Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snow warning TONIGHT (Wednesday)

edited January 2010 in Not Sports Related
BBC NEWS WEATHER REPORT_ London is expecting between 20-30cm (thats7-10 inches in my old world) of SNOW at around 6pm tonight.

Take care evrybody

Comments

• Options
    You see I dont understand as this keeps changing. And what i have just read on the BBC its okay for tonight - even thos the sthit standard said 9-10am this morning but now the BBC is saying tomorrow.

charlton
  • Options
    Down here in Oggyland, deepest darkest Cornwall me loverrrrrrrr - after iron hard frost all day yesterday we woke up this morning to an inch of snow.

But by 10 am this morning the wind had moved round to the South West and it was raining.

I guess you lot really needed to know that.
  • Options
    Got a meeting at the Valley tonight at 6.00pm

Should I risk being stranded at the Valley? I suppose I could always kip down in Steve Waggot's luxury suite of offices : - )
  • Options
    Oggy, which part of Cornwall do you live? Went back to Looe last year for the first time since I was a kid. Hardly change at all. Love it down there.
  • Options
    Not too far from Looe, Misty. Trek back a little way from Looe along Whitsand Bay towards Rame Head. Et Voila!
  • Options
    where are ppl gettin these weather warnings from?? on met office website kent will see sweet fa in the way of heavy snow, as will london, light dusting at most, like every night this week so far anyways

Typical over reacion by the masses, well if you live in kent maidstone/medway side or anywhere in central to s/e london, only place gonna get hit os reading way, they are prob in the shit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]BBC NEWS WEATHER REPORT_ London is expecting between 20-30cm (thats7-10 inches in my old world) of SNOW at around 6pm tonight.

Take care evrybody

Last time I promised my missus 7-10 inches she was very disappointed.
  • Options
    Cheers Oggy. I'll check it out next time I'm down, hopefully this year or next. Spent a lot of time at Plaidy beach, just east of Looe. Very secluded, hardly saw a soul.
  • Options
    BBC saying it could reach minus 20 in parts of Scotland later this week . . .
  • Options
    bbc & itv have been giving severe weather warnings since mid-day.

From about 10pm tonight until thursday there will be heavy snowfall covering London, Kent & Sussex - maybe the far s/east where my office is (Hythe) may miss out . I'm due to go to Eastbourne tomorrow afternoon and looks like i'll have a day watching England lose the test match instead.

50/50 that our game will be on come saturday -you have been warned !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Misty, drop me a whisper next time you're coming down.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]bbc & itv have been giving severe weather warnings since mid-day.

From about 10pm tonight until thursday there will be heavy snowfall covering London, Kent & Sussex - maybe the far s/east where my office is (Hythe) may miss out . I'm due to go to Eastbourne tomorrow afternoon and looks like i'll have a day watching England lose the test match instead.

50/50 that our game will be on come saturday -you have been warned !

Where do you work in Hythe?

We have our own climate in Hythe, everywhere else around us will get snow but we will have rain.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]where are ppl gettin these weather warnings from?? on met office website kent will see sweet fa in the way of heavy snow, as will london, light dusting at most, like every night this week so far anyways

Typical over reacion by the masses, well if you live in kent maidstone/medway side or anywhere in central to s/e london, only place gonna get hit os reading way, they are prob in the shit
    Bookmarked...
  • Options
    Cheers Oggy, will do.
  • Options
    well just walked past TVC Blue skys and weak sun.......
    where was the so called snow forcast beetween 9and 10am...... Germany
  • Options
    Had a holiday in Plaidy many years ago. Nice place if a little old for us youngsters (as we were then). Good beach as I remember.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Had a holiday in Plaidy many years ago. Nice place if a little old for us youngsters (as we were then). Good beach as I remember.

You'd fit in well now though, Henry.

Evenings can be chilly - don't forget your cardie.

;o)
  • Options
    Down your way in June Oggy, staying at downderry, do you know this area very well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, all around Whitsand Bay and the Rame peninsula is my patch.

God's own country, when the sun shines.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Had a holiday in Plaidy many years ago. Nice place if a little old for us youngsters (as we were then). Good beach as I remember.

;o)

Still younger than you, R. : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Down your way in June Oggy, staying at downderry, do you know this area very well?

Downderry is only about 5 or 6 miles from me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

;o)

How can I get out of that one, Henry.......?
  • Options
    One of the brands I look after is a major vehicle roadside assistance and recovery operator and we're bracing ourselves for some heavy snowfall throughout London and Kent from later on today..hope it doesn't happen, but looking like it will....
  • Options
    Will give you a shout if you fancy a beer mate! (or cider)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]where are ppl gettin these weather warnings from?? on met office website kent will see sweet fa in the way of heavy snow, as will london, light dusting at most, like every night this week so far anyways

Bookmarked...

fair play if I'm wrong and we get hammered then fair play but on no actually weather reportin site does the snow fall include the s/e part of london and anywhereest from severnoaks, just a be prepared and keep notice of weather conditions as they could change.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

;o)

How can I get out of that one, Henry.......?

Short of shuffling off your mortal coil you can't but if you express my age as a percentage of your age we are getting closer all the time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

Bookmarked...

fair play if I'm wrong and we get hammered then fair play but on no actually weather reportin site does the snow fall include the s/e part of london and anywhereest from severnoaks, just a be prepared and keep notice of weather conditions as they could change.

sorry scruffle, am i reading you wrong? the link i have in BBC has heavy snow for charlton so that does mean south east london.

charlton is south east london
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Short of shuffling off your mortal coil you can't but if you express my age as a percentage of your age we are getting closer all the time

So in fact, Henry ....... you're getting older quicker every year than I am?
    Phew!