Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

shelvey

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]His best performance of the season yesterday and a great finish. He's been well off the boil imo since the early part of the season but was back toward his best yesterday.[/quote]

I think opposition teams started to realise that he was our main creative outlet in the 4-4-1-1 we were playing week in week out at the start of the season. At least one opposition manager changed his formation and played a holding midfielder specifically to keep him quiet which has got to be tough for a 17 year old to cope with. Now that we are have a bit more tactical variation he should get a bit more freedom.
  • Options
    should have had an assist aswell but Burton missed his header, remember. Was a great cross
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]
    I think opposition teams started to realise that he was our main creative outlet in the 4-4-1-1 we were playing week in week out at the start of the season. At least one opposition manager changed his formation and played a holding midfielder specifically to keep him quiet which has got to be tough for a 17 year old to cope with. Now that we are have a bit more tactical variation he should get a bit more freedom.

That played a part but there have definitely been times when his own decisons have let him down as much as anything, which of course happens to all players at times, especially young ones. Yesterday he was making the right decisions when and where to run/go looking for the ball and when to play the pass and when to try and do it on his own. You did sense that there was a time when the hype was maybe starting to get the better of him a little and the spell out of the side and seeing us winning without him has probably done him no harm, but it's great that he's used that to reinvigorate himself and came back into the side with a top performance, as did Spring and Llera. It's a measure of the spirit and professionalism Parky has re-instilled in the club because that's exactly how you want your squad players to react to being out of the side. The likes of Dickson and Racon need to look at that and learn from it.

Thankfully the sulkers appear to very in the minority at the club these days, which is a big turn aroud from this time last year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]

That played a part but there have definitely been times when his own decisons have let him down as much as anything, which of course happens to all players at times, especially young ones. Yesterday he was making the right decisions when and where to run/go looking for the ball and when to play the pass and when to try and do it on his own. You did sense that there was a time when the hype was maybe starting to get the better of him a little and the spell out of the side and seeing us winning without him has probably done him no harm, but it's great that he's used that to reinvigorate himself and came back into the side with a top performance, as did Spring and Llera. It's a measure of the spirit and professionalism Parky has re-instilled in the club because that's exactly how you want your squad players to react to being out of the side. The likes of Dickson and Racon need to look at that and learn from it.

Thankfully the sulkers appear to very in the minority at the club these days, which is a big turn aroud from this time last year.

Dont matter how reinvigorated he gets himself if he is dropped after every game he plays despite winning
  • Options
    Well I agree Uncle, if he gets dropped tomorrow he'll have been very hard done by. Like I say, I don't think his form had been good enough to warrant a start over the last month or so but he can do little more to try and stake a claim than he did yesterday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Well I agree Uncle, if he gets dropped tomorrow he'll have been very hard done by. Like I say, I don't think his form had been good enough to warrant a start over the last month or so but he can do little more to try and stake a claim than he did yesterday.

Not to sure i agree with that considering the only game he's really started is against Bristol rovers which we won. But yes very hard done by cos he aint in the team tommorow
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Well I agree Uncle, if he gets dropped tomorrow he'll have been very hard done by. Like I say, I don't think his form had been good enough to warrant a start over the last month or so but he can do little more to try and stake a claim than he did yesterday.

Not to sure i agree with that considering the only game he's really started is against Bristol rovers which we won. But yes very hard done by cos he aint in the team tommorow

Sorry are you saying he has already been told hes not starting? or you just saying if he wasnt playing? i hope he is!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

But he's still a young un Unc. After the running he did on Sat he deserves a rest!
  • Options
    No he's not playing he's already been told. Yes he did do lots of running but so did everyone else and he hasn't played for ages and is one of the fittest there. Not sure that is the reason he aint playing,in fact i'm sure it isn't
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]No he's not playing he's already been told. Yes he did do lots of running but so did everyone else and he hasn't played for ages and is one of the fittest there. Not sure that is the reason he aint playing,in fact i'm sure it isn't

Thats must be very annoying and you can see he is naturally a fit lad after not playing for a while to playing as well as he did and did not look like he was tiring? im really confused as for me he was MoM and our biggest threat on saturday, cant imagine what he's thinking or whether parkinson has had a quiet word. maybe just trying to ease him in gently or as Off it said could be as he is young and put in a good shift against swindon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just know how i would be feeling after working so hard for the team just to be told i wasn't needed again. Players thrive on confidence
  • Options
    Can't imagine Parky is picking Spring ahead of Jonjo on yesterdays performance. What's the rest of the line up likely to be?
  • Options
    I'll be disappointed in Parky if he didn't give Jonjo a reason for leaving him out, Unc.
  • Options
    Hard to guess the lineup, but that's what Parky is paid for - to make difficult decisions. In making those decisions he is going to piss some people off, whether it be Jonjo, Racon, Spring, Wagstaff or anyone else.

That being said, he also lives and dies by those decisions - if we go out tomorrow, create and finish chances and run out comfortable winners then great - if we lack drive, creativity and a 'spark' then of course he is going to get questioned.

Personally, tomorrow I'd revert back to a 4-5-1 with a midfield of Sam, Bailey, Spring, Wagstaff and Shelvey. And replace Spring with Semedo should Dailly come back.
  • Options
    Shut up Glenn
  • Options
    Sorry Olly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Shut up Glenn

LOL
  • Options
    Offside.
  • Options
    Nob ;-)
  • Options
    Lol. I weren't expecting that was I! Going Turnpike for breakfast tomorrow early, if your in Bexleyheath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Nob was for WSS (aka cheating lino)
  • Options
    I know Unc, I meant he's tired Olly Muirs joke! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I know Unc, I meant he's tired Olly Muirs joke! :-)

Oh i didn't see he was still doing that one. Oh well little things for little minds :-)
  • Options
    fuck me he plays like that and he gets dropped,sam hides at millwall game and starts
  • Options
    Uncle: "Not sure that is the reason he aint playing,in fact i'm sure it isn't"

I don't like the sound of this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I don't like the sound of this

Neither do I. Not one little bit.
  • Options
    Do you know why hes not picked then uncle?
  • Options
    To be fair, if he does know then it wouldn't be fair or right of him to post it on an open fans message board now, would it.

However Uncle, if you'd like to whisper me ............
    ;o)
  • Options
    Is he not just resting him? He ran himself into the ground v Swindon.
  • Options
    Parky: ""Jonjo's goal was a terrific finish. At times today he was back to his best. It's too early to pick the team [for Monday} but Jonjo can't do much more."

Well I don't know who at the club Uncle thinks "doesn't want" JonJo, but it doesnt sound to me like it's Phil Parkinson.