Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall - Post match thoughts

Comments

• Options
    I thought Bailey was definitely your best player. Even when you were on the back foot, he seemed to be the only one in your team that tried to keep things ticking over and playing football. I half expected you to take the initiative i midfield and strangle us seeing as we were a player short, but your back four just resorted to hoofing it up top. Not that i'm complaining, because Robbo and Tony Craig will deal with that sort of thing all day. It's when they're up against teams knocking it around quickly in front of them and dragging them out of position that they struggle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]
    It's when they're up against teams knocking it around quickly in front of them and dragging them out of position that they struggle.

And the strange thing is, Grouchy ....... we have the players, and as a team are well capable of playing a quick passing game on the floor.

The real question is ......why the hell didn't we???
  • Options
    Jimmy Abdou's red card has now been rescinded.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Jimmy Abdou's red card has now been rescinded.

Are you serious? How do they explain that? And what about the first one...Jeez, sometimes, the people who run football, words fail me.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The TV footage shows that it was a horrendous tackle, and despite having 2 defenders by one post, a clear goalscoring opportunity.
  • Options

WTF! That's incredible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

WTF! That's incredible.

Any where on the pitch, that could have been red.
    Cut Lloyd Sam in half. High and dangerous for a start.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    And the strange thing is, Grouchy ....... we have the players, and as a team are well capable of playing a quick passing game on the floor.

The real question is ......why the hell didn't we???

Because our best passer is wrapped up on the bench?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    Ready for a January move some would say...
  • Options
    shelvey was made for the millwall game,criminal others started instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I may have jumped the gun on Abdou's red card being rescinded

He was already on a yellow card and was given a straight red. I've read conflicting stories:
    1. His red card has been downgraded to a yellow, therefore he gets a 1 match ban for 2 yellows, rather than a 3 match ban for a straight red
    2. His red card has been downgraded to no card, therefore he serves no ban (unless it was his 5th yellow of course)
  • Options
    Thought they probly deserved more out of the game than us anyway so was not too down heartened am annoyed we diddnt beat them but that live init.
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks that sort of tackle is malicous clearly hasn't played a game of football in their life.

It was neither high or dirty. At the worst, it was a fraction of a second late. It wasn't even from behind - Sam had turned his body side-on when the tackle came through (....hence another reason it was probably rescinded other than there being three players on the line - Sam wasn't facing the goal). I'd expect any of my players to make that sort of tackle anywhere around the pitch. It might have cut Lloyd Sam in half if Lloyd Sam was 4 inches tall.

1m 12secs in....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8423624.stm

Cut him in half? Leave off!
  • Options
    Have you not gone away yet Groucho ? Surely you have something else to do that come on to a CAFC site.

You could start by repairing or cleaning the toilets in the away end at The Valley.
  • Options
    "Have you not gone away yet Groucho ? Surely you have something else to do that come on to a CAFC site."

What difference does it make to you?
  • Options
    Oooooohhh come on Grouchy - don't be grouchy.

Surely you have some small kids to intimidate or Norwich invasion plans to draw up ?

What's the plan up there ? let me guess; storm the gates, eat all the pies, chant like monks, smash up some porceline, sit in their end and then be delighted that everyone thinks you're more scummy than they possibly imagined.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    If he was here on a wind up but he's not and he actually contributes to the forum with sensible posts much like budgie.

All up for banter but let's not slag people off or tell them to do one just because they support another team - it all adds to the 'community'.
  • Options
    Care in the Community more like
  • Options
    WSS yes lets all be fuzzy and fluffy and its Crimbo after all i mean just because he is a mate etc etc etc . On the other hand (and again its only my opinion) i couldnt give a fying rats f**K if i dont read a comment from they Bermondsey pikies on here ever again and as for being part of the community plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz if you wanna help the dross of the world up to you----- me i dont want scumwall in any community thats near me.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    I never said that, and he's not my mate.

I also find it easy to not stereotype every single person I meet, which is maybe i'm not as angry as you.

Hence why i'll be going out with my Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Gillingham mates tomorrow night for a few beers. Wanna join me?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]me i dont want scumwall in any community thats near me.

As The New Dump is only a couple of miles from The Valley, you'll always going to find them near you, in the same road perhaps, or even living next door to you. If you don't like it, you'll have to find a Millwall Free Zone.

You could move down to Cornwall, GH ........ not a Millwall fan in sight, nobody's even heard of Millwall down here, nobody in Cornwall even knows where Millwall is - or perhaps they think it's near Bolton or Hull. Or part of Al-Qaeda.

Now we do have plenty of Greenies.

;o)
  • Options
    We all support Charlton its a charlton forum. Im not sure why Millwall fans have to be on here and i would rather no scum were near me either. But as WSS said Groucho has been on here a while and does contribute in a posotive way to some of the threads. Everyone was bound to gang up on him after the scum game but as said before he doesn't actually do anything wrong so lets just let him get on with it rather than arguing with eachother about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]... chant like monks ...

PMSL, that's exactly how that pathetic 'song' sounds, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]... chant like monks ...

PMSL, that's exactly how that pathetic 'song' sounds, lol.

Its the knuckle draggers chant of eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And there other song of "No one likes us we dont care" is there any other Millwall chants Groucho cos those were the only two i could get from row VV of covered end.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]We all support Charlton its a charlton forum. Im not sure why Millwall fans have to be on here and i would rather no scum were near me either. But as WSS said Groucho has been on here a while and does contribute in a posotive way to some of the threads. Everyone was bound to gang up on him after the scum game but as said before he doesn't actually do anything wrong so lets just let him get on with it rather than arguing with eachother about it.

Agreed, Rupert.

I for one like having posters from other clubs on here ......as long as they make decent contribution.

We've had great banter with Barnsley, Northwich Victoria, a Seagull, the horny Hornet, etc ...... as well as our resident Spud, Hamster, Nigels ...... and of course, Groucho.

We don't have to agree with them - but in my book they're all welcome.

But I've no time for WUMs.
  • Options
    "PMSL, that's exactly how that pathetic 'song' sounds, lol."

"When the red red robin comes bob bob bobbin' along...."

Hmmm.

This site does make me laugh, because there are a few - only a few mind - who like to accuse Millwall of being knuckle-draggers, but at the same time with some of the things they say, you can only imagine them to be complete pondlife themselves. Doesn't bother me either way to be honest, but you'd think some people would at least employ the process of thinking before they type. Angry little people. It's easy for them just to lump me in with what they believe a stereotypical Millwall fan is. Again, not my problem. They probably go through life being angry at absolutely everything. God help their families at Crimbo!

Everytime I read one of Goonerhaters posts, i always imagine him to be shouting, spitting and snarling the words at the screen whilst he's typing. Chortle chortle, etc....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Poochy - If GH's posts upset you don't read them and the easiest way to guarantee that is to go and play on MISA.
  • Options
    Who said they upset me? The clue's in the "chortle chortle" bit...

Being obviously of higher intelligence to a Millwall fan, it probably smarts a bit that a Millwall fan has had to explain that one out to you.

Now stop your flirting. You're not my type.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]We all support Charlton its a charlton forum. Im not sure why Millwall fans have to be on here and i would rather no scum were near me either. But as WSS said Groucho has been on here a while and does contribute in a posotive way to some of the threads. Everyone was bound to gang up on him after the scum game but as said before he doesn't actually do anything wrong so lets just let him get on with it rather than arguing with eachother about it.

Agreed, Rupert.

I for one like having posters from other clubs on here ......as long as they make decent contribution.

We've had great banter with Barnsley, Northwich Victoria, a Seagull, the horny Hornet, etc ...... as well as our resident Spud, Hamster, Nigels ...... and of course, Groucho.

We don't have to agree with them - but in my book they're all welcome.

But I've no time for WUMs.

Exactally i have no problem with anyone from any club coming on here so long as the contribution is worth while. People who come on here just to wind us up i have no time for either mate but i see no signs of that from Groucho. His views are slightly Millwall Biased (after the game at the weekend who can blame him for being proud of his club at the end of the day they did better than us on the day with 10 men) also my views are slightly Charlton Biased, swings and roundabouts at the end of the day. If someone form another club comes on here abusing us then they will be banned if not then there is no reason for them not to be on here and voice their oppinon. Afterall better than the moaners init.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]"PMSL, that's exactly how that pathetic 'song' sounds, lol."

"When the red red robin comes bob bob bobbin' along...."

Hmmm.

This site does make me laugh, because there are a few - only a few mind - who like to accuse Millwall of being knuckle-draggers, but at the same time with some of the things they say, you can only imagine them to be complete pondlife themselves.quote]

Mmmm slight misinterpretation there Groucho ... I said the 'song' was pathetic and did indeed sound like chanting monks. Now where did I say you were knuckle-draggers? Spanners yes, on a number of posts, but that's different.