Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views and Reaction vs. Bristol Rovers

Comments

• Options
    agreed adam what make sit more frustrating is that we aren't addressing problems that have been evident since Millwall at home.
  • Options
    Wow, we are crap. Im sorry, but there is no defending that performance last night. I cant see us getting out of this league now and thats based on the last 2 months. I've tried to get behind PP but im really struggling at the moment. How can we be 31 games into a season and the manager still not know what his best team or formation is?!?!?!...ok we have had some injuries, but why is he playing Bailey out wide when we have Reid on the bench?....I said the same with Mooney, but if Akpo Sodje is a pro footballer then i still have a chance. Burton had the touch of a baby rhino last night.

How can our players get any consistency into their performances if they dont know where they are playing each week. PP has become a serial tinker man and it now seems like he has completely run out of ideas. Still, cant put everything down to the manager.

Would love to see a statistic of how many second balls we have won/picked up over the last 8 or so games. To me, that is a key indication of how much our players want it and at they moment they really dont.

Well done to all those that went last night.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    still as pissed off this morning as I was last night.

I agree with others that I think we need to go back to 451, the back 4 is a worry for me, Dailly and Sodje look like they've never played together and as for Solly, he looked totally exposed and that could be a problem if Youga isn't fit soon.

Just hope we can get some sort of form back and stay in the play-offs cause after the last 4/5 games I've watched I'd say even that's not guaranteed at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]
    1) Why play Bailey out wide left & leave Reid on the bench - Reid has been one of the better players since he joined us & the reason he joined us in the 1st place was that it weren't working with Bailkey out wide.

Agree that Reid should've started. However, as soon as Bailey went into the middle he was actually involved less I thought. He offers the full back far more cover than any of our other left wing options, and this was definitely needed after Solly came on and had a rather shaky start (he did grow in confidence as the match went on though).
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]The Sven style of standing at the dug out in silence just doesn't work anymore Parkinson. Time to say some words during the game I think, just to reassure fans that you do actually care. We know you're shy but just one or two words please.

Don't give me the shouting = more passionate = cares more = better manager argument. It's bull. Every manager has their own style from the touchline, and plenty of managers defer the shouting etc to their assistant.
  • Options
    All I will say is if we had a goalscorer we would be moaning about not playing well but at least we would have got something from the game, our strikers simply aren't good enough. I had a quick look at our 4 strikers records in English League football, from what I can see it totals 974 games 242 goals, with most of these around this level that is just not good enough
  • Options
    The way we are playing, I couldnt even be bothered to walk the 50 yards to the pub to watch the game.
    I am now adopting the laissez faire attitude of the players for the rest of the season, and not gonna get down or upset about results and performances.
  • Options
    On a positive note I just did the Predictor thing on BBC and we came 2nd 2 points ahead of Norwich!

Not sure how I managed that, but going through all the fixtures there's a hell of alot of football to be played.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]but going through all the fixtures there's a hell of alot of football to be played.

A hell of a lot of football to be played badly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]They are not going well at the moment. I would just like to see us have a run of games without conceding (m)any goals.

That's all I want right now, a clean sheet. Surprisingly, despite our attacking failings, we have been finding the net most games, and a string of 1-0s would be lovely if we could just find a few of those clean sheets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]just got back. I never get carried away by the scoreline as it's always the performance for me. I thought we were excellant tonight from back to front. The centre half pairing looked solid, midfield was creative and full of running, the wide players got at their fullbacks all game and up front Sodje and Burton looked lively. We created so many chances it was emabarrassing and their keeper was world class. The post rescued them on a couple of occasions and a couple of goaline clearances kept us out too. Sometimes it just isn't your night but it was a performance to be proud of. Parky is now showing that when the going gets tough he's the man to sort it out. Well done all.

ps all the best Grant for a speedy recovery.

thumbnail.aspx?q=1371791303498&id=7495edd05b1e69548f67ff6e513c1990&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.barracoodas.co.uk%2fimages%2fPicB043.jpg

I wondered when you guys would make your appearance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]On a positive note I just did the Predictor thing on BBC and we came 2nd 2 points ahead of Norwich!

Not sure how I managed that, but going through all the fixtures there's a hell of alot of football to be played.

I agree, BRE. Every team has good runs/bad runs, good luck/bad luck etc. With 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw, things soon change as we have shown. There are some big home games to come at the end of the season and if our form returns, there's plenty of time for it all to change.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]On a positive note I just did the Predictor thing on BBC and we came 2nd 2 points ahead of Norwich!

After I've done those things I always minus five from our score and add five to Millwall's to try and compensate for unavoidable bias ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]just got back. I never get carried away by the scoreline as it's always the performance for me. I thought we were excellant tonight from back to front. The centre half pairing looked solid, midfield was creative and full of running, the wide players got at their fullbacks all game and up front Sodje and Burton looked lively. We created so many chances it was emabarrassing and their keeper was world class. The post rescued them on a couple of occasions and a couple of goaline clearances kept us out too. Sometimes it just isn't your night but it was a performance to be proud of. Parky is now showing that when the going gets tough he's the man to sort it out. Well done all.

ps all the best Grant for a speedy recovery.

thumbnail.aspx?q=1371791303498&id=7495edd05b1e69548f67ff6e513c1990&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.barracoodas.co.uk%2fimages%2fPicB043.jpg

I wondered when you guys would make your appearance
  • Options
    Would i have taken where we are now back in august? yes.
    but i would rip your arm from your socket if, today, you offered me 6th come May.
  • Options
    shit
  • Options
    Although I'm not Semedo's biggest fan, he let's other players play and picks up the pieces. If other players do not buzz or get involved then it leaves his decision making exposed. At least he trys to get a foot on the ball, other players need to look at themselves and not rely on someone else to set the tone. But hey it's been going on for about five years now......
  • Options
    it must have been bad for cafcofficial not to be retweeting anything from cafcgirl87 as he is usually her biggest fan
  • Options
    Is booing allowed yet or will that upset the players ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Is booing allowed yet or will that upset the players ?

well after the 3 home games and 4 points where the crowd were on the players backs and booing what we need is 3 away games where the expectation and pressure will be less and the players will find it easier to play ...... oh 2 points from them 3 games .... ok well we'll try and blame it on something else or maybe we've got a lot of real pony underperforming players at our club ... just a thought
  • Options
    Watched the game online last night.

How is our defending so poor? Its rubbish. I think the players there should be walking this league but just dont seem to be able to work as a unit. Whoever plays in the middle seem to always be arguing with each other, fullbacks seem niave and dont push up half enough. None of this was the case at the start of the season.

Tackle on the edge of the box. How many times this season have we let players stroll across the box without making a challenge? Need to show a little more commiment in the tackle (to tackle) this isnt Ronaldo or Torres we are playing against.

Then we are so slow on the break (or appear to be). Early on in the season we would push out quickly with forward passes not across the back four perpetually waiting for the opposition to come to us. Quicker breaks. Its not like we dont have the opportunity as the ball is generally in our half a lot of the time.

Shots. More shots ppplleeeaaassseeeeee. Our goal a case in point, hit it hard, deflection, goal. When teams have a lot of men behind the ball, hit at pace, you never know. Better than relying on headers in the box as we NEVER seem to get on the end of them.

Though. We are still up there which should give some hope. Just need to get some confidence back and have no more games on the telly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a quick look at what's been said and broadly agree. We looked bereft of ideas most of the time. In short we have to take chances like Akpo's free header in the first half if we are to get anywhere because we don't make enough chances. Rovers aren't world beaters and we looked ordinary.

However Big shout out for all who went, what with the circumstances, and for at least providing some entertainment compared to what was on the pitch. The bouncing kept me warm and the "There's only two Harry Potters" kept me laughing. At least if the team are awful, we can still have a laugh.
  • Options
    As Killers Beard pointed out, our midfield are playing too far apart. So it doesn't matter who you pick or where you play them as Parky is finding by trial & error, when we've got the ball we have to pass too far, when they have the ball there's plenty of space to run into. We have to be more compact as a side and pass to a player in the vicinity not a hit and hope long ball.
  • Options
    Us and Leeds on bad runs: Why? Big squads - too much rotation / swapping players around from their usual positions.

Other/lesser teams getting stronger now. Why? Same first 11 (pretty much every game) in familiar positions = play to strengths + familiarity.

That's why these teams are getting stronger and it's where we are going wrong.

We only have one LT injury - Youga - all this changing formation and the spine of the team every bloody game is fundamentally what is going wrong and not one of us could name our strongest 11 right now and agree or disagree.

Not only does PP not know his strongest 11 - neither do we now - which is why we are all squabbling and why the players are completely LOST.
  • Options
    I'm sure the no reserves has a bigger part to play in all this. Where do players regain there form match fitness a friendly here or there.

Solly, Richardson, Mooney, McKenzie would all in the past have 2/3 reserve games to get upto speed same as burton not playing well at the moment could do with a rest but a run out in the reserves a few goals and bang comes back in a bit more bouyant instead they get dropped dont play or play with a team full trialists
  • Options
    For me;

1)Deon Burton doesnt hold the ball up like he did at the start of the season,

2) Very slack defending (probably due to a change of back four every game, enforced or not) and

3) That we dont win any second balls, Jose Semedo no longer is the midfield enforcer he was, and Terry Racon can no longer 'open up a defence'

Perfect time for a change of personel as something needs to change. Maybe time for Spring who can pick a pass and Leon Mckensie who may be more of a threat than Burton and Akpo
  • Options
    we are just very predictable
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]we are just very predictable
    You talking about you and ooh ahh? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

boom boom!
  • Options

ha ha, my second chuckle of the day (following VGs pancake post)

Will there be a hat trick ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]

boom boom!

the truth hurts .......