Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

shelvey

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
he will be starting again i take it. happy days

Comments

• Options
    He'd better, class today & i would have left him on till the end.
  • Options
    Pleased for the lad. No doubting his talent. Let's hope he keeps his place and helps us consolidate that promotion spot. Going to be a tough few months ahead for the whole squad.
  • Options
    Great performance by Jonjo delighted to see him back.
  • Options
    What a beautifully taken goal.

The way he took it showed his class, he didnt smash it like 99% of players in this league would have done (including Bailey however effective this is) he caressed it superbly.

Aside from the goal he was also a rare attacking outlet, showing heart aswell as his obvious ability.

What a player
  • Options
    What a beautifully taken goal.

The way he took it showed his class, he didnt smash it like 99% of players in this league would have done (including Bailey however effective this is) he caressed it superbly.

Aside from the goal he was also a rare attacking outlet, showing heart aswell as his obvious ability.

What a player

Couldnt have put it better myself!
  • Options
    One word quality
  • Options
    Good to hear he played well, sounds like he played like he was last season. Although he hasn't been poor at all, I always felt he was playing better last season than he has this year.
  • Options
    absolutely quality today. well done.

thought he was right to be taken off as well as he was starting to tire, and he'll be important on monday.
  • Options
    Yeah good to see him play well today and around the right time for Parky to take him off today, preserve him for Monday. Get the feeling we will need another big performance from him v Brenford
  • Options
    Lovely goal and certainly better than of late but I still think he is some way from his best. Hope this is the start of a return to form for Jonjo. Charlton are going to need all hands to the pump from now till may.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed with the observations above but I thought that he should have got more of the ball today as some players (especially Bailey and Basey) were more prone to pass the ball back or sideways when JonJo was in a better position - jealously or rivalry? I sure hope not!!
  • Options
    Yeah weren't bad, deserves a starting place for Brentford
  • Options
    I was sorry to see him taken off, because there were times in the second half when he had the ball and had to wait for an option, he looked ready and able to take on the whole bloody lot of 'em. But on balance can't argue with Parky's decisions on the subs. Hope he starts at Brentford.
  • Options
    i think he was very good today, one of our main threats today. think probably had to go of as he run himself to the ground. lets see if he has a run in the side for now but think he is wasted on the left and find it hard where he fits in the team at the momment as semedo & Bailey have to start and think he is a good back up. otherwise if we do play 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 then he would fit in nicely but with injuries and suspension i am sure he is due a run in the side
  • Options
    Thing to remember is that he is still very young. Young players form does come and go. I think he is just going to get more consistant.
  • Options
    I personally thought he looked completely lost with the new formation but once we had the men sent off and backs to the wall, he came into his own because he knew what he had to do. He's got obvious quality but I just think that, when he does play, he needs a more defined role in the team and don't agree with him being given a free role. Not yet anyway........

Definitely worth another start against Brentford though.
  • Options
    he looked lost?? my old man said he played brillant
  • Options
    Good for him.
  • Options
    thanks he usually right.
  • Options
    Oh John Jo Shelvey you are the love of my life
    Oh John Jo Shelvey you are too young for my wife
    Oh John Jo Shelvey, just like me you got no hair

coat......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched the goal ...... Great finish
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I am not one to criticise Shelvey. I thought he had been struggling in games... However I thought he played excellently today. In the 2nd half in particular.. he wanted the ball a lot and was prepared to run with it and worked very hard for the team and defended withthe team... He worked very intelligently toay. I have to give credit where it is due..
  • Options
    Great performance all round; the goal was sublime.
  • Options
    great conversation around me

"what do you think of that Shelvey?"

"oh I think he's a good footballer"

"I'm still not sure about him , I don't think he looks interested"

Nearly fell off me chair at that one
  • Options
    I thought he was all over the place until he scored. He played much better after that and it was good to see him join the battle towards the end. Still amazing for a teenager and there will be lots more to come, but I do wonder if he might be hard to motivate as he invariably starts poorly after returning to the side and is prone to drifting through games he should be contributing a lot more to.
  • Options
    He plays best when given licence to attack, so I would return to 4411 giving hiom licence to attack although with semedo required to play centre half jonjo may play out and out cm
  • Options
    He has so much talent and vision (and looks much older from a distance) that supporters often forget how young he is, and tend to judge his performance as they would Bailey or Semedo.

I'm just happy to be able to see a future England midfielder in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Pair of prats behind me slagged him off all game and the funniest comment was " For christ sake Shelvey try to look like you`re interested" Makes you wonder what some people see when watching a game doesn`t it.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    How can they say that? Every match I've ever seen him play, when the match stops he's one of the first to position himself keeping a close eye on the match defensively or offensively. He's not quite right in the flow of the match, his enthusiasm get's himself in to the wrong and right areas but hopefully that will come.

Glad to hear it. With two up top he's going to get the space in front of oppo's defences. Not sure on the formation but it's one that will suit JJ.
  • Options
    His best performance of the season yesterday and a great finish. He's been well off the boil imo since the early part of the season but was back toward his best yesterday. Shame we didn't keep 11 on the pitch as, in that kind of form, it would have been very interesting to see him buzzing around in the hole feeding off Burton and Akpodje's lay-offs and flicks.