Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Charltonlife Weight Experiment

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]isnt that unheard of 40lb in 3 month? Ive never heard of anything like that before. how heavy were you?
    40lb heavier than I am now!
  • Options
    Weighed myself last night have lost another 2lbs so under 12 Stone now, although I don't think I need to lose anymore.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Congrats Chizz cause that is mighty impressive. Keep it up. Wish I had the will power as I need to lose it more than anybody on here. Oh well.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Managed 26lbs up to the last couple of weeks, but wife and son have been with me since then so I have not been down the gym and back eating crap.

Got a new progamme to start here, its 7 weeks long and you can either do 2,3 or 4 days with a PT. Work outs are only 30mins but they are pure killer. the also give you a very detailed diet plan which can include Mcdonalds for breakfast (if you want) so very easy to stick to.
  • Options
    Well done Chizz, that is very impressive, I am afraid to report I weighed 13st 7lb on the 1st Jan and on Mon 29 March I weighed in at 13st 4lb, which is a very poor 3lb loss, still a loss is better than a gain.
  • Options
    well done Chizz, you should be very proud of yourself mate.

Anything is possible when people put their minds to it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lost 18 lbs since mid January...7lbs to go to target weight of 120 lbs.
  • Options
    "better red than dead
    Still 15 stone 12 pounds. I don't know what went wrong; I ate the baked ham, the turkey, turkey sandwiches, fruit cake, xmas cake, sherry triffle, dates, figs, cheese and biscuits, smoked salmon with blinies and caviar, mince pies and cream. I drunk the buck's fizz, red wine, scotch and beer and topped it off with various nuts. The next day I watched the game against Swindon; I suppose nervous tension may account for the non weight gain."

Went up to 16 stone 7 pounds due to missing several games because of an operation. Have since seen several games, including against Millwall and expect to be back to former weight after MK dons and Carlisle.
  • Options
    Am down to 82kg from 89.9kg in Jan.... Lost the weight easily and rapidly at first. but now get the impression my body is telling me that this is my 'natural' weight as am still exercising (cycling) most days and eating well, but am not really losing any more weight... Am going to give it a push for the next month to see what happens, but if it doesn't work, am just going to stick where I am...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Charlton Charlie...the reason you lose a lot of weight at first is because its termed as (new fat) anything youve carried for more than 7 years is going to take a lot of aerobic excersise to shift. The healthiest weight for anyone is the minimum figure quoted for you age, height, build etc on the BMA site, but this weight is almost impossible to maintain so you should ideally aim for something in the middle. The window is generally around 20 lbs so 10lbs over your minimum weight is easily sustainable.

Hope this helps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]So we're now three months into 2010 and, today, I can report that I have lost a total of40lbso far this year (a bag of sugar short of 3 stone). Not only that, but I have even managed to haul my sorry frame along the Sport Relief Mile earlier this month, completing a run of a mile for the first time ever. Move over Eddie Izzard. (Actually he didn't move over: I nearly ran into the sweaty man at the end!)

And, I have signed up for a 5k run in May; with a probable 10k in June; and a possible RTTB half-marathon in September.

My target was to lose 27lb by the end of March - I am 13lb ahead of that. I am feeling very smug and self-satisfied: I may even treat myself to an extra stick of celery for lunch!

Anyone else stuck to their plans for the year? Or anyone failing spectacularly?
    Well done Chizz, I cant crack the 14stone. I ran 6.5 miles last sunday, went out weighing 14st 4lbs and a running jacket and a bin bag underneath it. came home weighed in at 14st 2 ozs and woke Mrs TCE up by screaming "Oh Feck off" at the scales"
  • Options
    Doesn't running with a bin bag under your jacket just mean you lose more water, that you just put straight back on through drinking fluids? And isn't it supposed to be a bit dangerous? Or am I being a big girl.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]im at 12 3 still. target is 12 but my build is improving so.... cant complain
    still the same!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Doesn't running with a bin bag under your jacket just mean you lose more water, that you just put straight back on through drinking fluids? And isn't it supposed to be a bit dangerous? Or am I being a big girl.
    it causes more sweating and the more you sweat the more fat will burn BUT it can cause dehydration!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Doesn't running with a bin bag under your jacket just mean you lose more water, that you just put straight back on through drinking fluids? And isn't it supposed to be a bit dangerous? Or am I being a big girl.

The bin-bag trick is total crap, only useful for VERY short-term weight-loss such as a boxer needing to get two or three pounds off to make the weight.

When you sweat like that you are not burning fat you are simply losing fluid which you will regain once you take fluid back on board, sweating like that does not help you lose weight at all in the long term.

The only sure-fire way to lose weight - and God knows I should know - is by burning more calories than you put into your system, in short exercise more - specifically cardio exercise that gets your heart pumping - and eat less!!!

I have lost about 10Kgs since January by following the above and am down to around 109Kgs (I am 6' 2") and have found that cutting right back on booze to one day per week has been a huge help.

Booze not only puts weight on you but it also "triggers" your demand for high-carb fatty food like pizza, chips and curry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    i've lost 7 - just the tip of the iceberg and its hard work.

Lots of April fools this morning but I don't think anyone spotted this one !! Nearly got me
  • Options
    pftttt! you should be on stage. X
  • Options
    Now we're in to August and I am happy to report that I haven't put any of it back on, despite a Champagne-fuelled trip to Barbados last month. In fact, I have lost a bit more: the total is now 49lbs (3 1/2 stone).

I have been doing a bit of running. I even signed up for a humiliating 5km run in Brighton (dressed as Superman:it was a charity event). And I have another 5km coming up next month at Leeds Castle. In addition I have got back to playing cricket again. (If you can call it that. I usually stand in the field and watch the ball whizz past, then wait my turn to score not-very-many with the bat).

Still got some way to go. Hope you don't mind the irregular indulgence of sharing it with fellow Lifers; it helps though! Anyone else still struggling to shift excess poundage?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well done Chizz, 13st 8lbs myself. Started running again last week in preparation for the RTTB half marathon in september.

If you can do 5k dressed in a costume, you can certainly do 13 miles so why not join some fellow lifers in september. ; )
  • Options
    I am steady at 12st whic considering I was 13st when I played for CL I am quite happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Well done Chizz, 13st 8lbs myself. Started running again last week in preparation for the RTTB half marathon in september.

If you can do 5k dressed in a costume, you can certainly do 13 miles so why not join some fellow lifers in september. ; )
    I'd really like to do RTTB, but 13 miles is too big an ask for me now. Maybe in a couple more stone's time?
  • Options
    nice healthy 12 stone 8 here ;) haha
    6 ft 3 in height and 16 years old so i'm not really trying to lose anything. though saying that i would like to be under 12 stone ideally :p
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Well done Chizz, 13st 8lbs myself. Started running again last week in preparation for the RTTB half marathon in september.

I'd really like to do RTTB, but 13 miles is too big an ask for me now. Maybe in a couple more stone's time?

2 months to go, a bit of road running you'll have another stone off.
  • Options
    I'm about 11 stone 5 myself, I went from 15 stone to 11 stone in about half a year, trying to put on weight now but I do a lot of gym, road running and footie. Feels good being healthy and fit
  • Options
    Meh I've put on almost a stone. Like my beers too much in the summer. Metabolism finally slowing down, showing my age sobs. On the plus side my... have got bigger (smiley winky thing). Will try and shift it once my knees stop killing me and can get back on my rowing machine more regularly.

In the meantime I've had to cut down on the rubbish I eat, all those weekend takeaways that I love so much are less often. Sighs and dreams of duck in pancakes. Fully intend to join a gym that has just opened up local to me thats stays open later in the evening so I can actually get a chance to go. I've a highly addictive personality so can see me getting hooked and overdoing it.
  • Options
    Without putting any effort into it, I've lost quite a bit of weight. Don't have a scales, so can't say how much, but I need new clothes. I'm wearing old clothes now, good job I didn't throw them away.

If this is what I can do without even thinking about it, imagine if I tried... doing... anything...

Nah, forget it.
  • Options
    I have been Making a Diary of when & what I eat/drink for the last three weeks. Each week I take the diary to the gym to discuss what I have done wrong with one of the Instructors. I am now eating Five times a day but much smaller portions, never really feel hungry at all & can still train four/five time a week. Have cut out some of the more crappy foods, but do not deny myself anything if I really fancy it. Beer is still a problem though & the start of the football season will only make that worse :-)
  • Options
    I started at 16 stone. When I reached 14 stone I was happy to settle there, but having been a bit ill for a few weeks I seem to be losing weight still. Weighed myself yesterday and Im down to 12st 7. Im actually trying not to lose weight anymore.
  • Options
    14 9 now
  • Options
    I went from 26.5 stone to 11.5 stone in 2 years time and manage to stay stable for over a year now. And because I do a lot of running now, I have more trouble not losing weight than gaining weight, but that's a luxury problem I suppose ;-)