Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Bostock

Comments

• Options
    Well I think it will happen tomorrow (think that's when the loan window re-opens). SKY Link
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]Well I think it will happen tomorrow (think that's when the loan window re-opens).SKY Link

That link is from the 17th January. Loan window opens again this thursday.
  • Options
    Powell said in the SLP that it was 'unlikely to be early activity ' in the loan window.

Unless that is a smokescreen.
  • Options
    I think Bostock would be a fantastic signing, just that something different that will be able to be more creative. Although, his ego and attitude could be disruptive (although we shouldnt judge him before he plays for us though)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sorry shirty5 thought loan window opened 7 days after transfer window closed - thanks for correction. I think he could be the creative attacking midfielder we need. Most of my Palace supporter relatives thought he was great when he was there and was only 'spoiled' by the talk and big move! Think maybe he is ripe for someone like CP to get him back on track...
  • Options
    I would have thought a struggling CC championship side would come in for him. Someone like Crystal Palace.....
  • Options
    I think he'd probably have effigies burnt of him if he went there!

He's about as popular as we are!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I think he'd probably have effigies burnt of him if he went there!

He's about as popular as we are!

So they don't care about him then?........apparently.
  • Options
    "apparently" ;-)
  • Options
    Pretty sure he could get a championship club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Pretty sure he could get a championship club.

Like Hull? : - )

2 goals in 11 games which is not bad but didn't impress according to accounts so is now back at Spurs.

If Powell wanted him I'd suspect we'd have a chance but does CP want him? He said he wanted a couple of players when the window was open and only got BWP so maybe still someone else he's waiting to become available?

But as we are winning there is no rush. As and when someone who can improve the side becomes available we can try for them.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    but then thats what we thought about BWP - I'm sure Reading weren't the only lot who were interested...and he fits in where we need strengthening..we're aren't looking for people to score are we, we have them, we need people to provide service and a forward threat from midfield...

oh yeh - the Crystal Palace thing was one of my (Crap, according to my partner) jokes...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]I'm sure Reading weren't the only lot who were interested...

He turned down the opportunity to talk to Rangers which is a fact and (allegedly) Blackpool offered a five figure sum for him which was of course declined, a bit cheeky of them if you ask me... there's a good commercial deal and then there's booting plymouth in the gut when they're down - if true of course
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    tho if the rumours are right we got a pretty good price ourselves! I've heard 125000 bandied about? Not bad for best striker in the league eh? I felt I had to apologise to my Argyle supporters trust friend at the time. Hmm. Haven't heard from him in a while.

But back to Bostock. Last rumours Ive heard linking him with us seem to be about 2 weeks old. Anything since then?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]tho if the rumours are right we got a pretty good price ourselves! I've heard 125000 bandied about? Not bad for best striker in the league eh? I felt I had to apologise to my Argyle supporters trust friend at the time. Hmm. Haven't heard from him in a while.

But back to Bostock. Last rumours Ive heard linking him with us seem to be about 2 weeks old. Anything since then?[/quote]

That might have been the initial transfer fee but no doubt it comes with add-ons - games played, goals scored, play-offs reached, promotion achieved and the like.

Regarding loans I'd like to see a centre-half and a strong creative midfielder come in and that should give us enough of a cutting edge to eke out enough points. I'm not sure Bostock is our man, we have Jackson and Waggy contributing goals from midfield but no one who consistently wins possession and creates chances.
  • Options
    We don't want any more palarse cast-offs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]

That might have been the initial transfer fee but no doubt it comes with add-ons - games played, goals scored, play-offs reached, promotion achieved and the like.

I doubt that. Plymouth needed/need cash up front now so would have been happy to take a lump sum now rather than potential money down the line.
  • Options
    Today's sun quotes the BWP fee as £300k
  • Options
    VP I think the fee was closer to what was suggested by wheresmyticket?

We would have paid significantly less than Reading did and their accepted bid was £300k before the medical shenanigans began
  • Options
    I'd be amazed if the full and final fee is as low as £125k, for the league's top-scorer that is a bargain, even with a poor injury record.

Nevertheless if Henner's says it's true then it must be...after all he's always imploring us to not repeat anything as fact unless it's been on the OS first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I'd be amazed if the full and final fee is as low as £125k, for the league's top-scorer that is a bargain, even with a poor injury record.

Nevertheless if Henner's says it's true then it must be...after all he's always imploring us to not repeat anything as fact unless it's been on the OS first.

Just as well I didn't say it was fact then (not that that is what I say but I can't expect you to get that right either) just that I doubted there were add ons for the reasons I give.

KMT
  • Options

Ridsdale at Argyle has said that all the fee for BWP was paid upfront, which they had insisted upon.

BWP was out of contract at the end of this season.
    If he hadn't been sold in the January window, he'd have walked away in the summer for nothing.

Meanwhile, Argyle couldn't afford to continue paying him.

The word going around is that Charlton paid to Argyle the value of his existing contract.
    Argyle also save the same sum by not having to pay BWP's wages for the next 5 months.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Ridsdale at Argyle has said that all the fee for BWP was paid upfront, which they had insisted upon.

BWP was out of contract at the end of this season.
    If he hadn't been sold in the January window, he'd have walked away in the summer for nothing.

Meanwhile, Argyle couldn't afford to continue paying him.

The word going around is that Charlton paid to Argyle the value of his existing contract.
    Argyle also save the same sum by not having to pay BWP's wages for the next 5 months.

But Oggy, is on the OS Twitter?

: - )
  • Options
    Oggy... approximately 20 weeks if he was on £8,000 would be a £160,000 fee

That seems an appropriate ballpark figure to me, could be lower, doubt it would be much higher
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I heard from local sources down here that he was on under £7,000, ISaw.
    And the word is, he went for "around" £125k.

But I can't confirm that.
  • Options
    Good scoop as always from our SW correspondent!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]But Oggy, is on the[strike]OS[/strike]Twitter?

Nowhere, Henry.

So nothing is true. Nothing.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Good scoop as always from our SW correspondent!

My Greenie friends, ISaw. They were gutted to lose him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]But Oggy, is on the[strike]OS[/strike]Twitter?

Nowhere, Henry.

So nothing is true. Nothing.

;o)

Nothing is real
    And there's nothing to get hung about
  • Options
    Strawberry Fields, forever.