Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views and Reaction vs. Bristol Rovers

WSSWSS
edited February 2010 in General Charlton
How very very deflating.

Done the City/Rovers thing again. oops

Comments

• Options
    Deflating yes...but altogether not as bad to watch as our last four home games.
  • Options
    We can be the best team in the leaque but you need to score goals to win games. We can't score, simple!
  • Options
    Windscreen i agree but only because i could change channels when it got 2 bad.
  • Options
    You must have watched a different game to me then windscreen.

Awful, absolutely awful. This lot of collectively lost their way like I would never believe is possible if I haven't seen it before.
  • Options
    No wonder we lost tonight ...... if we had to play Bristol City and Bristol Rovers at the same time!

;o)
  • Options
    We played Bristol Rovers !!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes, totally deflating. Suggest we all log-off and pour a stiff drink before it gets nasty because there's really nothing you can say about that kind of utter long ball ineptitude without blowing a gasket.

Less than a point per game from our last ten now and Basey is the only one to emerge from tonight with his reputation intact (even if his leg is not).

Probably as poor as almost anything last season.

Good job it wasn't a must win game, eh?

Goodnight!
  • Options
    Can't even think about it right now.
  • Options
    Just not good enough. Again.

Our passing has non exsistant, now we rely on a hoof up field. We will also not score if we don't shoot at the goal.

Blizzard should've been given a red for breaking Basey's leg.

Burton did nothing, Sam was our biggest threat.

Dailly and Sodje look a bigger liability together game after game.

Whats gone wrong?
  • Options
    Not good to say the least.
    On the upside I've been drinkinng a very fine single malt. Its dulled the result
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]On the upside I've been drinkinng a very fine single malt.

your name isn't Trevor Kettle is it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Deflating yes...but altogether not as bad to watch as our last four home games.

????!!!!!!??????

Please give me one positive from that performance?.

Our forwards were no threat for the 100+ mins played. Our midfield appear to be running in a slurry pit and are at times so one paced it is scary. The back four were all over the shop all night.

I've tried and treid to stay away from the doom and gloom brigade, but after that I won't hide behind a vain hope that we will turn it round. If we continue to perform like that we are in big trouble.

We have a number of players who hide as soon as things go wrong. Too many players just did not want to know.

You have to ask why that is?.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    a great man once said:

The past 11 months have been an eye-opener. I’ll give you an example. Halfway through our bad run last season, I stopped at a garage and this guy came up and said, ‘We’re in the shit, aren’t we?’ When I agreed, he thrust his face right into mine and snarled, ‘f****** sort it out, then’. If it had been Charlton, the guy would have said: ‘We’re in a bit of bother, aren’t we?’, I’d have said, ‘Yeah’, and he’d have gone, ‘Don’t worry, we’ll be all right’. That’s some difference.”

hey ho,never mind.another easy game up next and we can kick start our season.
  • Options
    Sam will have the most detractors like normal and I agree he's inconsistent, but inconsistent meant he actually did something and occasionally looked threatening unlike anyone else out there. Bailey had to cover Solly all game. That's definitely the worse I've seen from Burton. The players must be tired as I just don't understand the so sudden drop in performance.
  • Options
    Good game to watch result was shit.Elliot,Baily and solley only players to come out off the game with any credit.
  • Options
    How can we lose to a side that have played most of the game defending their 18 yard line......?

Because nasty, niggling, hoofball side that Bristol Rovers were ....... they wanted it more, right from the start.
  • Options
    The similarities to the first season in the Championship are uncanny. We'll be 11th before we know it. Shocking tonight.
  • Options
    Sick of Blizzards.
  • Options
    All season, even when we've played awful, i've defended Parky but I just cant do it anymore, he has to go. That was a total embarrassment. If only we had the money to sack the useless git....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]How can we lose to a side that have played most of the game defending their 18 yard line......?

Because nasty, niggling, hoofball side that Bristol Rovers were ....... they wanted it more, right from the start.

Being outfought has been a feature for a few weeks now. Inexcusable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pathetic perfromance only player to have even an average game was Bailey, why he was out wide god only knows.

Defensively Daily and sodje are giving me nightmares, richardson was ok and solly got better as time went on, had a woeful first 20 or so min though.

Racon and semedo were a waste of space, why we didnt start with one of them with bailey in middle and reid and sam out wide, Burton had his worst game for us this season, and sodje (A) has the touch of a rapist, really doubt he's anywhere near the answer to our lack of goal scroing strikers, infact he's no better than Mcleod, but atleast he's not gettin paid as much.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Big C[/cite]he has to go

In the immortal words of John McEnroe.

You cannot be serious.

Shall we sack him with our invisible money to pay his contract off?

Come to think of it, sacking managers has really got us going places hasn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Sam will have the most detractors like normal and I agree he's inconsistent, but inconsistent meant he actually did something and occasionally looked threatening unlike anyone else out there. Bailey had to cover Solly all game. That's definitely the worse I've seen from Burton. The players must be tired as I just don't understand the so sudden drop in performance.

Tired! Fucking tired !!!!!!!!!
    If they had to do a week of twelve hour nights, they might be tired. Playing one game of football for 90 98 minutes plus a bit of training every week ain't going to make anyone tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They're shit! that's what's wrong.
  • Options
    TRBOLLOX just said Bliazzard 'nick the ball'!! sorry but thats a joke. We are and average club in a S@*T league
    Why are we playing our best player on the left wing!! Parky got the tactics wrong FULL STOP
  • Options
    Just hope we pull our fingers out tomorrow night and take advantage, its a funny old league this and no doubt a few more roller coaster rides before its finished. Our next three games are Walsall, Brighton and Oldham all at home after which we should be back on track.
  • Options
    Think we might be scrapping at the bottom next season. Would never have thought it earlier in the season when we played some good stuff.
  • Options
    once again no movement through midfield. I seem to remember earlier in the season the ball being passed through midfield with the midfielders taking up good positions to receive the ball. Now there's too many long balls because the midfield seem to have lost the ability to do this at the moment.

Perhaps Parky should get the midfielders to play in more five a side training sessions and try and get the movement back.
  • Options
    Very dissapointing result,Things need to pick up quickly if we want to hang on to our play off place.
  • Options
    We were out fought, we looked poor, and massively unbalanced without Basey on the left, Solly was a big weak leak.

Need Youga back soon, but in the words of the Glee club, 'Don't stop believing'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRAPdLqvcB0
  • Options
    Screamer thats the point we played football not long ball crap.