Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cash-strapped Charlton set to sell off stars in January??? taken from tomorrow's Mirror

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Would getting rid of one or more of our 3 Chief Executive types, given that we only had two in the Prem for most of it, enable us to keep one or more of our better players?

Indeed it would Len, if Ormiston's figures are to be believed. Which they ain't...unfortunately IMO.
  • Options
    With regards to our premier league wages, and Ormiston saying he doubts we paid anything close to 18k a week, wasn't Amdy Faye on something like 30k a week?
    Remembering hearing a rumour at the time that when he went to Rangers and we were only paying HALF his wages that he was still in the top 3-4 earners at the club.

Also fairly sure the likes of Murphy, Marcus Bent and Hasselbaink were on over 20k.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]With regards to our premier league wages, and Ormiston saying he doubts we paid anything close to 18k a week, wasn't Amdy Faye on something like 30k a week?
    Remembering hearing a rumour at the time that when he went to Rangers and we were only payingHALFhis wages that he was still in the top 3-4 earners at the club.

Also fairly sure the likes of Murphy, Marcus Bent and Hasselbaink were on over 20k.
    I don't think those figures would be unrealistic at all. We signed all those players from clubs that surely pay those sort of wages themselves, and even more on their best players.

Murphy turned down Spurs and signed from Liverpool, Rommedahl is another one, signed from PSV, while Jeffers signed from Arsenal.
  • Options
    isn't one of the advantages of signing players on free's is that you can offer more attractive wages for them?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]isn't one of the advantages of signing players on free's is that you can offer more attractive wages for them?

That's a slight advantage but only if there's competition for them. Very few decent players move on free transfers. Other than Michael Owen I'm trying to remember the last time a player was signed by a decent club on a free transfer, Steve Sidwell when he went from Reading to Chelsea maybe.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Madjid Bougherra has now played 47 times for Glasgow Rangers.

He has missed the last 8 games for Rangers but in the same period has played three times for Algeria.
    Are Charlton due a bonus payment once he reaches 50 games.

If so are Rangers stopping him playing to save them having to pay the bonus before selling him in the January transfer window.

http://footballsfootball.com/WeknowSFA/?p=29 - The Mysterious Case of Madjid Bougherra

Rangers have previous with this tactics as Michael Ball was frozen out for over six months due to a bonus payment due to Everton.
  • Options
    I've a feeling the reason why Majid has been dropped by Rangers is a consequence of his returning late from an international game a month or so back. I think i read somewhere that he was late in returning after the Algeria-Egypt match last week, I get the feeling that maybe he's trying to get himself transfer listed.
  • Options
    Rangers are supposed to have huge debt and cashflow problems.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Rangers are supposed to have huge debt and cashflow problems.[/quote]

Rangers are 31 million pounds in debt with no real income streams apart from Champions League money that isn't guaranteed.
    The are in a never ending circle of cost cutting, it's only a decent effort by Walter Smith and Celtic' shooting themselves in the foot last season that see the club been able to continue as a going concern.
  • Options
    Nigel W you know as well as I do that The Mirror is infested with filthy pixies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Bougherra missed a game cos he was late back from international duty and hasn't got back in the side becuase in his absence the kid replacing him, Danny Wilson has been outstanding and is reportedly wanted by Spurs and Man Utd.
  • Options
    normal practice for Charlton to negotiate sell ons and clauses but every deal is different.

Don't remember any add ons being mentioned at the time.

Nice easy question to ask Richard Murray on Thurs when people have run out of takeover and pothole questions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesPixies[/cite]Nigel W you know as well as I do that The Mirror is infested with filthy pixies.

Ralph ..........maybe you are the Pixie ?

;o)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    RalphMilnesgut rumbled: ''you know as well as I do that The Mirror is infested with filthy pixies.''

Yes, but I thought we'd agreed that the Mirror, the pixies and Izale McLeod were all being put on an iceberg and floated off to the Bermuda Triangle, where the iceberg will melt and they will all disappear forever...
  • Options
    Thanks but we should sell mcleod and fleetwood because they are not good!
    Also we should sign Akpo,Mooney and Ikeme.
    Along with this shelvey,moo2 and randolph can earn us some cash.
    This was what it said:
    Cash-strapped Charlton may be forced to sell a number of players, including star midfielder Jonjo Shelvey, this January as their financial woes increase. The club may also face administration next summer if a new investor is not found.
    'Financial Woes' what are they on about?
    I smell a millwall or palace conspiracy!
    Or a shelvey unsettlement!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]RalphMilnesgut rumbled: ''you know as well as I do that The Mirror is infested with filthy pixies.''

Yes, but I thought we'd agreed that the Mirror, the pixies and Izale McLeod were all being put on an iceberg and floated off to the Bermuda Triangle, where the iceberg will melt and they will all disappear forever...

Although it's your job to spin the iceberg, Nigel ......... ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: youtube addick[/cite]

Perhaps nearer the mark, mate .....!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The Pixies are a little happier with 4 points from 6, a win tonight would make them sprinkle the whiffle dust further still.
    Although that could melt under Nigel W's rays of scrutiny or melt under the heat pouring off Ralph Milnes gut.
  • Options
    Bougy was late back from international duty because he had an audience with the Algerian President as did Bouazza.

I think both had been given permission by there clubs.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: youtube addick[/cite]
    Or a shelvey unsettlement![/quote]

Perhaps nearer the mark, mate .....![/quote]

Well Maybe millwall are trying to unsetle shelvey...
    Maybe they got bribed by chelsea...
    Which would mean they got paid...
    Oh and how do you get yellow for your quotes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tick the BBCode circle below the text box before you post.

You can go back and edit if you like.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

• Options
    Thanks Henry Irving!
  • Options

Errrrr, I don't understand what you're trying to say?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Bougherra missed a game cos he was late back from international duty and hasn't got back in the side becuase in his absence the kid replacing him, Danny Wilson has been outstanding and is reportedly wanted by Spurs and Man Utd.[/quote]

To be honest he hasn't stood out that much, the Rangers magazine has been bumping him up but he hasn't really been that great.
    To be honest a poor Stuttgart side are ripping the Rangers defence apart at the moment.

Rangers are desperate to sell a few players during their next transfer window as the Bank has appointed two of their own men on the Rangers board.
    http://footballsfootball.com/WeknowSFA/?p=29 - The Mysterious Case of Madjid Bougherra

The above scenario in the We Know SFA website is far closer to the truth than Rangers have been admitting to the press.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

I Think chelsea bribed millwall to give the papers a story which could unsettle shelvey and make him go to chelsea!
  • Options
    Still,I do not like chelsea
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

I Think chelsea bribed millwall to give the papers a story which could unsettle shelvey and make him go to chelsea!

Good grief!!
  • Options
    "Cash-strapped Charlton set to sell off stars in January??? taken from November's Mirror....."

Well, we didn't.

Yet another piece of lazy hack journalism.
  • Options
    oggy, they didn't actually say which january now did they...