Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snow warning TONIGHT (Wednesday)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Short of shuffling off your mortal coil you can't but if you express my age as a percentage of your age we are getting closer all the time

So in fact, Henry ....... you're getting older quicker every year than I am?
    Phew!

IF only Bertie Einstein had realised that before he published that load of old bollox the special theory of relativity.
  • Options
    I BLAME GLOBAL WARMING.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I BLAME GLOBAL WARMING.

Nothing bloody warm about it right now, is there ....?
  • Options
    They had a Polar bear skeleton covered in thick ice in Trafalgar Square couple of weeks back. Idea was for it too melt to highlight global warming and the plight of the bears.

It was so cold over xmas the poxy thing had gained weight everytime i walked past!
  • Options
    I am a total loss I work for a home insurance compay in Bromley and I cant keep up with the weather.. At beginning of week BBC predicted snow showers today.. it didnt happen and now they were predictin snow tonight around 6pm.. we will see.. now it could be very heavy snow tomorrow during day after snowing lightly from anytime tonight at midnight till 6am tw morning.. do i go into work.. how do i get home?? If I get to work tomorrow and there is very heavy snow by lunchtime tomorrow will i get home to Eltham ?? I look at weather forecast and its gradual snow all week. One thing is sure both bbc and itv are predicting a foot of snow in Hamspshire in next 24 hours
  • Options
    Current service running information (Tuesday 5 January)
    Signalling problems are affecting Hither Green and Grove Park services. Services to Charing Cross and Cannon Street are being affected.

London Buses will pass ticket holders on reasonable routes. And London Underground will pass ticket holders between London mainine terminal stations.

Services between Hastings and Charing Cross are being diverted via Redhill or Hayes

Services between Tunbridge Wells and Charing Cross are cancelled

Services between Ramsgate, Dover and Ashford will be diverted via Hayes

Services between Dartford & Gravesend and Charing Cross via Sidcup are being diverted via Woolwich and Lewisham

There's an hourly service operating between Sidcup and Dartford

The looped Cannon Street to Cannon Street services will not serve stations via Sidcup and will be diverted via Bexleyheath

Services between Grove Park and Bromley North are cancelled

Services between Sevenoaks and Charing Cross will operate half-hourly via Grove Park
  • Options
    lol...it aint even started snowing yet!
  • Options
    What!

All i want to do is get from Ashford to Sandling. Got to go via hayes?
  • Options
    I'm confused now. The heavy snow is predicted for Wednesday night not tonight.
  • Options
    In Feb when it snowed like mad for that one day I was driving home from Kent and got stuck in Croydon in my stupid rear wheel drive car - Ended up spending 2 nights in a hotel just 16 miles from home !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm supposed to be driving back to hull tomorrow/thursday :(
  • Options
    why are tain serviced being disrupted now.. i don't understand.... sorry to hear that PL54.. such a rough area
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I'm supposed to be driving back to hull tomorrow/thursday :(

I should imagine you'll be pleased you might not make it...LOL!
  • Options
    mind you i just popped outside and its really cloudy (mind you i just woke up from my afternnon snooze)
  • Options
    On train at hither green at mo. All running, just expect a load of cancellatioms
  • Options
    I live in Hayes and it's a terminus - END OF THE LINE.

How on earth are they going to divert to an end of the line?!
  • Options
    this is forecast for my area in the next 4 days...

Blimey I trust it like a train timetable..... Looked it yesterday and it was snow showeres tues and weds and sunny fri and sat.. now look at it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2574?area=SE9
  • Options
    I'm impressed by the way that the panic has set in before the snow has actually fallen.

I'd say there's as much chance of London getting 10 inches as Rodney's missus.
  • Options
    just had a text from a friend who i work with (it is our rota day off).... I was telling her about forecasts and her reply was "shut up Paul. I am on the south coast. I know its Snowing here. It is also snowing at City Airport"
  • Options
    Never trust the BBC Weather site, it's absolutely shocking!

Metcheck is generally the most reliable I've found.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can you send me that link pls red_murph?
  • Options
    Still Snowless in "Sunny" Sydenham.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]can you send me that link pls red_murph?

knobhead! u changed your work hours??? sure you used to work tuesday, monday & thursday or you book today off
  • Options
    thanks red_murph

Ype they changed our shifst round.. no week is the same. . this week i am working mon, weds, thurs and sat, next week it is something else..... i work 2 or 3 fridays a month or so.. my shift sheet reads like a bingo card....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]On train at hither green at mo. All running, just expect a load of cancellatioms

Going home already, nice job!
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I'm supposed to be driving back to hull tomorrow/thursday :(

I think you may have to delay that journey by a few days
  • Options
    on SSN now.. now states that there is a flash weather warning in Reading, Berkshire, Windsor, Bracknell etc has just been issued.
  • Options
    Im supposed to be going on a date with a bird from Ruislip tonight in London!...she isnt gonna be able to get home. Back to mine perhaps?...we shall see!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    good luck ValleyGary...... good excuse to take her to your place... (for coffee of course) lol
  • Options
    the last time i went to the anchor when snow was due was for the marvellous snow day last jan/feb (cant remember). So im off down there tonight so fingers crossed no work tomorrow.