Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Charltonlife Weight Experiment

Comments

• Options
    do you wanna go slimming world with me dan. We can weigh in together weekly - only round the corner from here! Go on I dare you! :-)

I dont think thats the kind of salad you need to be eating!
  • Options
    Ive been racking my brains for someone in the City to go with - as it helps - and i didnt even think of you!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

It is if he wants to start shitting through the eye of a needle!
  • Options
    Sorry B, would rather have my testicles be the victim of a vicious happy slapping assault than go to a slimming club !

just found the spring onion as well. Dave M could well be right, the jalapenos were a mistake.
  • Options
    The lady who runs it is the spit of marjorie doors.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]do you wanna go slimming world with me dan. We can weigh in together weekly - only round the corner from here! Go on I dare you! :-)

I just had a vision of young AKFA jogging through the City in Lycra and Legwarmers to a Slimming World :(

just going to visit our treadmill for the 1st time need to lose some serious weight for September.
  • Options
    Im sure i mentioned this but i had a bet in a pub with a large group of large men years back when living in hong kong. 100 quid in each, 8 of us... best incentive as winner took all the dosh after one month. Had to get on the scales once a week in the boozer. i lost 15 pound in a month - no chance of doing that these days.

We could start it up and do a bi monthly weight in in the Oak??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Im sure i mentioned this but i had a bet in a pub with a large group of large men years back when living in hong kong. 100 quid in each, 8 of us... best incentive as winner took all the dosh after one month. Had to get on the scales once a week in the boozer. i lost 15 pound in a month - no chance of doing that these days.

We could start it up and do a bi monthly weight in in the Oak??

A good idea in principle Curb_it, but a weigh in at the Oak?? you might as well make it the Con club so I can get a Kebab as well ;)

Just done my first couple of miles on the treadmill, christ I hurt :(
  • Options
    currently 2lb lower than when first posted. plenty of high calorie food over christmas but am also upping the running. Did 9 mile yesterday, although some of the weight loss is due to having to stop at the 5 mile point to find a suitable bush to do what bears do in the woods.

looking to get down to around 11 6 on marathon day.
  • Options
    no proper exercise over Xmas and plenty of eating and I've only put on 3lb's!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not wieghed myself yet as I know it's going to be chuffin horrible (am expecting around 14 / 14 and half stone)....went out on the bike yesterday for a 45m / 72km ride to kick start the 2010 weight loss and nearly died...body stopped working at 50km....will venture on the scales tonight as need a drastic kick up the backside...looking in the mirror I reckon I could do with losing 1 and a half stone / 2 stone
  • Options
    Weighed myself yesterday, thing I might need to lose a couple of pounds ;-)

Bring on those green days Curb-it, is your city SW session lunchtime or evening?
  • Options
    Before tonight, run 10k New Years Day, then 10k on the Saturday. Day off yesterday then attempted 10k again tonight but aborted after 5.2 miles as the sweat seeping through the cheap Spurs hat/glove combo was quickly turning to ice ;-)

Have today ordered myself some decent lights for my mountain bike, along with a his-vis jacket and intend to start commuting on my bike at least 3 times a week minimum in the next few weeks on top of the running. Am still contemplating the transition to a proper road bike but will wait for the summer to do that now. Will give me a bit of time to save up for something really nice. Have got a couple of major targets lined up with the bike this year and should keep me motivated enough to keep up the training.

Oh...and aiming to refrain from alcohol for as long as I can. Ok, that will sounds absolutely bonkers to most of you but until 18 months ago, I tended to drive rather than drink so it will be a pretty easy change to make.
  • Options
    Weighed in last night at 89kg (so a shade under 14 stone)...am 5,11, so am definitely overweight... This is the heaviest I have been and it's not good that I am 40 this year too (27 in Riscardo years), so going to get harder to shift it... Cycled again last night for an hour on a turbo trainer but really struggled and then ate a load of chocolate....this is going to be tough :-(
  • Options
    Just done my official post Christmas weigh in (waited until after my b'day) and I'm now 17st 12lb, which means I've managed to lose 2 lbs over Christmas, which is unexpected to say the least.

Gonna get on Wii fit this afternoon and play Badminton one evening a week. Will maybe start jogging once I've lost a few more lbs - not sure my knees would take too much running at my current weight and fitness. Just about to tuck into a late breakfast of porridge (late start today, been snowing here this morning so decided to stay in bed rather than struggle into our rural office and risk getting stranded).
  • Options
    Thought this might be useful to give everyone an idea what they should be aiming for.

calculate_body_mass_index_charts.gif
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Weighed myself yesterday, thing I might need to lose a couple of pounds ;-)

Bring on those green days Curb-it, is your city SW session lunchtime or evening?

there is one in the city at lunchtimes in two venues i think. Not joined yet, might do next week after ive got tonight and next weekend out of the way... always an excuse.

its nothing like dan thinks it is to be fair is it.
  • Options
    Did you do your run last night AFKA? It was freezing!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Did you do your run last night AFKA? It was freezing!!!

yes, though wearing shorts was a mistake, christ it was cold !

gonna have to get myself some tights !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Did you do your run last night AFKA? It was freezing!!!

Well hats off then..... i thought the temperature might break you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to the Gym last night for first time in 2 weeks was 12 Stone Exactly at pre-christmas weigh in now 12 Stone & 2lbs so a small increase from me. For those that posted an initial weight pre-christmas, can you post your post holiday weights up now so we can calculate the Net increase for all of us put together.
  • Options
    Crept onto the scales last night and was happily surprised that I'm 10 Stone exactly. The only exercise over Christmas and New Year was exercising my big lump of a boyfriend and having a lil jiggle on New Years.
  • Options
    14st 10 from 14st 7
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Thought this might be useful to give everyone an idea what they should be aiming for.

calculate_body_mass_index_charts.gif

I feel comforted by the fact that I belong to the group with the largest shaded area which surely means that I am with the majority. That is how you interpret these graphs isn't it?
  • Options
    Still 15 stone 12 pounds. I don't know what went wrong; I ate the baked ham, the turkey, turkey sandwiches, fruit cake, xmas cake, sherry triffle, dates, figs, cheese and biscuits, smoked salmon with blinies and caviar, mince pies and cream. I drunk the buck's fizz, red wine, scotch and beer and topped it off with various nuts. The next day I watched the game against Swindon; I suppose nervous tension may account for the non weight gain.
  • Options
    I'm afraid to say that I have in fact lost weight over the Christmas and new year period. I'm now bang on 14 stone having lost 3 pounds.

I can't apologise enough, I really feel I've let the side down.

Sorry.
  • Options
    * AFKABartram
    * CommentTime10 hours ago edited

quote# 140

Posted By: CAFCBourneDid you do your run last night AFKA? It was freezing!!!

Go down decathlon in Surrey Quays. I picked up some decent running tracky bottoms for 11 quid. Not quite tights, slightly loser. I ran home from work this evening and they did the trick.
  • Options
    So how is everyone getting on ???

I lost 7lbs in the first week of Jan and finding it hard to resist the urge to weigh myself on a daily basis. Have upped my exercise (gym / runs) and simply eating healthier and feel a lot better for it.

Have only 'drunk' twice since Christmas. Unfortunately the first one lasted 4 hours and the 2nd one 6 hours, so know i'm going to have to knock that on the head for a few weeks if i want to see continued results.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    Have only 'drunk' twice since Christmas. Unfortunately the first one lasted 4 hours and the 2nd one 6 hours, so know i'm going to have to knock that on the head for a few weeks if i want to see continued results.

So 2 beers in 10 hours ?? Glad I'm not in a round with you mate
  • Options
    that's how long it takes for Plaaayer to buy a drink.....