Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall - Post match thoughts

SOUNDS ( wasn't there coz of snow before the inquest begins ) like a crazy, freak occurence of a game.

I believe we can take nothing from this other than the point. All other factors ( Parky's tactics, player performances ect ) were pretty random and one of a kind. For instance bad defending, yet from a game like todays i dont think it reasonable to conclude from this that we need a new back four.

Does that make sense?

Any views?

Comments

• Options
    Whaaaaaat .....?

We are not even playing with both first choice full backs.

It sounds like midfield was where often Millwall took the initiative.
  • Options
    Sounded one hell of a game - listening on CAFC player - some controversial decisions for and against both sides. Lets wait and see what people say who were there...might even get a decent showing on BBC tonight!! LOL
  • Options
    I walked away from the Valley feeling like we'd lost. I'm just glad that one is out of the way.
  • Options
    Disappointing result considering but a draw, still undefeated and still on course for promotion with a 2pts per game average
  • Options
    Credit where it's due guy's Millwall deserved their point!
  • Options
    Just got back. Draw probably fair, but with a few minutes of stoppage time you would have thought we should have closed the game down and killed time. Unfortunately it was one of those frenetic games from start to finish and we didn't get hold of the game in the second half to kill it off.

at 0 - 2 we were doing last seasons trick of commiting suicide and handing it on a plate, so to come back and get a draw didn't seem so bad but at 4 -3 against 10 men and time on our side dissapointing not to have won.

Our 3rd goal, absolute class, deserved to win any game not only Baily's finish but also the build up. Glad this game is out the way, now we need to get back to normal footbal and 3 points Boxing day.
  • Options
    Just back. Would have been a great game for a neutral but feels like a loss to me.

So much for the spanners fiersome reputation though, their fans were very quiet in my opinion.
  • Options
    The reason why there was 8 was because both defences were poor whilst both teams were ace going forward.

On another note, was there any need for so many Millwall fans to make cut- throat gestures indiscriminately towards random ticket holders in the east stand? Not to mention the coins that were lobbed....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StoneChurchGremlin[/cite]The reason why there was 8 was because both defences were poor whilst both teams were ace going forward.

On another note, was there any need for so many Millwall fans to make cut- throat gestures indiscriminately towards random ticket holders in the east stand? Not to mention the coins that were lobbed....

you didnt expect them to blow kisses at you did you ??

if that is all they done then hats off to them for having a sense of behaviour
  • Options
    them jammy b*****ds they always score late in the game
    to be fair the defending was all over the place for both teams but i did think we deserved a win

cracking match for a mutual fan though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought we were quite poor today tbh.

Defensively all over the place at times. Millwall deserved their point in the end. We sat back after going 3-2 up and it was inevitable they would score again.
  • Options
    Exciting game, to state the bleedin' obvious, but we spent significant parts of it being rubbish. Our play in the ten minutes leading up to their third goal was an absolute disgrace and I think overall they shaded it considering how long they played with ten men. Have we put in a worse defensive display since we were last playing Millwall?
  • Options
    Just got back, fair result, they wanted it more, they had an extra yard over us. We defended absmally, Omazuzi is utter tosh!!!

At the end of the day we drew, we will get promoted, the spanners wont, I'll settle for that!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Just got back, fair result, they wanted it more, they had an extra yard over us. We defended absmally, Omazuzi is utter tosh!!!

At the end of the day we drew, we will get promoted, the spanners wont, I'll settle for that!!!

Wasn't there but sounded like Omazuzi wasn't the only defender who was "tosh" today!
  • Options
    Why did they want it more?

They overran us with 10 men ffs.

Heard the White Horse got done over. Same old.
  • Options
    Elliott had a mare, terrible keeping for 3 and 4.

Ho hum, lets beat Swindon and start again
  • Options
    But Elliotts a Charlton fan. . . OohAah was right about him!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Defending was poor today (especially from the full backs). Millwall had clearly done their homework and just constantly attacked down our left where Waggy is too lightweight and Basey is too slow (a very bad combination). Can't blamce either for effort but against the better teams in this division that pair is not going to work.

As for Elliott, I will defer my decision until I see the goals again as I have to say I didn't think he stood a chance with any of them, he was left exposed each time.

Just a shame burton (or maybe Mooney) didn't put us 4-2 up early in the second half when I think he hit the post?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Just got back, fair result, they wanted it more, they had an extra yard over us. We defended absmally, Omazuzi is utter tosh!!!

Clearly Omuzusi is your scapegoat. He played right back today but 3 of the 4 Millwall goals came down our left side.

Even though we had the extra man at times in the 2nd half it felt like they had the extra man. It felt like we lost but now it's all calmed down i'm just glad we got a point as i couldn't face losing to those mugs. We defended abysmally but we haven't lost, we're still 2nd and we move on.

Have to say as well, for 3k fans they made hardly any noise whatsoever.
  • Options
    Where do I start utter crap being written here.

They were not Jammie they deserved it and wanted it more.

Omusuzi our best defender today so dont slag him off

we gifted them 4 goals by not clearing our lines

Dailly was toilet from start to finish.Morison murdered him

Aint really got a opinion of elliott as no goals his fault all 4 goals came from us not putting our boot through the ball and clearing our lines.

The last goal care off both sodjes akpo for not holding on to it and giving it away cheaply and sam for heading straight into a area containing 4 millwall players instead of a simple sideways header to omusuiz.Our defending today was shocking we gave them 4 goals end of and sat back the game was far too big for wagstaff hence the mix up with dailly for the first goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    for the third I thought Elliott made a good point blank save initially, and the attacker was first to the rebound. Imo we were awful, particularly in defence. Sodje had a 'mare first half and Dailly looked completely different compared to the rest of the season, no composure at all.

Move on from it though, at the end of the day we didn't lose, are still in the promotion placings and, according to the programme, it's our best first half to a season ever.
  • Options
    Bad defending from both sides

Bad refereeing for both sides

They wanted it more, but a draw was a fair result

Pitch looked frosty and the defenders struggled - however, if in doubt - PUT IT OUT!
  • Options
    I loved the game this was watching a traditional charlton game. Only two of our players came out with credit, Sam Sodje and Burton, worst game Basey has palyed for a long time, even Dailly looked wobbly, maybe it was the cut. We played Millwalls game, only looked dangerous when we played on the deck with "proper" football. Mooney out for long? Although he looked poor in quite few patches even if hr did win the penalty. Great penalties by Deon, I thought the 1st one was over!
  • Options
    Have to say fair play to Millwall, they dug deep and wityh 10 men didn't give them a hope. Having been chucked out at Charlton, a long time ago I hasten to add for something very minor, not sure what the fook our stewards and OB were doing allowing those muppets in the East Stand to stand up un-opposed for a good 10 minutes. That potentially could have gone very wrong. Then in the North quadrant another couple just allowed to stand up and rub our faces in it. Stewards just seemed disinterested, or maybe they were waiting for our boys to get involved and kick them out !!
  • Options
    why the feck didnt you chin them then
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Where do I start utter crap being written here.

They were not Jammie they deserved it and wanted it more.

Omusuzi our best defender today so dont slag him off

we gifted them 4 goals by not clearing our lines

Dailly was toilet from start to finish.Morison murdered him

Aint really got a opinion of elliott as no goals his fault all 4 goals came from us not putting our boot through the ball and clearing our lines.

The last goal care off both sodjes akpo for not holding on to it and giving it away cheaply and sam for heading straight into a area containing 4 millwall players instead of a simple sideways header to omusuiz.Our defending today was shocking we gave them 4 goals end of and sat back the game was far too big for wagstaff hence the mix up with dailly for the first goal.[/quote]

You're right there, its only a game and all that old shite. Where do these people live? Keston, West Wickham, Shortlands, Bromley. . .no doubt. Places with no contact with that lot.

Our mob today; Lack of brains and guile. Same old.
  • Options
    they wanted it more per usual,dont even feel angry i accept it now,sam was a bottle job as i thought,bar sam sodje and burton not many come out with credit,no honour no pride,on the backfoot with ten men. oh and for the twats throwing bottles in north stand your mugs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spanish[/cite]Then in the North quadrant another couple just allowed to stand up and rub our faces in it. Stewards just seemed disinterested, or maybe they were waiting for our boys to get involved and kick them out !!

The stewards sensibly got reinforcements and then showed them the door. They went fairly quietly. One of our 'boys' appeared to go over to confront them, although he was happy enough to be restrained. Probably just as well - he seemd a little uncertain on his feet, presumably having imbibed a few ales beforehand.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: StoneChurchGremlin[/cite]

i was in the closest block to them today in the east and i didn't see any coin throwing, gestures yes but that's par for the course.
  • Options
    I thought Parky had a mare today.
    Long ball game for an hour against ten men?
    If ever there was a time to get it on the floor it was today. They would've been knackered by the end. as it was, it was THEM controlling the midfield, making US run around like headless chickens.
    Still, a draw's better than I expected at 2-0 down... :-)