Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

shelvey

Comments

• Options
    must be playing then
  • Options
    well, if we are playing 4-4-2 with Waggy and Sam out wide then the central two should be Semedo and Bailey (if Dailly plays) with either Jonjo or Spring if Semedo plays CH. If he goes for Spring it'll only be because he might feels he needs a bit more experience than Jonjo can provide esp with a pretty makeshift back four.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]must be playing then

Yeah he must be lol. I must have got it all wrong ;-)
  • Options
    UNCLE TELL US WHY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Options
    I wasn't at the game (family commitments) - but based on everything I've seen or read, and seeing that we have ANOTHER two players suspended since the last game - if any of the 9 who were on the pitch for the most of the game are not playing tomorrow, I think Parky's making a BIG mistake ....
  • Options
    I cant mate sorry :-(
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I cant mate sorry :-([/quote]

I third the concerns about Uncle's comments .... I don't think we can afford to lose jonjo in the TW .....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I don't think we can afford to lose jonjo in the TW .

Bloody right. And I would bet a large house that Phil Parkinson agrees too.
  • Options
    uncle, are you just toying with us?

if so please stop! its killing me!
  • Options
    like uncle would do that :~)

of course we don't know all the details, but it's coming up to January, and there was nothing I could fault him of the past few games, once the confidence is there he can run games from 0 to 90.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uncle, tell jonjo i love him!
  • Options
    only at charlton would they not play there wonderkid,still fancy us as there fuck all,but really thats criminal
  • Options
    off it he dont want or need a rest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I cant mate sorry :-(

oh dear...
  • Options
    Well we always lose somebody good in January. Let's hope Jonjo is the only one.

To clarify for the mischievous I do not want Jonjo to go but I have read into uncle's remarks that he probably will.

the fact that he said in the programme that he wants to get promoted to the Championship with Charlton is another indicator he is on his way I reckon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Well we always lose somebody good in January. Let's hope Jonjo is the only one.

Only every 2 years, maybe it won't be this January...

04 Parker
    06 Murphy
    08 Reid

oh...
  • Options
    Let's hope it's 'silly money' whatever that looks like.
  • Options
    It would be absurd to sell Shelvey now, rather than in May. His value is going to go up and up. If we need to raise money we can sell McClown and Dickson. It is also not very clever for RM to highlight to fans that Norwich have to sell, if in fact he has already decided to sell our best player. (and I am not one to criticise Richard Murray, but this is something I would happily say to his face - IF our suppositions here turn out to be true)
    But lets see and hear at Griffin Park - and then return to this afterwards.
  • Options
    I dont think based on he is not playing today that this means he is going! think some ppl are reading too much into it, clearly he is not going to be happy about not playing after a performance like that, second after the leyton orient performance for me!

Yes it is a shame he is not playing but im sure he will just get on with it like a good pro he is, if he did go i would not be happy at all but nor was i when parker left, murphy & reid, but we get on with it and will deal with it if it happens

PS. Tell Jonjo i love him too! not in a gay way tho :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]PS. Tell Jonjo i love him too! not in a gay way tho :-)
    same here :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not absurd if the Directors haven't got the cash to pump in to keep it going. . . .
  • Options
    Here we go again. Can we have a sticky until the end of January where rumours and 'facts' can be posted about who is leaving and who is coming please?
  • Options
    PANIC PANIC!!!! Just because Jonjo has been left out today doesn't mean he's about to leave. It could simply be Parky wants to go back to 4-4-2 today. He's probably brought Sam back in down the right and may feel he wants a more orthadox wide man down the left, i.e. Wagstaff (another who seems to have impressed most people on Saturday). All of the other three midfeiders from Saturday impressed (Shelvey, Spring, Bailey) but, assuming Semedo is going back to centre half one of those three has to miss out. Parky may feel he wants that little bit of extra experience and defensive ability that Spring offers and would presumably want to have his captain on the pitch whenever possible. That's harsh on Jonjo but it's all part of being a professional footballer and it certainly doesn't have to mean Parky has some kind of personal vendetta against him - it would have been similarly harsh on Spring. Perhaps if this had been a home game Parky would have opted to include Jonjo in preference to Spring for his attacking abilities but, either way, I would imagine there's a very good chance he'll be involved from the bench, anyway, as the efforts from Saturday start to take their toll on the legs of players who've started both games.
  • Options
    So are we implying that he won't play so we can sell him?
  • Options
    where are you getting he is getting sold? blimey
  • Options
    Can't believe that anybody can get worked up about this. Clearly the reason for him not playing is purely a tactical one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Can't believe that anybody can get worked up about this. Clearly the reason for him not playing is purely a tactical one.

I would have thought so.

Nothing to do with his mature and heroic performance vs Swindon.
    Parky evidently wanted to play with pace down both flanks to catch Brentford on the break.
  • Options
    maybe not mate
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    well, I didn't pick up anything new today from "those in the know" and JonJo did get to play 40 plus minutes. The 4-4-2 with two wingers wasn't working.

Uncle, you were hinting at something last night, though...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    Uncle, you were hinting at something last night, though...

I wasn't hinting at anything last night anything last night. I reported he wasn't playing,i made it clear i didn't think it was right but thats my opinion. i was asked by fortune costa fish to tell him why he wasn't playing and i said i'm sorry i cant. The reason i couldn't was because i didn't know why. I only knew it wasn't because of fitness as i stated last night. Since i have said that its been said on nearly every thread that he's being sold. If someone says sam shouldn't be dropped does everyone think he's being sold???