Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall - Post match thoughts

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I thought their 3rd goal had some nice build up play to it to be fair.

yeah and such a powerful cross that elliot couldn't hold onto ..............
  • Options
    Disappointing to put it mildly, but wonder if the tally of yellows, derby + icy pitch made the players nervous. Worrying tendency still to crumble when the pressure is on. Credit to Milwall, fought the whole time which we didn't. Deon faced the West stand and urged the supporters to support but we stayed quiet. Thought Milwall were a bit quiet as well. when they got going, there was a lot of noise, but it was surprisingly infrequent. Our vocal support crumbles too easily as well, and the West stand was awful. I felt I was doing solos. OK, we're not going to join in the 'We hate Milwall' stuff, but apprehension and defeatism hangs in the silent air. The accoustics obviously play a part, but I think we're fooling ourselves if we think that it's the main problem. We haven't banked enough truly convincing wins and whilst we try to jolly ourselves along and appear optimistic, I feel that inconfidence and the overall financial situation are weighing us all down.
  • Options
    Christ...

I truly am sorry for upsetting anybody by saying that your away end is a toilet.
  • Options
    Too late Grouch.

We've lost at least 30 members.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Christ...

I truly am sorry for upsetting anybody by saying that your away end is a toilet.

Its not quite a toilet, it is crap though.

that said, compared to some away stands, its like wembley!
  • Options

Coming from that shed how can you say any ground is toilet?
  • Options
    Keep your knickers on. The rest of your ground - except for the pink seats - I think if pretty tidy. Your away end is sh*t though, considering the work that's gone into the rest of the ground.

And as i've said, if i was a Charlton fan i'd be more than happy with that.
  • Options
    Who cares about the away end, none of us have to sit in it!

All in all, that was the worst Charlton have played at home all season but still got a point and could have won (could have lost too TBH).

It was obvious by the reaction of Millwalls fans and players at the end of the game that a point at The Valley meant an awful lot to them.

One thing to Millwall, never say you don't care about us again, you only kid yourselves!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Who cares about the away end, none of us have to sit in it!

All in all, that was the worst Charlton have played at home all season but still got a point and could have won (could have lost too TBH).

It was obvious by the reaction of Millwalls fans and players at the end of the game that a point at The Valley meant an awful lot to them.

One thing to Millwall, never say you don't care about us again, you only kid yourselves!

Well said.

We played terribly, we defended even worse, our back 4 played like they'd never met each other, yet we still got a point, are unbeaten at home and sit 2nd in the table.
    Millwall celebrated a draw like they'd won promotion and Kenny Jackett said after the game he was proud of his team coming to a 'big club like Charlton'.
  • Options
    Disappointed yes, but when you look at our last few games we have tended to sit back once we have gone in the lead. Saturday just cameback to bite us in the arse. I do hope this is not going to be the tactic for the rest of the season as I think we are to good for this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What was Sodje doing getting in the way of Wagstaff when wagstaff had the situation under control for the first?

It seemed like our CB's (with all their experience) just didnt turn up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What was Sodje doing getting in the way of Wagstaff when wagstaff had the situation under control for the first?

It seemed like our CB's (with all their experience) just didnt turn up!

I saw that as Sodje thinking that Wagstaff had his man covered not reacting quickly enough when it was evident that Morison was about to go straight past him, by the time he reacted it was too late.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Who cares about the away end, none of us have to sit in it!

nail on head for me
  • Options
    Performance was exactly as I suspected it would be pre-match from us, littered with mistakes we would not normally make. I also highly doubt Millwall have played that well most games this season. Still I enjoyed the game immensely, I go to football to be entertained & I was. It's a game I half expected us to lose so the fact we are still unbeaten at home is a plus.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Performance was exactly as I suspected it would be pre-match from us, littered with mistakes we would not normally make. I also highly doubt Millwall have played that well most games this season. Still I enjoyed the game immensely, I go to football to be entertained & I was. It's a game I half expected us to lose so the fact we are still unbeaten at home is a plus.

My thoughts exactly. Was pissed off we let in a late equaliser but enjoyed the game and thought millwall were more than worth their point. If you had offered me a point when we were 2-0 down, I'd have bitten your hand off (especially if it had a pie in it!)
  • Options
    millwall are shite and we where awful but lets move on we have to keep going lots of points to play for.
  • Options
    The match and the performance were indeed a freak. We were 2 down but didn't lose - on the other hand we scored 4 at home and didn't win. At leasr the fixture is out of the way and our unbeaten home record has survived the bogey tean's unwelcome visit.

Things were even harder to focus, of course, because the opponents were the charmless trash from South Berkmondsey. The same match against say Orient would not have cast the same shadows, and the drama could have been (ahem) enjoyed for what it was - a real football afternoon.

If the halves had been reversed, a comeback from 2 down with 15 to play would have made the result a triumph - still 4-4, though. Yeah, a point well saved, it's true, but then again two points lost ... oh no, here we go again !!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]

The rest of your ground - except for the pink seats - I think if pretty tidy.

Pink seats for Pink Lions, Groucho.

;o)
  • Options

Yes its a toilet ...Look at the amount of shit it had to accomodate Saturday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Yes its a toilet ...Look at the amount of shit it had to accomodate Saturday

But it was all flushed out in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They had some real tissues in that end.
  • Options
    So are we drawing a line under this game or what?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]So are we drawing a line under this game or what?

see player ratings thread mate, can you rate our players? just think would be interesting

hopefully the line will be drawn soon!
  • Options
    Not that anyone's interested in my ratings for your players, but i'll go for a collective 5.78 if that's ok?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Not that anyone's interested in my ratings for your players, but i'll go for a collective 5.78 if that's ok?

as i said i am, collective 5.78 is not allowed, only half marks allowed ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Not that anyone's interested in my ratings for your players, but i'll go for a collective 5.78 if that's ok?

Thanks Grouchy .

That's probably higher than our lot on here gave, lol

Anyway, what ratings did you give your Loins as a collective average ...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]

Anyway, what ratings did you give your Loins as a collective average ...?

10.87 :-)
  • Options
    lol Bevo!

;o)
  • Options
    I'd rate my Loins a lot higher!

As for the Lions, i'll go for a 7.1003. High enough to reflect a superb performance away from home with 10 men, but low enough to represent a collective dig in the ribs for gifting Charlton three goals.
  • Options
    That just means you was too p*ssed to remember Groucho.