why post on this thread to show how much you don't care?
    baffling.

"gloating irish dickheads" nice.

Curb_it> please say he's not on the coach saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]rupert until we make it to the further stages you cannot class england amongst the worlds elite. They always fail to deliver.

Yes we do correct, however we have won the WC, i know 40 something years ago therefore the history and potenital is there to do it again maybe not this year but again. Just like Italy they will probly win it again, France, Brazil, Argentina, Possibly not Urugauy but you just dont know if a nation has won the WC once they have potentail to do it again, weather it be in 100 years or 20 years time. Irealand are just never going to be in the same league as those who have its like Portugal they will just never win the WC but then again anything can happen. Portugal have a good league the eircom league is a joke and so is the idea that Ireland could come anywere near the WC Final never going to happen so wots the point in the Irsih being there over the French who might actually have a chance of winning the WC.

where to start....You say Portugal wont win the World Cup? is this the same as Greece wont win the European Championship? You say the Irish wont get near the WC final as their leagues a joke, yet most of their players play in the Prem. Brazil's league isnt great, yet they consistently perform as nearly all their players play in Europe!
  • Options
    Rupert, Portugal do not have a good league. Other than the big three only Guimaraes and Braga have any support of note, and only Boavista and Belenenses have managed to break their monopoly of the title since the league was formed, and neither of them are even in the top flight anymore. There are bigger attendances in the Blue Square than at most Primera League games. In fairness it's probably better than the Eirecom though...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i can see your point but whats the point of new zealand being there as well... and many other teams? do you think thats fair. eircom is a crap league but most of the irish players play in the premier league and lower english leagues.

and if you think back, ireland went to the world cup one year, back in 94, when england even failed to qualify... how did that happen eh? who knows.

Yep i remember that however exited in the second round to the Dutch 2-0 so its not too bad i supose this was the year Bulgeria got 4th though and the first WC to be decided on penalties so it was a bit of a mickey mouse tournement but your point about the leagues is good and to be fair i diddnt think of that.

Now New zealand had to qualify through the oceania stage when the winner of that group plays a playoff against an asian nation so it wasnt a case of NZ not playing any games they just play the likes of Fiji, samoa, Tonga, and the Solomon islands which for them is like England playing Ireland lol no really they win allot of their games 9-0 stuff like that. Now although i dont agree with lots of qualification methods for the WC i think the Merge of Australlia into asia is going to help Ocenaian football all round or at lease NZ.
  • Options
    No, thankfully suzi.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Anyway more importantly Sloveinia Kocked out Russia no that is a shock and also one up on them as a former soviet state :-)

there was me thinking slovenia used to be part of yugoslavia.

you learn something everyday.
  • Options
    so refreshing to hear your comments ru1986,keep it up!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I agree france have struggled over the campaign more so that usual but when i went on to Skysports.com this morning i could not mof cared less about that came and was more egar to find the Urugauy Costa Rica score cos i just dont rate Ireland as a team at least France will go far in the finals and have won the WC before Ireland are a nothing team but all i care about is England any way so not sure y im defending france LOL.

you firstly said the better team went through - we say they weren't the better team throughout the whole qualifying

In the qualifiers, France amassed 21 points from 10 games with a +9 goal difference. Ireland got only 18 points and had a +4 goal difference, also from 10 games. And yes Ireland played well last night, but France were equally as dominant in the first leg. Ireland couldn't get near the ball at Croke Park.
    Please explain to me how you think Ireland were better than France over the whole of qualifying?
  • Options
    bring back acworth!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

you firstly said the better team went through - we say they weren't the better team throughout the whole qualifying

In the qualifiers, France amassed 21 points from 10 games with a +9 goal difference. Ireland got only 18 points and had a +4 goal difference, also from 10 games. And yes Ireland played well last night, but France were equally as dominant in the first leg. Ireland couldn't get near the ball at Croke Park.
    Please explain to me how you think Ireland were better than France over the whole of qualifying?

Chris, I agree with you that France outplayed Ireland in the first leg, however i dont think as much as the other way round last night.
    Ireland went unbeaten in a group containing the World Champions. France came second to Serbia, losing against Austria in the process.
  • Options
    as with the Jocks the support the Orish team get their fans deserve their day in the sun.

England are an ellite as they are past winners, not because we are any good !

FIFA ------------- con men end of. Its all about the money

Henry has siad it was the refs fault as he didnt spot him cheating.

Plattini remains silent on the cheating --- well not a surprise.

We English of course expect the usual support from Ireland/wales/Scotland that we always get. No point in holding anyones breath.